• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.61

DeletedUser96867

Never should have been released from beta in this state.

Never should have been introduced to beta in this state. Not enough thought has even been given to this 'feature' to have even begun coding it!!!!

DeletedUser16026

Would like to know Why has there been no statement / reply from the dev's through their CM / CCM about the messaging system fiasco still?? Are there any plans of doing something with it - specially the "XXX left the conversations" issue - or it is going to be like this forever ?? We, the players, seriously deserve to get atleast some kind of response from them after what we been going through because of releasing an update with already known issues, which was severely criticized / complained when it was being tested.

As mentioned the message system will not remain as it is, there will be improvements with upcoming updates. Regarding the "X has left the conversation" note, that too will undergo changes. At this time we cannot say when. The earliest these changes can go in effect is with update 1.62 and while we're hoping and pushing for that to be the case, we cannot confirm that until the changelog is finalized.

DeletedUser6065

'As mentioned the message system will not remain as it is, there will be improvements with upcoming updates.'

You know something? You guys are getting awful careless with the use of the word 'improvements'. Beginning to irritate me.

. . . mk

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
As mentioned the message system will not remain as it is, there will be improvements with upcoming updates. Regarding the "X has left the conversation" note, that too will undergo changes. At this time we cannot say when. The earliest these changes can go in effect is with update 1.62 and while we're hoping and pushing for that to be the case, we cannot confirm that until the changelog is finalized.

Thank you @Darkstar for the reply and trying to push the case to the Dev's... That's all I wanted to know ...Hopefully the changes are brought up as soon as possible and will be something which does not cause any other issues...

DeletedUser5180

Errr Sorry for sticking my nose in but did someone say "Improvements"?
What am I missing? I checked everywhere and I couldn't find them.
Please elaborate :)

best post on this thread hehe

You know something? You guys are getting awful careless with the use of the word 'improvements'. Beginning to irritate me.

. . . mk

agreed

DeletedUser102241

@Darkstar - thanks for pushing the "xyz left the Conversation" with the Dev's. There are several improvements needed, but removing "xyz left the Conversation" is by far the most pressing. It's angering virtually all players (not just the ones that post on this forum) and tearing guilds apart. This update can't come soon enough.

DeletedUser108356

It's odd that out of the four worlds I play on, only one guild seems to have issues with the "left the thread" messages but yet there's pages of discussion here.
It doesn't bother me personally (anymore than threads to which I have no interest filtering up to the top of the list) but I know people are (easily, this day and age it seems) annoyed by a variety of things. A few simple checkboxes in options could solve this issue: "Count 'left the conversation' as a new message" and "Display 'left the conversation' messages". There, majority of complaints solved by a few chat filter options. As for people who preferred the old system of deleting mail until a new message popped up, adding an option to "Hide" a message until a new message arrives would solve that.
The real question here is, why didn't these issues arise during beta testing?

DeletedUser6395

What the hell is wrong with the people that devised this ridiculous and annoying messaging system?
Who cares who leaves the message after reading and why would we need to know???

I wonder sometimes what the need is to "improve" something that has worked reasonably well for the last 4 years and then cause all this mayhem over a very basic messaging system that doesn't need rocket science to make it functional and useable.

For God's sake give us all a break and get rid of this stupid system that lists everyone that has read and left the message. It has no merit whatsoever and is most annoying to everyone I've spoken to.

DeletedUser108356

Who cares who leaves the message after reading and why would we need to know???

For God's sake give us all a break and get rid of this stupid system that lists everyone that has read and left the message. It has no merit whatsoever and is most annoying to everyone I've spoken to.

Actually, it does have merit to guild leaders... and even to individuals depending on the message. For instance, if you post a trade request to friends/guildies and people leave the message with no response and your offer is still not accepted, you know they're either unable or unwilling to assist (instead of simply wondering if they ever saw the message). Same for GvG support requests for guild leader. It has merit. And apart from here and one guild in the four worlds in which I play, I've heard very little complaint about the system. Yes, it could use some tweaks (the game as a whole could, to be honest) but it's not game-breaking.

DeletedUser96867

For instance, if you post a trade request to friends/guildies and people leave the message with no response and your offer is still not accepted, you know they're either unable or unwilling to assist (instead of simply wondering if they ever saw the message).

If I send a guild wide message to 80 players about needing a trade the fact that 10 of them left the conversation is basically meaningless. Certainly not meaningful enough to justify that it may have resulted in as many as 745 message notifications about people having 'left the conversation'. While I agree it does have some minimal value mostly to guild leaders I expect in it's current state the majority of guild leaders are experiencing far far more problems then enjoying the small benefits.

"And apart from here and one guild in the four worlds in which I play, I've heard very little complaint about the system).
Sounds like you have lucked out. All it seems to take is a few players who are constantly leaving conversations before it snowballs into a much larger population racing to see who can get out of the conversation first.

DeletedUser

Actually, it does have merit to guild leaders... and even to individuals depending on the message. For instance, if you post a trade request to friends/guildies and people leave the message with no response and your offer is still not accepted, you know they're either unable or unwilling to assist (instead of simply wondering if they ever saw the message). Same for GvG support requests for guild leader. It has merit. And apart from here and one guild in the four worlds in which I play, I've heard very little complaint about the system. Yes, it could use some tweaks (the game as a whole could, to be honest) but it's not game-breaking.

I am a guild leader, and I couldn't care less about who left the conversation. I already know who the active and helpful people are as well as the ones who do almost nothing. In addition to that, guild leaders have a lot of important messages that get pushed way down the line and more difficult to find because of all the left conversation messages.

and yes, all it takes is a couple people to really start the snowball rolling. 10 people leaving 10 messages creates 100 new mails being pushed to the front of the line. that's 20 pages of garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108315

There is a very simple solution to this problem and it could be a fast fix. What would be needed - inbox ( all regular messages ), notifications ( all the spam and all notifications/messages about members leaving the threads ) and write message. If the leaders or thread creators would have a need of checking who left the threads could always go to "notifications" or whatever it would be called, ppl who would not be interested in such info would never have to check it or be bothered. What we need is clean inbox separated from all the spam. Think gmail and how it's been resolved there.
From what I heard in the next update the message creator/leader will be able to add and remove people, so no more creating new threads. But if you will resolve it the same way... that everybody will get an info that somebody was removed from the list or added it only means more spam! So please remove the notifications or separate it form an inbox so we could finally freely delete old/unwanted messages without upsetting anybody! Don't think it's so much to ask for! ?

DeletedUser99588

Updated Android APP and it hasn't provided the message system even though the google play store states New Message System for the update.

DeletedUser17313

No message function on Android Samsung Galaxy S5

Updated Android APP and it hasn't provided the message system even though the google play store states New Message System for the update.

I have found the same problem, despite google play store saying the update has the new message system, it doesn't.
I even deleted the app completely and re-installed it to see if messaging was available then, But sadly NOT!
The app still says "coming soon". Wish someone would define the word "soon" ha, ha !!!!

DeletedUser80579

The announcement did say that messaging on the app would be available 'several dozen hours after' (who writes this stuff lol) the browser release.

DeletedUser100555

While I agree it does have some minimal value mostly to guild leaders I expect in it's current state the majority of guild leaders are experiencing far far more problems then enjoying the small benefits.

Those who have left the converstation can be deduced from the list of people still remaining in the group. However, if Inno really wanted to improve gameplay they would offer better tools to guild leaders e.g. in the meny that says 'Leave' there could also be 'guild members who left the thread' or 'guild excluded'.

I'm sure that could be had for the same price as that utterly useless recap dialog in the tech tree (Press Age '?' to see the useless screen and fanfare).

DeletedUser108356

and yes, all it takes is a couple people to really start the snowball rolling. 10 people leaving 10 messages creates 100 new mails being pushed to the front of the line. that's 20 pages of garbage.

Well, usually it's 10 people leaving the same 10 messages which turns into 10 "new messages". If you've got 100 threads going a day, you've got worse issues to deal with than the new message system. Most of the guilds to which I belong there might 20-30 threads a day, most of the messages condenses to a few recurring ones (like FP swaps, GvG alerts, etc.). Even WITHOUT the "left a thread" new message flags, I'd find getting 100 threads in a day a bit overkill for a guild. At most (even in the old system) I've got 4 pages of messages to filter if I just log in once a day (there might be a hundred new messages in a thread, but not 100 threads), since even with a guild size of 80 (which I have on two worlds) that'd mean each member is creating over 1 new thread (not merely message but entirely new topic) a day.

So I'm considering this a gross over-exaggeration of the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser101421

leaving the message notification needs to be removed immediately. as a Guild leader i am now confused and cannot without much searching find important messages. I am therefore not responding as i should and my guild will suffer. we don't need to know and to some extent i don't care who leaves a message thread. Please change this soon as Inno will suffer. part of the game is how people feel in a guild ..if leaders don't respond people leave full stop and your revenues will be affected over time. this could be ok just needs sorting out but quickly.
Vods

DeletedUser16026

Messaging on the apps should become available at some point today. While the new update is already available in the stores, the messaging system has not yet been activated.