• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.59

DeletedUser4571

When will there be updates on the most annoying bug feature since GvG started?
Namely: the constant freezing, the internal errors one gets when to many one the same hectagon on Gmap? No matter what browser one uses, how clean cache is etc.
Seems mostly only happening in advanced eras and mostly only with high developed cities, so a logical conclusion is high usage and high amount of data concentrated one one data spot/hectagons seems to be the main problem. Im thinking this is likely due to server management allocation. But i'm guessing here, cause I never see any bugfixes on this problem and I assure you its a big BUG still.
I like all new changes but why not fix the main bug or at least shed some light on whats being done about it?
Other then that finally some announcement about updating archaic message system is hopeful.

DeletedUser99588

@Chiara

I think it is a mixture of poor memory management, i.e. memory leakage which increases to a point where it crashes the browser. This is normally seen after a number of consecutive battles whether in GvG or PvP. Secondly there is also an issue which I think could be server related when there are a number of players attacking/defending same sector causing the game to freeze and even lock you from a sector and before you know it defence has been replaced or the sector taken depending whose players were locked out. In addition to this there are occasions where a number of players experience excessive game lag at the same time when fighting. The fact so many are experiencing from a wide range of locations would suggest it isn't down to personal internet connections and rather an issue with the FoE server.

DeletedUser101007

Is there any way to turn off this 'direct attack' feature? I keep inadvertently moving my stealth troops off the hexes where they are concealed when they attack opposing units. It seems to me that the only way I can be sure they won't get moved is to count the hexes, which is a bit of a bind.

DeletedUser107724

Before the feature, clicking on enemy unit would not move yours. So either use the AoE as an indicator or... oh wait. If you are using stealth unit and the arrow indicates it will move to a bad hex, why are you clicking in the first place?

DeletedUser100555

Before the feature, clicking on enemy unit would not move yours. So either use the AoE as an indicator or... oh wait. If you are using stealth unit and the arrow indicates it will move to a bad hex, why are you clicking in the first place?

There was a bug in direct attack that would move your units even if battling in manual style, but thats been fixed. Ignore the feature for stealth tanks, but it can speed up e.g. attacking with drones.

+1 for fixing the GvG bug. Needing to refresh every 8-20 battles is a pain. Serious GvG play now involves planning a refresh time so you are not caught during a long lag when waiting to replace a siege.

DeletedUser4571

@Chiara

I think it is a mixture of poor memory management, i.e. memory leakage which increases to a point where it crashes the browser. This is normally seen after a number of consecutive battles whether in GvG or PvP. Secondly there is also an issue which I think could be server related when there are a number of players attacking/defending same sector causing the game to freeze and even lock you from a sector and before you know it defence has been replaced or the sector taken depending whose players were locked out. In addition to this there are occasions where a number of players experience excessive game lag at the same time when fighting. The fact so many are experiencing from a wide range of locations would suggest it isn't down to personal internet connections and rather an issue with the FoE server.

Yes that is exactly what I am thinking and trying to get through to Foe, but no response at all at taking responsibility for it and just fix it.
It is not that hard to do. Now the whole game has stut down again.....

DeletedUser6065

'There was a bug in direct attack that would move your units even if battling in manual style, but thats been fixed. '

Nope. I've had several battles today, and my units moved.

This is just one more butt-crappy 'feature'. In the past, if I clicked on a unit, it was out of immediate range, I then had the choice of to move, or not to move.

Now, units continue to move automatically.

Butt-crappy.

Period.

. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

If you are encountering a bug, can we please see a screenshot or a thorough description of what happened?

DeletedUser15986

If you are encountering a bug, can we please see a screenshot or a thorough description of what happened?

I think he just means the auto-movement feature to hit a unit - specifically he's placed a unit in the hex he requires, then clicked the unit to see if it's in range. It used to be the case that when the unit wasn't in range it would stay put and do nothing, now it will automatically move.

Personally I also hate this feature, and would prefer to be able to disable it. If I'm using a "hide" unit and it has to break cover to attack then I'd rather it didn't do it automatically if I've somehow managed to misjudge the distance to my target. It's bad enough having to persistently mouseover each hex to see if the picture of a tree actually means the sector it looks like it on, or the one below. (Have been caught by this more than once.)

DeletedUser2989

I've only recently tried battles (and thus this new feature) and have to say I didn't bother using the "semi-auto-attack" other than a few times just to make sure it worked hehe. I didn't have any problems manually fighting with the feature active but I do understand where it'd get annoying. I'm not sure it adds much to the game but at the same time I know some people are fine with using it, so to that end I'd also support making it an "enable/disable" feature just to avoid annoying players that have chosen not to use it.