• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.57

• Thread starter DeletedUser16026
  • Start date

DeletedUser11899

...but when hovering over the unit list the annoying tooltip is still there:

battle_pop_up.jpg

..well it seems to me these people still have no idea about fighting manually or its so difficult for them to remove it

Another useless feature ...once again

DeletedUser98483

The only reason I can think of for this update is that it's so dire, it is designed to turn our attention away from all the other items players have been asking to be changed for ages!
Why, oh why, change a manual battle to an auto when players who don't want to battle manually can already use Auto? The whole point about PvP manually (and on the map) is to make best use of terrain against the defending units. Now I have stealth tanks placed in a good position for the second move....hey, the AI then changes it & they end up not in cover! End of stealth tanks, end of battle. Those of us using manual battle have the intelligence to move units to best advantage....I cannot see that this update provides anything other than sheer frustration. A move to an adjacent position also means a rebound hit.....why take this when it is not necessary? Can we have this change obliterated? Leave us with the choice of manual or auto, not two auto options!

An old saying applies here..." If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

DeletedUser100555

Managed to recreate the problem twice in the same battle.

Attack 1 after one move. Note the reduced range, the unit has moved already. One click attack still shown and it will move the unit -
wohP2Rj.jpg

Attack 1 after attack. Unit moved -
zgHyaYV.jpg

Attack 2 after one move. One click attack still shown and it will move the unit (again) -
xZ7QyNO.jpg

Attack 2 after attack. Unit moved next to stealth tank and damaged on retaliation. Thanks AI ! -
RWTRfLO.jpg

Clearly in the second case I'd rather not have butted heads with a stealth tank, but I didn't have that option.

DeletedUser2989

I haven't tried any battles since the update but in the pictures that both byeordie and ol7897 provided I'm thinking that maybe it's intended to work differently for different units? Champs getting no additional bonus due to range from target moves till just in range then fires whereas units that do get bonuses (AKA Microwave blasters) continue to move closer to maximize damage regardless of retaliation. But that doesn't explain why that first one moved away from the target then fired... either way it's a frustrating feature of that "one-click" change that should be undone.

DeletedUser7719

Managed to recreate the problem twice in the same battle.
Attack 1 after one move. Note the reduced range, the unit has moved already. One click attack still shown and it will move the unit -
wohP2Rj.jpg

Attack 1 after attack. Unit moved -
zgHyaYV.jpg

Attack 2 after one move. One click attack still shown and it will move the unit (again) -
xZ7QyNO.jpg

Attack 2 after attack. Unit moved next to stealth tank and damaged on retaliation. Thanks AI ! -
RWTRfLO.jpg

Clearly in the second case I'd rather not have butted heads with a stealth tank, but I didn't have that option.
Ah, so is this only with Microwave Blasters and Stealth Tanks (or a bit more generalized: with units with blast against units with stealth)? Or have you replicated this with other units?

Btw, a way to prevent it would be moving back and forth until you run out of movement, then click on the unit, but I know that'll be annoying to do :p

DeletedUser100555

I can't remember what other units I was using when I first spotted this. It doesn't really matter. The point is that if you do not use the full range of a unit, the AI is still in control. There is no manual battle mode anymore. I'm pretty sure the idea is not to get your stealth tanks to do donuts to burn off range before attacking. Maybe drifting will feature more heavily in the Future era.

DeletedUser15432

Well, not too sure about some of the items they have changed this time around, not done any battles as yet as been busy in real life and with 14 worlds that does not leave a lot of time for battles if one is busy.

One question, what has happened to the 2nd TE Great Building, has this gone MIA or are we only going to get one great building for this era?

DeletedUser99588

Manual fighting needs to be fixed NOW!!!

Why in hell are they messing around with adding this crud when there is so much other stuff that needs fixing/improving?????

Seriously they have totally lost the plot. Every update messes something up. Have they no pride in their work?

DeletedUser4879

Hi, to those of you not able to log on: Maybe they (Inno) want you to play some place else,
while their top devs are on summer vacation!! LMAO....:D

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
That is part of the new feature in the game, direct attack. If you click an enemy unit in range directly, your unit attacks that unit right away. The "manual" option here would be moving your unit adjacent to the enemy, and then clicking to attack.

This statement is incorrect, as already reported by other players. After the change, when attacking with microwave blasters, they will always move one hex in a random direction automatically, even if the target was already in range. I have not witnessed this behavior with other units, but I rarely use anything other than champions and microwave blasters.

Simply put, this update added an unwanted feature and broke manual battle mode. Get it fixed, and stop giving us these useless and untested bugdates.

DeletedUser15432

I have a question which bears on this latest update, have Inno games introduced a reward for when your city changes ages, yesterday, I got a reward for changing one of my cities up to the next age, I looked back through the most recent change logs and could find no reference to this, please could a moderator contact the development team and clarify this

DeletedUser99588

I have a question which bears on this latest update, have Inno games introduced a reward for when your city changes ages, yesterday, I got a reward for changing one of my cities up to the next age, I looked back through the most recent change logs and could find no reference to this, please could a moderator contact the development team and clarify this

Currently it is being tested across the live servers on a random basis. There was no mention of it in the updates which isn't unusual as a number of things change without being listed.

DeletedUser5180

better still............

don't try fixing it and reactivating it as you'll just break some other part of the game

just forget the whole stupid idea and concentrade on something important