• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.56

DeletedUser96745

Another useless update, without even touching big subjects from forum..

DeletedUser96901

will be a really great 2nd Great Building of Tomorrow

7 updates since the era and it is still missing

so no ordinary bonus which nobody needs again
something really so big and innovative that it takes at least 8 updates (= 16 weeks) to program it

DeletedUser101925

I've never had the '0' quest reward bug until today.

Thank you for the bug fixes :)

Sorry but why do you thank them for cleaning up their own mistakes?
Isn't that what they are supposed to do? Do we need to thank them for that now?

I'll thank them when they fix the slow GvG and continent map OR constantly getting internal errors in GvG OR fixing memory issues OR speeding up the game OR rebalancing points especially GB's. I will refuse to thank them for screwing up the quests and we have to wait for it to be fixed.

Another update with nothing.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Fixing some stuff that should never have made it through in the first place....whoopee bloody doo.

Excuse my sarcasm...sorry

PS...I had to include this.....

Basing on players' feedback, the quest windows underwent some polishing:
- the size of the quest text has been further increased,

What about the damn GB balancing issue which was fedback in 2014?

Last edited:

DeletedUser16126

Based on feedback on the quest window they did some improvements... like adding some animation!

Wondering on which server that idiot is playing that requested/suggested that!

will be a really great 2nd Great Building of Tomorrow

7 updates since the era and it is still missing

so no ordinary bonus which nobody needs again
something really so big and innovative that it takes at least 8 updates (= 16 weeks) to program it

Last time they waited that long to release it was the atomium... OK there are worse GB's, but not really what we expected after waiting soo long. Sure the floorspace it needs is terrible, sure for the GB that probably needs the least floorspace in real life...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11899

maybe the devs have lost their users manual "Designing & Programming GB's. User's guide"
and surely they're still looking for it ;)

DeletedUser

Yes, a second small update, but vacations are for everyone and in every development company, summer and x-mas are always the least busy time and it's not the best time to release something with a reduced crew.

But at the same time, when you read other FoE forums with so many different ideas, it's disappointing that Inno are adding more novelties that would make the game more fun, even for very experienced players.

I believe it would be better to have one centralized ideas forum, because we are split in many different forums and it's difficult to get traction from many great ideas. Maybe then Inno would see the best ideas that would make this game more fun.

DeletedUser4879

Love those replies! Don't think the devs need mine after those...;)
Just one question: When will hardware acceleration be turnend on again!
Must be the number 1 issue after all those problems with FLASH!!!!
Does Inno know any of their games can't be played on LINUX, 'cause Flash
Is a four letter word (SWEAR) there!! Customers lost!!

DeletedUser7719

Sorry but why do you thank them for cleaning up their own mistakes?
Isn't that what they are supposed to do? Do we need to thank them for that now?
Sounds like you're going to do it ;):
I'll thank them when they fix the slow GvG and continent map OR constantly getting internal errors in GvG OR fixing memory issues OR speeding up the game OR rebalancing points especially GB's.

DeletedUser103518

when collecting stuff, the quest objectives still don't update while the window is open, will this be reversed as well and when?

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Since the update battles have been 'freezing' - that is so say, at various stages during battles, after hitting an enemy unit (either with a ranged or melee attack) the game doesn't appear to register the move and nothing happens. It requires a restart of the browser (and the game). Selecting to 'continue battle' allows the battle to continue from the point where my unit caused damage.

Another anomaly is that my city shows the icon to indicate that I have been plundered - yet I have no plundered buildings, AND my event history only shows two attacks on my city (both unsuccessful) in the past 5 days.

DeletedUser99588

I wouldn't say bugs are their fault. They do alot of QA testing obviously, but they cannot catch everything and some bugs doesn't manifest until the update goes live on the main servers.

You don't need to thank them, but I did. Erasing bugs is something I value and it might not be that you do.
We all value different things.

This is so funny. Many of the bugs are spotted in beta and just passed into the live server without a care about how it effects the players. They do not have QA or if they do it is totally ignored.

DeletedUser15432

Well, that is something - reversed the glitch so that when you use forge points in research you can now return to the city screen directly as it always used to be

However, nothing done about the major glitches such as memory leakage when changing between multiple worlds, currently reduced to visiting once per day and still suffering multiple shutdowns, this is not a fault with my computer as I have had it cleaned and checked, also, it only happens on Forge of Empires when in game, does not occur on Grepolis, Elvanar or Tribal Wars 2

6 shutdowns in 1 hour

DeletedUser101925

I think you misunderstood me. I am very thankful when they fix bugs. However i'm not thankful for the fact I receive "0" for my quest rewards for 2 days not knowing what I get and now i'm expected to clap my hands and be thankful for them fixing what they broke just a week ago. Yeah... no.

I wouldn't say bugs are their fault. They do alot of QA testing obviously, but they cannot catch everything and some bugs doesn't manifest until the update goes live on the main servers.

If they really did "alot of QA testing" we wouldn't have all these internal errors or memory leaks or forced restarts on the GvG and continental map while battling. If they did so much testing they wouldn't introduce this many new bugs nor push them through beta.

If they really did so much testing then why do they come out with the "red swords" feature, a feature no one has asked for, when fighting enemies but shows red swords on all enemies regardless if it's in shooting range or not. That would've been easily fixed if the devs did just 1 battle and see it for themselves.

So sorry. I dont believe you when you say they do QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTING.