• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.55

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
:o Change the developers... :o

Now we're talking!

I've worked in IT systems development my whole life and I've come across several teams who would rather fiddle with the graphics than actually solve the problems with code - that's what's happening here. The team at INNO needs a competent project manager who wont let them carry on like this...

...and fix it on beta before it becomes live!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

Could you perhaps give more feedback more than just "this is bad". It's easier for the devs to change/adjust something, if they know what the players dislike with the current form.

okay mate, here is something for you to defend................

we have this new layout for the quest window (which an overwhelming majority hate)

when clicking abort we get the old style pop up for keep / abort quest

so the old style abort / keep quest pop up appears over the new style quest window

did the devs run out of time rushing this through and couldn't finish the job OR are they totally incompetent and didn't notice.?

go back to the devs, tell them no-one likes this and get a hotfix (without another batch of bugs please)

thats my feedback mate

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Could you perhaps give more feedback more than just "this is bad". It's easier for the devs to change/adjust something, if they know what the players dislike with the current form.

You're having a laugh aren't you? Are you saying that negative feedback will only be addressed if it is given 'chapter and verse'

I fail to see why time and effort was given to changing the layout of the quest screens as nothing seemed broken to me....yet the big issue that has been mentioned time and again for over six months now has gone unresolved......

DeletedUser16126

Also a horrible feature is that the quest window is popping up even if another window e.g. supply loading window is open.
You click to charge a production and then just before the click the quest stuf pops up a and you cancel the quest in a single click.
As far as I can imagine the quest window was before not coming over the supply window. It just popped up when the other window got closed.
Also unreadable: bad font, bad size, bad contrast, too bright...
Also not consistent: treasure hunt is still using the nice good readable old template! !!! Please keep it this way !!!

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
My point being, if what players dislike isn't explained, then inno might change something about an update that the players actually liked and vice versa (due to lack of information). And we don't want that.

Over six months of feedback regarding the GB points balancing issue.... methinks a whole lot of infomation

DeletedUser16126

My point being, if what players dislike isn't explained, then inno might change something about an update that the players actually liked and vice versa (due to lack of information). And we don't want that.
Inno doesn't change things everyone is complaining about.
but Inno changes (read: screws up) things that no-one ever complained about.
So what does it matter if we give feedback or not?
Also the other feature they announced in this update (but I luckily couldn't find yet) also seems very unusefull.
Can someone explain what reasoning there is about this kind of updates?
Brings it in anything to the company??? Is this a kind of learning exercise for newbies????
I see only frustration and dislike by the players.
Is this because the current devs are not competent enough to solve the real issues, and therefor enjoy themselves in useless add-ons?
If they really don't have anything better to do then it would be better to let them play the game a bit. In that way they would know what is important for a player.

DeletedUser

If they really don't have anything better to do then it would be better to let them play the game a bit. In that way they would know what is important for a player.

The worrying thing is that the developers are meant to play the game sometimes. :D

DeletedUser97018

wow! i'm loving this update! even more then all the other ones!!!
i just adore the constant kicking out of the game when doing almost nothing to trigger that
i love the fact that i can't buy FPs while in tech tree anymore
i love the feeling i get in my eyes when looking and trying to read new quests, it feels so tingly and warm, i get so overwhelmed i even start to cry a little...
i love the fact that i have new hoodies that are in stone age with us in CE - PE, all thanks to this new update!
i also love the fact that we have beta for testing purposes and everything that's being said there is taken into consideration...
sorry, feel like i'm going off topic
but yes, all in all, i just love the way we tell them where are the problems and they doing such a great job ignoring us
loving it!!!
thank you inno for being that way, otherwise i just might have to restrain all my sarkyness and tell you welldone...

DeletedUser101925

There's plenty of concrete feedback in this thread from other players for him to present his statement like so.

Also there are plenty of issues that are being complained about for months if not a year and none of those issues have been resolved. So please, please, don't say things like that last line. It comes off, atleast to me, as an insult rather then a bandaid for our waiting.

Inno doesn't change things everyone is complaining about.
but Inno changes (read: screws up) things that no-one ever complained about.
So what does it matter if we give feedback or not?

I see only frustration and dislike by the players.
Is this because the current devs are not competent enough to solve the real issues, and therefor enjoy themselves in useless add-ons?

I sadly have to agree with this comment.

My patience for existing issues such as GB points, broken unit filter, memory leaks and GvG (Ghosting/stalemates) is slowly fading away and i feel myself getting quite agitated when reading upon these somewhat useless updates not fixing any issues that have been reported for months.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
Could you perhaps give more feedback than just "this is bad". It's easier for the devs to change/adjust something, if they know what the players dislike with the current form.

I think everyone has been unanimous about what is wrong with the new quest window - too bright, too little contrast in progress bar, difficult to read. I would like to add a couple more - the quest objectives no longer update while the window is open, forcing players to close and reopen it, meaning more clicking instead of less, and sometimes the random reward fails to load, so you cannot see what the reward was. Oh, and the new window completely fails to address any of the real issues with the old one, save for one only, the ability to pay immediately.

But really, the best thing to do would be to abandon this update completely and go back to the old quest window. At least it worked consistently, unlike this one.

Not to worry, no one actually likes this update at all, and Inno never changes anything anyway.

DeletedUser5180

@ iiendless

have you gone back to the devs with our feedback yet.?

if so, can we expect this unwanted feature withdrawn with either a hotfix or the next update.?

we have given you what you asked for so the ball is now in your court so lets see some action please

DeletedUser15432

Well, I have actually found a quest that uses less clicks than before - if a quest wants you to spend items and you have completed the other sections of the quest, when you accept the quest, it automatically completes whereas before you had to click on the quest to get the game to spend the resources

DeletedUser99588

Well, I have actually found a quest that uses less clicks than before - if a quest wants you to spend items and you have completed the other sections of the quest, when you accept the quest, it automatically completes whereas before you had to click on the quest to get the game to spend the resources

That could be a negative if your not ready to complete the quest. I think most players would have liked a way of picking the repetitive quest they want to do without having to go through each one sequentially. That would have seen a real reduction in clicks and been a far more useful change but still don't know why they have changed the event window graphics. Can't recall anyone complaining about the old style.

DeletedUser2989

@ iiendless

have you gone back to the devs with our feedback yet.?

if so, can we expect this unwanted feature withdrawn with either a hotfix or the next update.?

we have given you what you asked for so the ball is now in your court so lets see some action please

Just to be clear, even though iiendless asked for the feedback to be more specific he can't directly take it to the devs or receive any word from them. That question would be better directed to a CCM/CM, hopefully one of them can come here to let us know what feedback has been sent and if they have been given anything back.

I'm pretty sure I haven't provided feedback, so I'll do that while I'm here.

The descriptions in the tech tree are nice, not much in them that is useful but at least it helps show that there are 2 premium expansions unlocked with each age. So a minor plus there.

The quest window is a bit of a mixed one though. I like the new layout and how the type of quest is now displayed but the text and background part is a problem. The background should be a touch darker and possibly bump the text size up a little, but they need to make sure that when there is a lot of text it can all be read and not cut off. I have to admit the old system was a bit "dated" but it would have been fine to have it in place till a new one was perfect, I couldn't see any rush to improve it. Saying that I haven't done many quests so it's hard to judge just how much difference the new one makes but from early experience it feels better.

Overall a small update so I wasn't expecting much but I think the quest window changes were not done right. It's sad to have seen something changed when it didn't need changing only to need the new system fixed.

DeletedUser15501

My feedback: New quest UI is ugly and I'm not seeing the rewards anymore I get from completing quests for random rewards. Please revert back to the old UI, nothing was wrong with it. Oh and thanks for still not fixing the GB ranking point scaling, that would have been a really useful fix but can't have too many happy players I guess.

DeletedUser6974

Can one of the forum admins give us the proper directions as to how to communicate our comments directly to the Inno game developers so that they actually get the information as to what the players are upset about?

Is there a way or is there not?

Its more than obvious that they do not consider our comments here in the forum.
This apparently is only intended as a way to make players think their suggestions and comments are being considered where in fact this is only a ruse.

How do we send our comments to the Inno developers so they truly understand our frustrations and truly understand why players are disliking their game?
They need to understand this from a marketing point of view that the things they are doing is driving players away from the game not attracting more players.

Please advise how to contact them, e-mail address, snail mail address, telephone number?
Thank you.

DeletedUser16026

There is no direct line for a player to communicate with the devs. The communication goes through the CM team, who pass along the feedback. We have passed along all the comments about the quest UI, for example, from them being too bright and out of sync with the rest of the game, to the fact that some would prefer to see a rollback to the previous version.

Someone mentioned hotfixes --- that would not be done in a case like this, as hotfixes are reserved for when something isn't working and severely harms the gameplay (think of the AI change from the previous update as an example). The feedback being passed along does not necessarily mean that a rollback will be issued --- they've done the change for a reason so they will likely work on changing the aspects which players have said they do not like (brightness, font size, etc.) in which may they can apply their plans for the game with modifications from player feedback. But we cannot say what they plan on doing till they inform us. We have however stressed that everyone is in agreement they would prefer to see other things worked on first, things which have been requested for a long time. As we do with each report.

So if you wish to send comments to the devs, simply provide your feedback here and we'll ensure they're passed on. What we're trying to point out is that we can pass on comments such as you do not like the feature at all, you do not like certain parts of them for one reason or another, or you'd wish they worked on something else instead. We cannot pass on comments that the devs need to be replaced - that's a personal opinion and it is reviewed as well, but it's not feedback to the features themselves.

DeletedUser99445

Communicate
Upset
FORUM
Ruse
Frustrations
Disliking
UNDERSTAND?