• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.55

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I see that once again the developers have proven themselves incapable of fixing anything without breaking something else. This time map focus has been completely screwed up, so that when a city is opened, the view is centered on undeveloped terrain in the north corner, leaving most of the city off screen. Considering that this issue was reported over a year ago, would it finally be time to actually fix it, instead of incorrectly marking the report as if it was?

bilboman

Corporal
The new quest UI is less useful and less readable than the old format. This was an unproductive update. Please put more work into fixing GvG and the Flash player hangs. I hate having to reload the browser so often. Please listen to user feedback.

New UI screen colours are to bright and the contrast makes it harder to read.

Check out beta to see some of the stuff the new UI has broken or disliked that will hopefully be fixed before reaching live servers.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?5101-Feedback-Changelog-1-55
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?5102-1-55-New-Quest-Flow-amp-UI

Can't find the beta thread for it but there is also an issue that you can no longer open the 'get forge point' screen while in a tech payment window. You will have to come out each time and go back in again. Hopefully this will also be resolved before reaching the live server. If I find link will post it here.

I'm sure these issues will be resolved before going live with the update but please discuss on the beta server with the links I have provided.

This looks like you cut & paste some comments from the beta forums. I guess that they didn't resolve the issues before rolling out this update (again).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

This has been addressed by increasing the font size.

Font is still way to small and contrast of the new background is far to bright as reported by a number of players on beta. It really is a strain on the eyes and something I hope the developers will rectify as it is harmful.

You can no longer activate the buy forge point window from within a tech payment window. This has increased the number of clicks required not reduced them. Overall this is once again a poor update and seems to continue to ignore the things that players are asking for and with each update we continually get bugs that were spotted in beta and allowed onto the live servers.

Not very professional!!!

DeletedUser15432

Before this update, you could go direct from the tech that you had dropped forge points into back to the city, this is no longer possible, you now have to exit the tech before you can go back to the city, is this intentional (to increase the number of clicks needed) or a by product of another fix

If it is intentional why was it not mentioned in the update announcement

If it is not intentional, please can it be fixed

DeletedUser16126

Another useless update that screws up what was working OK.
Less readable, Looks childish.
Bigger window, requires bigger mouse-movements... so it slows down!

DeletedUser105740

The new quest display is horrible. The progress bar is especially bad, as the dark green over charcoal does not provide enough contrast to see one's progress. The rest of the display is, however, too bright and the print is too small. Overall, very hard on the eyes and annoying.

DeletedUser101925

At first I thought the new quest UI was looking good (from what I could tell from the pictures).
But now that I see it in action I want it reverted back as soon as possible. Like everyone else aready said the font is too small and the paper print is way too light. It hurts my eyes looking at it.

DeletedUser6974

where is the "less click" feature in the Quests? its still the same as it always was, Abort, then confirm the Abort, ...Abort, then confirm the Abort over and over until you get to the Quest you want to do.
I suggested over a year ago all we need is a pop-up menu for the Quests and just pick the Quest that you want to do, simple fix.

As far as the appearance of the quest UI i have to agree with the other comments.
Too small of font and too bright and the progress bar is too thin.
With the progress in dark green with the black bar showing how much to do yet its very difficult to see where the dark green is ending. What was wrong with the wider bar we had with a lighter green showing the progress?

DeletedUser7719

where is the "less click" feature in the Quests? its still the same as it always was, Abort, then confirm the Abort, ...Abort, then confirm the Abort over and over until you get to the Quest you want to do.
I suggested over a year ago all we need is a pop-up menu for the Quests and just pick the Quest that you want to do, simple fix.
I don't think the "less clicks" were directed at players doing looping quests, just the quests in general. The "less clicks" in that case would be that you do not need to click to finish the quest and have an extra click to accept your reward; now it's once you complete the objective, you can immediately (see the random/hidden reward and) collect your reward. Also, you can immediately pay on any sort of pay quests as well (assuming there are no other objectives) rather than accept the quests, then pay.

Btw, my opinion is pretty much what everyone else has already mentioned here

DeletedUser12400

I'm a bit worried for the current layout as well. It's extremely bright. It's like surfing bright webpages, and hard on the eyes. I've seen many reactions to the layout, and I assume they will adjust a few details. At least that's what I hope :p

DeletedUser11899

I had a look at Elvenar forum and OMG! ..poor ppl LoL
Unreadable :-)

It seems as they like so much the Elvenar appearance, want to apply the same to this game :-)

DeletedUser914

Font is too small to read, but too big to fit. FOE.jpg

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Could you perhaps give more feedback more than just "this is bad". It's easier for the devs to change/adjust something, if they know what the players dislike with the current form.

You forgot the cynical smiley at the end of this sentence :)

The devs never change/adjust anything that players ask for, no matter how detailed the description - see the massive post re GB unbalancing - do they need more details for that? IT'S A JOKE. NOTHING EVER CHANGES!