• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.55

DeletedUser6065

'...Someone mentioned hotfixes --- that would not be done in a case like this, as hotfixes are reserved for when something isn't working and severely harms the gameplay . . . '.

Now, that would be just about everything, wouldn't it.

. . . . mk

DeletedUser103518

That does not contact any developers. You can see which departments are listed there.

true, but guess what will happen if they receive hundreds or thousands emails form disgruntled players directly at the hq?

moreover we know all the developers names(settings - about) and as all the corporations have same structure i'll bet if i send mail to for example nenadbojkovski@innogames.de, nenadbojkovski@innogames.com or nenad.bojkovski@innogames.de, nenadbojkovski@innogames.com (or any other name from the developers team) i get thru for sure

DeletedUser16026

true, but guess what will happen if they receive hundreds or thousands emails form disgruntled players directly at the hq?

They'll tell the CMs to look into it and let them know what it's about. :) Any messages are eventually going to be forwarded to the CMs of the respective markets so it won't be any different than providing the feedback here.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
Someone mentioned hotfixes --- that would not be done in a case like this, as hotfixes are reserved for when something isn't working and severely harms the gameplay (think of the AI change from the previous update as an example).

Oh really?

Have I not already reported two things that are not working with the new UI? Both harm the gameplay, in my case more severely than the AI change did. Since you did not mention having reported them either, let me remind you. In the new UI, quest objectives do not update when the window is already open. This causes me trouble every time I collect production - I have to wait for the production to be added to totals before opening the window, or alternately I have to keep closing and opening it to update the quest objectives. I need to do this repeatedly every day, since I don't want to collect more than I need to complete a random quest. Second, the random reward I get from a quest frequently fails to load, and so I can't see what reward I actually got. In addition to these already reported failures, I can now add a third - when you complete a quest and open the window with the new UI, you frequently get two windows, and if you click the button to close them, you will get an error forcing you to reload. That is THREE things that are not working with the new UI. None of these problems existed with the old UI. Now how about that hotfix?

We cannot pass on comments that the devs need to be replaced - that's a personal opinion and it is reviewed as well, but it's not feedback to the features themselves.

Of course you can, you just won't. Perhaps if you told the developers that an increasing number of players would prefer to see them fired, and that they are commonly described as incompetent or something less savory, maybe it would convince them that their players are not amused.

And don't you dare tell me that calling them incompetent is a matter of personal opinion. That much is an indisputable fact. Actually the developers have committed so many spectacular blunders that it feels charitable to merely label them as incompetent.

DeletedUser98639

Just to add to what Darkstar has said, we compile your comments throughout the week and pass your concerns and wants on to our Lead CM. We do not shy away from telling them that you, the players, want current features fixed and working before moving on to "new and improved" features. It is our job as the Community Management team to pass your wants on. Darkstar, Tracey and I have no qualms with repeating your wants week after week. However, that being said, we are only one piece of the pie and the truth is we want nothing more than to provide you with a response from the devs. We will work hard at getting you these answers, and while we do the best that we can, there is certainly room for improvement between our team and the devs.

DeletedUser99588

Just to add to what Darkstar has said, we compile your comments throughout the week and pass your concerns and wants on to our Lead CM. We do not shy away from telling them that you, the players, want current features fixed and working before moving on to "new and improved" features. It is our job as the Community Management team to pass your wants on. Darkstar, Tracey and I have no qualms with repeating your wants, week after week. However, that being said, we are only one piece of the pie and the truth is we want nothing more than to provide you with a response from the devs. We will work hard at getting you these answers, and while we do the best that we can, there is certainly room for improvement between our team and the devs.

If I was new to the game and I read this it would seem entirely reasonable but when you take it in the context of what actually happens or more to the point what doesn't happen its a complete farce. Take the GB balancing saga which has been going on since before Christmas and you realise it is just words without substance. If it is true that the you send these reports then Innogames are treating you with as much disdain as the rest of us and I wonder why you continue in the role.

DeletedUser98639

If I was new to the game and I read this it would seem entirely reasonable but when you take it in the context of what actually happens or more to the point what doesn't happen its a complete farce. Take the GB balancing saga which has been going on since before Christmas and you realise it is just words without substance. If it is true that the you send these reports then Innogames are treating you with as much disdain as the rest of us and I wonder why you continue in the role.

Maybe it's because Darkstar and I are fairly new here, so we have a small bit of hope that things will change ;)

DeletedUser

I hope that things will change and it is good to see both CCMs actually taking the time to come onto the forum as oppose to just answering tickets through the Ingame Support System. If both of the CCMs do pass on feedback to the developers then hopefully more player feedback will be acted upon.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Someone mentioned hotfixes --- that would not be done in a case like this, as hotfixes are reserved for when something isn't working and severely harms the gameplay...
I always thought that UI that is hard to read is the UI that is not working and severely harms the gameplay. But what do I know, Inno's devs obviously have a different vision on the role of UI in their games.

DeletedUser6974

So if you wish to send comments to the devs, simply provide your feedback here and we'll ensure they're passed on. What we're trying to point out is that we can pass on comments such as you do not like the feature at all, you do not like certain parts of them for one reason or another, or you'd wish they worked on something else instead. We cannot pass on comments that the devs need to be replaced - that's a personal opinion and it is reviewed as well, but it's not feedback to the features themselves.

1. Perhaps it would help if you would point out to the developers that by them making changes that were never asked for or were never discussed such as show me one single post where a player, just one player, asked for obnoxious annoying red swords to be added to the enemy troops in the GvG battles just makes us loose more and more respect for them.
2. Please also point out to them that by them releasing updates that were thoroughly discussed and suggested changes were made on the beta server but obviously ignored also makes us loose more respect for them.
3. Ask them why the beta server is there and why is there a forum for the beta releases and why do they continually ask for our input and feedback when all the suggestions are ignored.
4. Ask them why don't they have one of the developers answer here directly if they cared about their game and their customers. Please see the new thread that was started titled "Forge-DB" with one of the posts starting with "Hello everyone! I am the creator behind ForgeDB and would be happy to answer any questions that you might have in regard to the site."
i am sure everyone here would love to see their introductory line "Hello everyone! I am one of the creators behind Forge of Empires and would be happy to answer any questions that you might have in regard to the site and i will try to explain why we ignore the changes you ask for and we just make other changes that nobody really wanted."

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
1. Perhaps it would help if you would point out to the developers that by them making changes that were never asked for or were never discussed such as show me one single post where a player, just one player, asked for obnoxious annoying red swords to be added to the enemy troops in the GvG battles just makes us loose more and more respect for them.
2. Please also point out to them that by them releasing updates that were thoroughly discussed and suggested changes were made on the beta server but obviously ignored also makes us loose more respect for them.
3. Ask them why the beta server is there and why is there a forum for the beta releases and why do they continually ask for our input and feedback when all the suggestions are ignored.
4. Ask them why don't they have one of the developers answer here directly if they cared about their game and their customers. Please see the new thread that was started titled "Forge-DB" with the introduction line "Hello everyone! I am the creator behind ForgeDB and would be happy to answer any questions that you might have in regard to the site."
i am sure everyone here would love to see their introductory line "Hello everyone! I am one of the creators behind Forge of Empires and would be happy to answer any questions that you might have in regard to the site and i will try to explain why we ignore the changes you ask for and we just make other changes that nobody really wanted."

Just a massive +1 for this!

DeletedUser101925

Can we please have some optimisation updates now?
Like fix the memory leaks and make it so the game takes less memory and stuff like that. Or add more options to eliminate more pointless animations. Just opened the GvG map again, something wich i rarely do nowadays, and it's dreadfully slow. Give me the option to turn those annoying clouds off or the "hopping" animations over icons.

Edit: Why not make it so we can have (sort-of) static pages? Just turn all the animations off.

DeletedUser106949

Dear Devs,
I don't want to whinge too much (although that would mean I would fit right in here) but as someone who plays on both browser and iPad, I would like to bring up a few points that I feel need addressing.
Firstly, the new Quest screens. So? It's a different format. I can't see why the old format required any work but I don't see that it is going to ruin the game.

On the iPad however, the update now provides the worlds most annoying CLICK at EVERY ACTION!
I kinda like playing with some volume so please, please, get rid of this.

Again, on the iPad, when you press on the Quest button, whatever part of the game screen that is directly underneath that button opens...not the quest. When you close the unnecessary screen the quest is underneath. Bug Fix?

Perhaps, as developers, you might want to update the way groups are sorted? Sure there are regular sorts but being placed in a group with players in ages way ahead of you is a little unfair. Believe it or not, being plundered a couple of times a night by armies far, far more advanced than you can build doesn't actually add to the enjoyment of the game.

Messaging is still (coming soon) ...but then so is Christmas. This facility on the iPad would mean much more to game enjoyment than brighter colours etc.

So just a few [hopefully positive] suggestions that might be worth looking at in the next update to enhance the game....from the players perspective.
Thanks,
A Bit Scary