• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.55

DeletedUser

This update looks better, at least we have some new improvements.

DeletedUser99588

New UI screen colours are to bright and the contrast makes it harder to read.

Check out beta to see some of the stuff the new UI has broken or disliked that will hopefully be fixed before reaching live servers.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?5101-Feedback-Changelog-1-55
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?5102-1-55-New-Quest-Flow-amp-UI

Can't find the beta thread for it but there is also an issue that you can no longer open the 'get forge point' screen while in a tech payment window. You will have to come out each time and go back in again. Hopefully this will also be resolved before reaching the live server. If I find link will post it here.

I'm sure these issues will be resolved before going live with the update but please discuss on the beta server with the links I have provided.

DeletedUser105504

I for one am not impressed with the brighter quest ui. IMO it looks horrible and is too bright

DeletedUser

From now on you will click less and see more with our new, improved quest UI. The quests windows became brighter and easier to read. And it's easier to use, as each step takes less clicking now:

1. The statement "each step takes less clicking now" is a lie. The only place where we will need to click less is that we'll have the ability to pay resources (for quests that require this) directly with one click. From the other side, it will be difficult to accept such quest and pay later. Should we expect new wave of complaints because of this improvement?

2. Quests do not take a lot of clicks, with one exception: selection of recurring quest you want to do next. If devs want to reduce number of clicks, why not improve this part?

3. The quest window will, indeed, become brighter, but more difficult to read. This is unanimous opinion of all beta testers.

4. Bright quest window is a foreign body in otherwise light-text-on-dark-background UI. This update doesn't even change the quest abort confirmation window - it remains the same as it is now, and light quest window with dark abort window look horrible. Will the devs spend the next year changing the color scheme for the whole game, or will it stay as it is?

DeletedUser101925

The new quest windows look better imo. But I don't get the "less clicking" part.

The only thing that requires alot of clicking (and patience to do it daily) is skipping the quests
that you don't want to do for easier/faster ones. Why not change that?

Edit: I don't mean changing the quests but rather the way they are selected.
For example give us a list to choose a quest from or idk.. something else beside this rotation system thats currently being used. Because, again, that's where the majority of clicking comes in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

the new quest window looks too bright and is certainly not an improvement

again, an update full of totally unneeded content which will probably cause new bugs / further slow down. if this is what the devs are spending all their time doing then this game is surely dying.?

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Quests do not take a lot of clicks, with one exception: selection of recurring quest you want to do next. If devs want to reduce number of clicks, why not improve this part?

Plus the injured troops issue...

...and I hesitate to mention the GB points fiasco, which is ignored again.

Once again we have a bunch of updates that nobody needs or wants, and the updates we've all been waiting months (or years) for are nowhere in sight.

The devs treat us with utter contempt as usual.

Last edited:

DeletedUser99445

Another poor update and as usual no point in discussing it any further

DeletedUser11930

When do we get an update that fixes map rigging in GvG
IE people still guild hop and use ghost guilds to capture sectors we work hard for with minimal costs and then hand over to their guild before returning in 7 days, this should be addressed and offenders banned

DeletedUser101925

I'm confused about the redirection part of this update and was hoping for clarification.

So from next update on whenever I visit the .net site and try to login it will redirect me to the dutch foe page? Do I have that right? And if so.... why? What if I prefer the english server?
What if I play on both servers and only come on .net when i want to login here, why redirect me? Am I going to be forced to play on the dutch site from now on?

If I got it wrong please tell me so. Because i dont get it. And I dont get why this is needed.

Edit: with .net i mean .EN

DeletedUser16026

The redirection would only apply if you're typing in "forgeofempires.com" in the address bar, since in that instance you're not specifying a language version. If you use "en.forgeofempires.com" then you would not be redirected.

DeletedUser101925

The redirection would only apply if you're typing in "forgeofempires.com" in the address bar, since in that instance you're not specifying a language version. If you use "en.forgeofempires.com" then you would not be redirected.

Any time i don't add "en." to "forgeofempires.com" it already redirects me to the dutch site.
So nothing is changed then?

DeletedUser7719

Any time i don't add "en." to "forgeofempires.com" it already redirects me to the dutch site.
So nothing is changed then?
For you in that case, no. It was that some other browsers or redirects may have lead others to the wrong server.

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
I agree.. Another poor update and as usual no point in discussing it any further ... No GB issue fixed again.. Whats the point ;-(

DeletedUser107234

Activating supply buildings and goods buildings is the part that requires most clicks and make this game boring. I hope they do something about that.

DeletedUser5180

Activating supply buildings and goods buildings is the part that requires most clicks and make this game boring. I hope they do something about that.

I guess you didn't play when coin collections meant individual clicks on each and every house before one click and mouse sweep could collect everything

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I guess you didn't play when coin collections meant individual clicks on each and every house before one click and mouse sweep could collect everything

Ahh that takes me back - the golden age when updates were occasionally useful - we won't see days like those again! Lol

DeletedUser96745

Players are totally ignored by Inno. Another useless update.

What does it take that Inno would listen to their players?