• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.54

DeletedUser98639

Could a member of the CM team please confirm whether the behaviour of rogues has indeed been changed and if so what the changes are and why it was deemed necessary. Also why a significant change was not mentioned in the announcement.

This was not an intended change to the AI. You will notice that it is not only affecting rogues, but other troops as well. The development team is aware of it and changes will be made to revert it back.

DeletedUser101925

My God!!!!!!!!!

First neighborhood bar was screwed up, than they fixed it but they screwed up friends bar, now they fixed friends bar but screwed neighborhood bar again!!!!

Come on people, better don't touch anything!!!

I rarely aid my neighbors so I didn't see it before but it had just happened to me.

So they didn't just fix what wasn't broken but in fact broke it.....again.

DeletedUser99588

This was not an intended change to the AI. You will notice that it is not only affecting rogues, but other troops as well. The development team is aware of it and changes will be made to revert it back.

That's great news. Look forward to it being corrected.

DeletedUser99588

Thanatos, please don't hold your breath or I fear that you will expire before this is reverted back

lol, I'm sure it will be 'fixed' in their own special way in a timely manner. These devs are on the ball and wouldn't let a serious problem with the game mechanics go unresolved for months when they have told us they will fix it ;)

DeletedUser4879

As I play the Elvenar Beta and reading this forum about the latest BUGDATES, I have a suggestion to all members:
Lets start a collection to buy those DEVS a spare computer to try out those Bugdates before letting them loose on
their customers!!! After over 3 years of playing FOE that UPDATE SAGA has not improved a bit! Seems to me all the
good devs have left the building!!!!

DeletedUser99445

CCM's.........will the massive bleedout on the memory be addressed? This is the worst I have ever seen. Its Never been this bad. Is there anything that can be changed my end to stop this constant Closure of Explorer and re start that I am currently having to live with?

DeletedUser16026

CCM's.........will the massive bleedout on the memory be addressed? This is the worst I have ever seen. Its Never been this bad. Is there anything that can be changed my end to stop this constant Closure of Explorer and re start that I am currently having to live with?

We do not have any concrete information such as when precisely it will be addressed, but yes optimization and ironing out of memory management should gradually take place.

There was an improvement with loading animations and graphics for Firefox just a few updates ago, maybe try and see how things work with that browser if you haven't done that recently? In fact I'd encourage everyone to try the game in different browsers (Waterfox, Opera, etc.) as the results (regarding memory usage) may vary drastically depending on the browser+device combination.

I do not think there is a lot you can do on your end to improve memory usage, though maybe if you do not need the game animations and you have them running, try turning them off and see if that makes a good enough change on that front.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
There was an improvement with loading animations and graphics for Firefox just a few updates ago, maybe try and see how things work with that browser if you haven't done that recently?

To paraphrase the book, this is obviously some strange usage of the word improvement that I wasn't previously aware of. Since after that update, animations have not worked at all.

DeletedUser16026

To paraphrase the book, this is obviously some strange usage of the word improvement that I wasn't previously aware of. Since after that update, animations have not worked at all.

They cannot assure that any changes will bring an improvement for everyone, as I mentioned a lot depends on the device itself - sometimes you'll have better results with browser A, sometimes with browser B even if there were improvements for browser A. For myself personally I no longer am experiencing missing graphics and the animations aren't running slow as they used to on Firefox since that update. While I did not receive an increase in memory usage with that same (1.51) game update.

I've seen players switch from Chrome to Firefox since that update and can only assume it's because of that.

DeletedUser99588

They cannot assure that any changes will bring an improvement for everyone, as I mentioned a lot depends on the device itself - sometimes you'll have better results with browser A, sometimes with browser B even if there were improvements for browser A. For myself personally I no longer am experiencing missing graphics and the animations aren't running slow as they used to on Firefox since that update. While I did not receive an increase in memory usage with that same (1.51) game update.

I've seen players switch from Chrome to Firefox since that update and can only assume it's because of that.

Get real!!! I haven't been able to have animations on since Christmas or before due to it crashing. Although my system isn't state of the art it is no slouch either and the little animations in this game shouldn't cause it so many problems.

So stop adding ever more graphics/animations that many can't even view due to the bugs in the game and get on with solving the many problems raised in this forum. We need to be able to play the game without it crashing all the bloomin time!!!!

Why they are fiddling around with rogue behaviour is beyond me when so many other things need attention. Letting those changes 'slip' into the live server just highlights once again the lack of quality control applied to updates.

So stop coming up with lame excuses and get on with fixing the game in a professional manner.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
They cannot assure that any changes will bring an improvement for everyone, as I mentioned a lot depends on the device itself - sometimes you'll have better results with browser A, sometimes with browser B even if there were improvements for browser A.

While I don't expect every change to be an improvement for everyone, I do not find it acceptable when a change results in catastrophic failure for a significant minority. That would be similar to harvesting the organs of a healthy person to improve the life of a dozen others.

By the way, I cannot find any mention of Firefox related changes in the logs. The changes to animations were for DirectX, which is an API framework, not a browser. What this means is that animations may have been improved on computers running Microsoft Windows, but on Macintosh OSX and possibly Linux, which use a different technology, they completely broke down. Changing the browser had no effect.

DeletedUser16026

It does because the various browsers use different frameworks. Firefox for example uses DirectX (at least on Windows, I do not know about Mac and Linux), while other browsers despite being on Windows use different frameworks and would not have those improvements.

That's not an excuse for anyone's work, it's me stating that I personally have had improvements using Firefox and I have had players confirm the same. So while someone may have not noticed any changes on that front, others have.

As to the continued issues popping up, there's no answer for that and that shouldn't be happening. We cannot directly stop this but we can highlight how bad it is and why every effort should be made that it doesn't happen again and that is what we have been doing. No one's pleased when 'changes' like these make it to our servers.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
Actually both Firefox and Chrome use DirectX on Windows with the same wrapper, which translates OpenGL calls to DirectX calls. Opera does not use either by default, but can be configured to use either. On Macintosh they all use OpenGL - obviously, since DirectX is exclusive to Microsoft.

DeletedUser5180

at the end of the day, most small changes seem to end up causing problems.

because this constantly happens, the simple solution is to completely cut out NON-ESSENTIAL changes

no more adding animations, these do not improve gameplay and cause slow down etc (i have NEVER yet read a post here by a player asking for more animations)

stop tinkering with basic mechanics of the game.... (latest being rogue behaviour) all this does is cause annoyance and serves no purpose / benefit.

extend the time scale between beta release and live server release of new game content / bug fixes....this allows more time for beta player feedback and bug fixing to ensure a smooth update when introduced to live servers. DO NOT update live servers with known bugs found on beta simply because there is no time to fix them.........this is inexcusable and very amateurish and probably the one thing most likely to alienate players.

give us back the game we all enjoyed, many now play out of habit or for the social aspect of guild life and not for the enjoyment of the actual game

DeletedUser16126

give us back the game we all enjoyed, many now play out of habit or for the social aspect of guild life and not for the enjoyment of the actual game
I agree with this statement, and you probably know what I mean with it...

(I do like the little indicator showing enemy units within range though)....
Akkers, let me be the second to indicate that that animation indicating the range is a great feature.
... but you need to play manually to see this benefith... LOL!

If this screwed the IA behavior, then it's a pitty.
I can't agree that it should discouraged to make small changes to test out some behavior.
But I must agree that if this behavior is unwanted, that it should have been detected already on the beta server, and shall not have been deployed in the official worlds. This kind of errors indeed pop up too regular now.
If you want to improve something, you have to accept that failures are part of any creative process.
By learning from failures you learn the most! And being scared of making failures is the biggest pitfall in any creative process.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4879

Hi, if any of you playing the Beta Elvenar I have to say whatever "Improvement" those Inno devs
trying here, Elvenar really hit the top!! I suggested for the players there to start a collection to buy
them a spare computer, so they can try out them "Updates" before they hitting their customers with it!
The attitude of Inno is utter disrespect and like to know how many customers leave the game because
of it!!...:(