• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.54

DeletedUser16026

Please use this thread to leave any feedback about the 1.54 update, announced HERE.

logo1.png

Hello Kings and Queens,

The update to 1.54 will take place on Thursday, June 25th. We continued with bugfixes and internal refactoring, so the list of directly visible changes is not particularly long this time.
There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for this little inconvenience. Please see the list of changes below:

Bug Fixes

• Abbreviated numbers for medals in the top HUD could be partially cut off.
  • It was possible to start construction of the same building twice and trigger an internal error.
  • Witch Doctor's "finished production" tooltip was wrong.
  • The "Join a Guild" info screen was always shown after researching architecture, even if the player was already a member.
  • "Jumpy" bottom bar was fixed by disabling buttons while scrolling.
  • Own portrait was not always centered on the bottom bar.
  • Icons of the rewards in the quest "Print Loop" were missing.
  • In rare circumstances a flash error was thrown when opening the guilds window.
  • It was possible to start production of guild power in Bazaar with "Collect all" button, even when not being a member of a guild.

DeletedUser5180

this (to me) is not very clear

does this mean the problem with the social bar resetting while using aid has been fixed.?

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
Does this mean the problem with the social bar resetting while using aid has been fixed?

No. I guess it is supposed to, but as usual with InnoGames, their fix attempt has only made the problem worse, for me anyway.

This fix - I am extending the concept to include the ugly hack they used - does not even attempt to solve the cause of the problem, just to make it occur less often by forcing players to aid slower. However, since this bugdate also includes a failed attempt to have your own portrait centered, the result is the exact opposite. Now, every single time I start to aid on Beta, the social bar scrolls to my own portrait. A problem that used to occur rarely now occurs every day. Par for the course, InnoGames, par for the course.

I have a modest proposal for the developers - if you can't issue an update without making the problems you're trying to solve worse, THEN DON'T ISSUE ANY UPDATES AT ALL. Just jump into a well or something and rid us of your stupidity.

DeletedUser2989

Just a reminder that what players experience in beta may be different to what we experience here when the update occurs. So any of the above mentioned fixes that are not working for players on their beta accounts could end up being dropped from the update (last minute) or corrected so that they do actually work by the time we get the update.

So for now we'll have to leave the issue of what fixes are and aren't working till the update is implemented here. If you do notice on the Beta server that parts of an update aren't working then the Beta forums is the place to bring that up.

DeletedUser104891

Personal Notes

Hello,
Perhaps while your doing updates, you can add somewhere, a personal notes page. This is so we can keep notes to ourselves about different situations. This would be notes that only our eyes can see, not the guild or the neighborhood.
Thank you,
cvwjr

Please use this thread to leave any feedback about the 1.54 update, announced HERE.

logo1.png

Hello Kings and Queens,

The update to 1.54 will take place on Thursday, June 25th. We continued with bugfixes and internal refactoring, so the list of directly visible changes is not particularly long this time.
There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for this little inconvenience. Please see the list of changes below:

Bug Fixes

• It was possible to start construction of the same building twice and trigger an internal error.
  • The "Join a Guild" info screen was always shown after researching architecture, even if the player was already a member.
  • In rare circumstances a flash error was thrown when opening the guilds window.
  • It was possible to start production of guild power in Bazaar with "Collect all" button, even when not being a member of a guild.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106949

logo1.png

Hello Kings and Queens,

Bug Fixes

Just curious about when messaging will be available on iPads?
That would be a great update!
It is difficult to invite players to join your guild when they don't get a message or any notification at all.
Thanks for the game
Scary

DeletedUser914

Just curious about when messaging will be available on iPads?
That would be a great update!
It is difficult to invite players to join your guild when they don't get a message or any notification at all.
Thanks for the game
Scary

It is already difficult to be member of a guild without a kind of communication.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Since the update today the battle toolbar shows the health state of the enemy units even before a shot has been fired (I do like the little indicator showing enemy units within range though)....

update.jpg

DeletedUser99445

Another Update and no the game is bleeding memory and everything slows down. Worse and worse with stupid add ons that just aren't needed. Now we have Red sword indicators in the battle field because we're too stupid to know which units are the enemy and a "next" indicator to show us which troop is going to fight.
DUH, dumb the game down please because its so difficult to play.
Are the Devs trying to make this game attractive to kindergarten children?

DeletedUser99588

I think they are trying to make it more intuitive with these particular changes to encourage more to fight. Although for new game players the fighting may seem a little complicated although it really isn't once you have done a few battles. I don't think this is the main reason for players not to fight. I suspect many don't do it because of the lack of reward for it. Medals can be sourced through other means and if you aren't bothered about your position in the global rankings and neighbourhood the points from fighting are worthless. Even more so these days since they introduced the extreme points reward for GB levelling.

They seem to have dug themselves into a hole and can't find a way out with the balance of the game. The way out probably means backtracking on a number of changes made over the last 12-15 months which seems to be against company policy. Those that fight often, I'm sure given the choice, would have preferred to see a healthy/injured filter and sort implemented for the army management rather than tarting up the visual display of the battlefield.

DeletedUser105544

I've just did few battles to check.
What a waste of time for devs. I remember when I played FoE for the first time, I figured out battle schedule of different kind of units after only few days. This red sword and "current/next" indicator may help new players in those fist few days, but after that it really has no purpose. There should be option to turn it off once when new players get some battle experience.

DeletedUser7719

Since the update today the battle toolbar shows the health state of the enemy units even before a shot has been fired (I do like the little indicator showing enemy units within range though)....
attachment.php
The red is the enemy's HP bar, when you or the enemy damaged, the bar turns to a blue-ish color (like how a unit's HP bar looks on the battlefield)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
It's still wrong then because after a battle has been fought and won the killed enemy units show a red health bar. Following that convention the bar should be blue-ish in colour :)

red.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser99588

Ok, now when I aid it keeps jumping back to my location on the bar. Very annoying and wasn't happening to me prior to the update. Only tested it when aiding someone in my neighbourhood as I have several hours to wait before I can do guild or friends.

DeletedUser101925

I find this "fix" for the polivating issue much more annoying then the issue was before the fix.
Especially since you applied this to guild / neighborhood aiding too even though there were no issues with those two, just the friends list. Fixing things that aren't broken isn't the way to go...

Now it takes even longer to polivate everyone on a daily basis. Good job, Inno!

Ok, now when I aid it keeps jumping back to my location on the bar.

When does this occur? Is it when you aid your neighbors? friends? guild?

DeletedUser99445

Congrats on a terrible update. Now have to wait for the aid button to turn live so it can actually be pressed. Never had this problem before. Now takes much longer to Aid my lists.
Stuck with Beginner guides on battles.
Memory bleed slowing down gameplay.
Its so Frustrating watching these Updates come and generally create new issues without addressing old issues and to make matters more frustrating, we have no where to go where we can make these issues known and subsequently resolved. Instead we have the Farce forum both here and in Beta, where we go and pretend that someone is listening while we know we are being ignored by the game devs.

DeletedUser

what a lousy update, no addressing the huge elephant in the room of the Great Building point system! No fix on the neighborhood scroll bar reset problem, as a matter of fact, you decided to make it worse by having it reset every time. No fixing the problem with the bleed through click problem. What a bunch of bull, stop adding stupid little bells and whistles that just clutter up the game and start fixing the problem from the previous updates. You can start with the GB point system, that should be an easy fix, just change the values, but alas this is taking you guys at least 9 months so far, what a joke.

DeletedUser6065

What the hell will these fools come up with next? I can't aid, without returning to my portrait, once the aid button activates that is, and the battle scene is annoying (to be kind).

Just when I am convinced there is no possible way Peer and his group cannot possibly screw-up this game any further . . . .

. . . . mk

DeletedUser105544

My God!!!!!!!!!

First neighborhood bar was screwed up, than they fixed it but they screwed up friends bar, now they fixed friends bar but screwed neighborhood bar again!!!!

Come on people, better don't touch anything!!!