• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.51

DeletedUser5180

nothing to get excited about BUT also nothing to get upset about either, these updates that don't include anything that has been asked for or promised largely go unnoticed (unless they cause new bugs) so its a case of move on, nothing to see here

DeletedUser99588

This update has now been postponed until Monday 18th.

The above quoted from the 1.51 announcement could be a good sign. It suggests that there are known issues with the update and instead of ploughing on regardless someone has decided to resolve them before implementing.

DeletedUser106933

Please can the developers quote the approximate time along with the date, so we know more precisely when to expect the downtime.

One update I was through a lengthy post for the guild, when it went down and lost the lot.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
InnoGames has done it again. For longer than I care to remember, their policy has apparently been to fix things that are not broken until they are broken, and then leave them that way. This time around someone punched some more holes into the sieve that passes for memory management, with the result that I can no longer have any animations.

I guess I should not be surprised, given how things are run on Beta. I've given up even reporting any issues there, since all but one of my reports were summarily ignored and deleted.

DeletedUser101925

Yeah um.. can someone here, preferably a mod, tell me in wich ways exactly the animations have been improved? For months it's getting worse and worse.

Every time I load my city after a long day, when all productions are done, my pc gets slowed down so much because of all the poor animations. What makes it worse is that I have all animations disabled, yet I still have bouncing coin icons on a daily basis. Shouldn't these be disabled too then? Also GvG map cannot be opened on my laptop without my browser crashing. Reason for this is YOUR ANIMATIONS TAKING UP TOO MUCH MEMORY. Moving clouds, bouncing icons and other unwanted animations.. I love it! (not)

Wished you didn't remove the hardware accelerator option since it worked best for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Wished you didn't remove the hardware accelerator option since it worked best for me.

I have mine turned off via disabling HW acceleration from the Adobe Flash settings menu. Right click within the game screen and choose 'settings'....

hwa.JPG

And as you can see from the system information (obtained via the game settings menu) -
1.51.31246 (18.05.2015 13:14), mrbeef (68523), en6, en_US, WIN 17,0,0,134, Windows 7, Firefox/38.0, 1280x685, Software Hw_disabled=userDisabled (336 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser4571

nothing to get excited about BUT also nothing to get upset about either, these updates that don't include anything that has been asked for or promised largely go unnoticed (unless they cause new bugs) so its a case of move on, nothing to see here

I totally agree with the fact that nothing new or important is changed or fixed. I of course have again new bugs with this update. But I wont bother to report, since I do not expect any fixes. It just adds up to the current bugs such as;
Browser problems, mailsystem, GvG freezes and internal errors, slow map loading when hitting hood. Only a few major bugs mentioned that arent fixed.
We (all of my friends and guildies) get standard replies that its is our settings , browser, hardware etc. so do not bother sending me one of those replies again.
It is a great pity that not one of the major bug issues is being adressed.

DeletedUser99588

I think the new treasure hunt 'tick' is a good compromise if it is working how I think it is now. The 5 min tick has reappeared but I'm guessing will disappear if not collected within the sail to next chest time limit. This will mean those not participating in it will not get the tick and those that do and obviously collect it within the sail on time frame will see it. I think that is how it is working now.

Yesterday I found GvG to be very slow and chat has been getting worse for the past week or so with it dropping out. I have animations off but HW is on. Its not my internet line which clocks in at 37mb download and 17mb upload using internet speed test. Only me using at the time as well so not down to anyone else streaming or using up bandwidth.

DeletedUser101925

I have mine turned off via disabling HW acceleration from the Adobe Flash settings menu. Right click within the game screen and choose 'settings'....

View attachment 8805

And as you can see from the system information (obtained via the game settings menu) -
1.51.31246 (18.05.2015 13:14), mrbeef (68523), en6, en_US, WIN 17,0,0,134, Windows 7, Firefox/38.0, 1280x685, Software Hw_disabled=userDisabled (336 MB VRAM)

I know you mean well but...

flashexample.png

Edit 'explanation'; I have HW-acc enabled however FoE will not enable it.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Ah..I see 'unavailable' written there..leading me to think that your hardware doesn't support it anyway.

DeletedUser16026

Yeah um.. can someone here, preferably a mod, tell me in wich ways exactly the animations have been improved? For months it's getting worse and worse.

When loading the game with DirectX one could get missing buildings, missing building animations, and in general could experience slow loading. The developers have worked on improving loading animations with DirectX so it runs smoother now.

And @thanatos, that should be correct, that is the current intended behavior of the TH checkmark.

DeletedUser99588

When loading the game with DirectX one could get missing buildings, missing building animations, and in general could experience slow loading. The developers have worked on improving loading animations with DirectX so it runs smoother now.

Just switched animations on and can confirm that so far buildings haven't vanished. Early days but previously they would disappear every time I returned from a screen that didn't show my city layout (GvG Map, Research, Rankings etc.)

Edit: Out of Video Memory Error has returned. All though my system isn't state of the art it isn't a dinosaur either. The animations and static graphics really shouldn't use up that much memory.

And @thanatos, that should be correct, that is the current intended behavior of the TH checkmark.

Thanks for the confirmation.

DeletedUser96745

I got one Out of Video Memory Error. But me gots three high end graphics card, each with 4GB of memory. Strange.

Game is really acting up. Also when I want to change attacking armies, first one I click first goes down, then comes back. And it is so slow on GvG map, cant even describe. Hope they will fix something.

DeletedUser105544

Why they call it "1.51" update.

I understood that the proper name would be "graphic issues solving attempt".

"1.51" silly :) It is not the name at all :)