• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.46

DeletedUser14914

The new style of " Harvest Collection Ready " symbol is total RUBBISH , put back the Gold Harp / Garden Gate symbol , it was far easier to spot than the new format , the new format for the harvest ready symbol is just Rubbish , complete , unadulterated , RUBBISH

DeletedUser99588

My apologies mrbeef. It does indeed seem to work that way now but I'm sure I tested it previously before they removed the setting from the game options. Maybe I didn't refresh browser afterwards. It was a while ago so cannot recall.

It does leave me puzzled to the reason why they insisted on removing it from the game settings when it can still be accessed and switched of anyway. Must be a good reason as I'm sure they wouldn't just do it to antagonize their customers.

The new style of " Harvest Collection Ready " symbol is total RUBBISH , put back the Gold Harp / Garden Gate symbol , it was far easier to spot than the new format , the new format for the harvest ready symbol is just Rubbish , complete , unadulterated , RUBBISH

You are one of many Rumblebutt not to be impressed with the quality of the new icons. Especially the ones that don't meet the criteria of making them more visible against the building background. Rest assured you will no doubt see some different animals coming to your city soon as that is what we all need to improve our gaming experience.

Update: Video full message still occurs when software H/A disabled using waterfox.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree that the new icons are slightly cartoon like. Having said that I welcome anything that makes it easier to find completed production, although depending on the background these still can be a bit hard to spot.

What is hard to excuse is the awful time to load a city. First you get all the animated graphics and then slowly the rest of the city fills itself in. Not good.

Same here, did not notice any slow down elsewhere but when I go to the GvG map it gets very laggy, hard to do anything, pop-ups over the territories remain visible for 10 15 sec. moving your cursor from one sector to the other is very hard and you have to be patient to access the contextual menu (View Sector etc...) because the info pop-up remains visible like stated above.

Chrome Version 41.0.2272.76 (64-bit) on an Imac OSX Yosemite 10.10.2

Please send in a ticket so that we can investigate further for you

Update: Video full message still occurs when software H/A disabled using waterfox.

If you can consistently reproduce this then please send in a ticket giving us full details, as this will help us with our investigations.

DeletedUser914

Would you mind not to start "tomorrow era" before these slow down issues are solved?

DeletedUser99588

Would you mind not to start "tomorrow era" before these slow down issues are solved?

I will raise a ticket.

However I would also like to point out I'm not happy with my posts being edited because you do not like my observations. There wasn't anything insulting in them just highlighting the fact that you (Tracey) have been absent from the forum while Starzaan has done much of the work responding to posts. My calling for you and Kimba to step up and start responding to posts now Starzaan is of to pastures new as you put it should not require any censorship.

Also my mentioning that another player has been banned for requesting support for Starzaan's return should also not require censorship.

Your reason for editing: Unnecessary comments. Unnecessary to whom exactly? Please explain what is wrong with the observations I made because I cannot see any reason for censorship as I do not believe the observations broke any rules.

Worrying times ahead of us in this forum if things are going to continue in this vein.

DeletedUser4195

Please send in a ticket so that we can investigate further for you

If you can consistently reproduce this then please send in a ticket giving us full details, as this will help us with our investigations.

Ticket raised

DeletedUser

Some feedback regarding the new icons:

They have checked this thread and taken your feedback on the new icons on board and plan some improvements. At this point I cant give you a timeline on when this will happen.

DeletedUser100270

The new icons I could potentially get used to. The speed (or lack thereof) not. My computer is capable of running current games in Full HD at max settings, yet FoE lags like crazy.

DeletedUser97155

I had absolutely no issues with the previous symbols but twice now I've had to search for ages to find the last remaining one.

It's easier to skim across the city looking for one particular symbol but when it could be one of three it becomes a bit more difficult.

DeletedUser7990

The coins are easy to find, the supplies are harder.

They should be bright green, not grey. Make them a colour people can ACTUALLY see.

DeletedUser8384

new game icons

They should be bright green, not grey. Make them a colour people can ACTUALLY see.

I find these new icons dreadful & they have slowed my browser down some as well, I think they should go back to the old ones . . . no idea why they got to mess with things that aren't playing up . . .

DeletedUser2989

I'd have to agree with this, personally I think all the grey based icons need to be a different color (green/gold anything that doesn't blend with the buildings). Hopefully what they come up with next hits the mark a bit better :)

DeletedUser100121

My first post here. Just came to see if anyone else was experiencing the HORRIBLE load times and lagginess. And they are.

Game is virtually unplayable for me now since this update. All I can do is load my cities, a laborious process, collect my goods and do the bare minimum in terms of Aiding and spending forge points. Everything is clunky and draggy and takes forever :( I haven't even tried to open the continent map and do battles as it will just be impossible.

PLEASE FIX THIS, it was fine before, why tamper with it??!

DeletedUser914

My first post here. Just came to see if anyone else was experiencing the HORRIBLE load times and lagginess. And they are.

Game is virtually unplayable for me now since this update. All I can do is load my cities, a laborious process, collect my goods and do the bare minimum in terms of Aiding and spending forge points. Everything is clunky and draggy and takes forever :( I haven't even tried to open the continent map and do battles as it will just be impossible.

PLEASE FIX THIS, it was fine before, why tamper with it??!

I have good results with unchecking enable hardware thanks to this forum.

DeletedUser7223

@ Anyone using Waterfox (64bit system) ,
After using all known browsers for many years , i found Waterfox the best browser to use for FoE .
There is also an add-on available for the browser , a one click maintenance use NEEDED to play FoE at ease by the name of Clear Console Button .
This is a godsend & a must for FoE.
Enjoy .
http://prntscr.com/6dufno

DeletedUser914

@ Anyone using Waterfox (64bit system) ,
After using all known browsers for many years , i found Waterfox the best browser to use for FoE .
There is also an add-on available for the browser , a one click maintenance use NEEDED to play FoE at ease by the name of Clear Console Button .
This is a godsend & a must for FoE.
Enjoy .
http://prntscr.com/6dufno

Maybe I am wrong, but are add ons allowed?

DeletedUser106505

I don't like the look of the new icons at all they look childish and tacky.
I find the production finished ones really hard to see and the coins just huge and 'in my face'
I don't like it that now I cannot see what has been motivated as before I could with the 'golden gates'.
I really don't like the goods buildings icons and find them hardest to spot of all..I missed a copper finished icon for several hours today..thanks goodness there were no plunderers around.
At least they are still the same as before on the ipad for now, so can go there to collect and actually see what I am collecting.

Please either put them back how they were or modify them in some way..

DeletedUser7223

Maybe I am wrong, but are add ons allowed?

I know bots & similar are banned from FoE , this is just a quick add-on made for waterfox to have quick access to browser settings . No rules broke here . Just trying to help those that have serious probs with lag .
BTW your welcome .

DeletedUser914

What I am wondering: those performance issues, is the root cause because of technical issues, or is it because a cheaper server is used? Not saying that server changed, but if it is welcome to know.

Last edited by a moderator: