• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.46

DeletedUser12153

Please undo this last update game is unplayable it takes minutes to load a city and when it finally loads you get these horrible new icons a 5 year old could have made better ones tbh

DeletedUser4195

I agree that the new icons are slightly cartoon like. Having said that I welcome anything that makes it easier to find completed production, although depending on the background these still can be a bit hard to spot.

What is hard to excuse is the awful time to load a city. First you get all the animated graphics and then slowly the rest of the city fills itself in. Not good.

DeletedUser14704

Rather ugly, not keen on them at all.
But, more worrying is that this update has rolled us back to the bad old days where the city takes ages to draw, the avatars even longer, and the game has slowed to a crawl. every time one changes worlds, or even maps and again have to wait ages as the screen struggles to redraw all objects and scenery. general lag has increased too, and it must be chewing up quite a bit of bandwidth as it also knocked on to the catch-up tv I was watching.
trying to do the rounds of Worlds to keep up with the treasure hunt is a nightmare, especially negotiating the early short searches. Takes longer to load the city than it does for the explorer to finish his search.
Very poor update, should be renamed 'downdate'.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I would suggest clearing out your browser cache and then reloading the game a couple of times. I have an 8 year old little XPS laptop that struggled like hell to play this game (since HA)...but I have disabled that and clear out cache after each new update and it plays quite well..not super fast...but no lags and such or slow city rendering etc.

DeletedUser914

Unbelievable that this passed beta, because everything slowed down alot.

DeletedUser99692

Rather ugly, not keen on them at all.
But, more worrying is that this update has rolled us back to the bad old days where the city takes ages to draw, the avatars even longer, and the game has slowed to a crawl. every time one changes worlds, or even maps and again have to wait ages as the screen struggles to redraw all objects and scenery. general lag has increased too, and it must be chewing up quite a bit of bandwidth as it also knocked on to the catch-up tv I was watching.
trying to do the rounds of Worlds to keep up with the treasure hunt is a nightmare, especially negotiating the early short searches. Takes longer to load the city than it does for the explorer to finish his search.
Very poor update, should be renamed 'downdate'.

I couldn't agree more is this graphics design thing is going to descend into an anything you can do I can do worse competition amongst the designers. The boxes were occasionally hard to spot but supplies and military are now extremely difficult to see. Please Pretty Please can we have the old ones back my flash crashed for the first time in ages today don't tell me that is going to be a feature again.

DeletedUser7719

I would suggest clearing out your browser cache and then reloading the game a couple of times. I have an 8 year old little XPS laptop that struggled like hell to play this game (since HA)...but I have disabled that and clear out cache after each new update and it plays quite well..not super fast...but no lags and such or slow city rendering etc.
Yes, anyone having this problem please trying clearing your cache and tell us if there is any improvement :)

joesoap

Major-General
these new icons are truely dreadful & depending on the building they arent any easier to see than the old ones

DeletedUser102954

5 March 2015 updates

Not sure if I'm in the right place, am in my later years of life and don't want to waste the remaining ones trawling through this complicated web to find the right spot, but today's (05/03/15 in English calendar) updates seem very amateurish: big yellow blobs of coins hovering over what we know are coin producing buildings and does it really have to be so 1980's looking? The supplies buildings are only a little less subtle. If you have a large city the effect is overwhelming and, quite frankly, horrible to look at. This will definitely influence my game-continuity.

Eden7c

Private
Tried that - no difference at all

Same here, did not notice any slow down elsewhere but when I go to the GvG map it gets very laggy, hard to do anything, pop-ups over the territories remain visible for 10 15 sec. moving your cursor from one sector to the other is very hard and you have to be patient to access the contextual menu (View Sector etc...) because the info pop-up remains visible like stated above.

Chrome Version 41.0.2272.76 (64-bit) on an Imac OSX Yosemite 10.10.2

DeletedUser4879

Hi folks, I play the beta called Elvenar and all the problems we had with FOE at it's early stage
reappear there! Like it stops loading at 64%, Buildings in your City freeze etc..
One would think Inno has learned some from all this??? Think to put all this graphic into the game,
plus Hardware excell. (we could turn it off before)and that Flashplayer are a pain in the backside!!
I'm beginning to use the tip to clear ones history cache as a swearword!!! WAKE UP INNO!!!!!!

DeletedUser579

I have posted for sometime about the difficulty in finding Grey crates on grey buildings but seriously all it needed was a colour change to make them findable ( or even just a larger and/or more frequent bounce !)
or even the small border colour changing to Blue or some other lesser used colour.
Totally agree with comments about the graphics being cheap and nasty and annoyingly, just as difficult to spot on some buildings as the old ones.
The game just gets slower and slower with each update and this is no exception. I'm considerering giving up GvG altogether :o/ Get your act together Inno Please !

DeletedUser914

Little bit Super Mario look alike, but the wishing wells show now if coins/supplies or something else is inside. Very useful for me for the questloop.

DeletedUser99211

New icon for supplies is aweful - almost impossible to see on some bilidings

DeletedUser99588

Also time for the developers to stop putting their awful spin on ideas presented here in the forum. A request for collection icons to be more visible is not a request for cartoon icons that look totally out of place in the cities and slow everything to a virtual standstill.

On a passing note the animations cause a video full switching animations off message when I use waterfox. I was testing this side of things for Starzaan and found although chrome is a little slower in loading screens it doesn't seem to suffer from the same error message.

Never used to get that message until a few versions back. Not sure if it coincides with all the extra animations and stuff but the bottom line is waterfox and I presume firefox doesn't like it. Well not on my computers anyway. Tested on two different computers on two different internet lines. Both computers should be more than up to the job of handling the animations in this game.

I've also noticed that my laptop runs a lot hotter. First noticed it around Christmas time but could have been before that as well. I'm wondering if the H/A is running things to hard and its a pain it cannot be manually turned of to test to see if that is the root cause. No one ever explained why we had to lose that option. Apparently the software automatically turns it of if it detects that you do not have the necessary graphics card so the game can obviously work without it.

Why take away our freedom to switch it off !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Try turning HA off. I find things run pretty smoothly. I still have to restart the browser after a lot of AIDing or battles, but I can live with that.

DeletedUser99588

Try turning HA off. I find things run pretty smoothly. I still have to restart the browser after a lot of AIDing or battles, but I can live with that.

I would mrbeef but they took that option away. Maybe your getting confused with the right clicking of the screen and turning the H/A from the settings in that menu. That is different to the developers hardware acceleration which was accessed through the game settings. When we had the ability to turn both of I experimented turning the developers one of and it had no effect on the right click/settings one.

I could be wrong but I don't think they are the same thing. Maybe one of the developers would like to clarify the situation. Don't be shy, come and talk to your customers and explain what is going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I am not confused at all. I have it disabled and my game runs fine...

haoff.JPG

If I go back in and enable the HA using the Flash settings (right click on the game screen and choose 'settings') then this is what happens...

haon.PNG

Last edited: