• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.41

• Thread starter DeletedUser97349
  • Start date

DeletedUser96901

It is now impossible to collect units from military buildings if a player has more than 2000 units in the army pool. It is still possible to get units from quests, even when above the limit. After reaching 2500 units in the pool, it is impossible to get any more units.
so no more units from Alcatraz when someone has reached 2000 :mad:

DeletedUser97349

so no more units from Alcatraz when someone has reached 2000 :mad:

Unfortunately as we have discovered, the alternative is players being unable to load army management or in some cases, unable to load their game at all. Too many units can unfortunately cause this to happen.

DeletedUser96901

so if someone has much more than 2000 (maybe the full 2500) and a quest comes where he has to recruit units he is really screwed

will there a failsafe and the quest (like in events where we must do them) will auto-complete like when we have already researched everything or aquired the complete map
or is he forced to delete many to get below 2000

DeletedUser5180

so it would be pointless having an Alcatraz at a massive level (im thinking of the level 65 mentioned on another thread).

if a player has huge attack and defense boosts and does not lose many troops and was receiving around 50 units a day then they are being unfairly punished for the hard work put in to their Alcatraz, specifically to have an unlimited pool of troops (perhaps a player wants a large stock of every unit of every age / era for gvg purposes) In effect this is a nerf but is not being announced as such. I'm sure there is a way that the Army Management could be made to work with higher numbers of units than mentioned.?

on a positive note the background animations look good :)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I don't care about bunnies and deers in my city..I have been working hard to get my Alcatraz leveled up many levels....

....and ultimately all that work turns out to be for nothing....

DeletedUser96901

I'm sure there is a way that the Army Management could be made to work with higher numbers of units than mentioned.?
simple idea for changing it:
showing (and loading) only 8 fully healed (or 8 with the most health) unattached of each kind (and all attached units)
you would see less than 1000 units
reason is also simple: you can't use more than 8 units

and it would be much much easier to find the attached units ;)

DeletedUser97349

It is not simply army management as I have already stated, ultimately the game itself will not load. It is also puzzling why anyone would feel the need for an ever increasing amount of units which you never intend to use.

DeletedUser96901

so if someone has much more than 2000 (maybe the full 2500) and a quest comes where he has to recruit units he is really screwed

will there a failsafe and the quest (like in events where we must do them) will auto-complete like when we have already researched everything or aquired the complete map
or is he forced to delete many to get below 2000
@ Starzaan
can you please say something to this point

this answer is very important for a few players who already have more than 2000 units

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
It is not simply army management as I have already stated, ultimately the game itself will not load. It is also puzzling why anyone would feel the need for an ever increasing amount of units which you never intend to use.

So why then, does the Alcatraz give an ever increasing amount of units with each level gained?

DeletedUser97349

@ Starzaan
can you please say something to this point

this answer is very important for a few players who already have more than 2000 units

The plan for dealing with these cases I'm afraid I will need to check with the LCM which will be Monday now, but I will respond back when I have the info.

So why then, does the Alcatraz give an ever increasing amount of units with each level gained?

For you to use them, of course :)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
For you to use them, of course :)

Even after daily battles I have a net gain of units each day..so we are still left with my question as to why there will be a unit cap even though Alcatraz could in fact give unlimited units......

DeletedUser5180

It is also puzzling why anyone would feel the need for an ever increasing amount of units which you never intend to use.

off-topic but..........you could say the same for medals, if you have more than enough for every expansion why keep collecting them.?

the fact that Alcatraz itself has no level cap but yet you can't get the bonus from it if you have x amount of troops is totally wrong.

we all know this is going to cause an uproar, i really am starting to think the developers skills as programmers is very limited

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Just another point to note...

It is now impossible to collect units from military buildings if a player has more than 2000 units in the army pool. It is still possible to get units from quests, even when above the limit. After reaching 2500 units in the pool, it is impossible to get any more units.

It all my time playing throughout the ages/eras (I'm at the end of CE) I don't think I have acquired even 100 units from quests.... so why the 500 buffer for such units acquired?

DeletedUser11899

...so the person or persons who decided that Alcatraz would give unattached units forever and the person or persons who decided the GB uncap ...did never think that this problem could happen in the future??
I'm sorry, but for me that's just unbelievable!

No more improvisation, please!

DeletedUser15432

Well, we are here again at those members with well advanced Great Buildings being unfairly penalized, this is a serious matter and needs addressing with the utmust urgency

DeletedUser

Remove the army limit. This pretty much negates the purpose of an Alcatraz.

DeletedUser5180

that would be the sensible solution

BUT

the devs don't know how to make the game work if you have 2500 units.

they are stumbling blindly from one fiasco to another

DeletedUser7719

As Starzaan mentioned, the main reason the devs are doing this is because army management and the game performance will slow. If they could find a fix for this, I would assume they would lift this limit.

In saying this, how fast would you spend 2000 units? (Including the gain from Alcatraz + military buildings). With a level 52 Alcatraz, it would take about 40 days to reach the limit and even spending 64 units a day (eight armies in GvG a day), it would take 2000/(64-50) = a little more than a 142 days to deplete all your units (and if you have at least 3 military buildings + 2 rogue/Champion camps, you would gain as much as you loose (if you collect from military buildings at least 4x a day), so you would never spend all the units).

DeletedUser914

nothing wrong with a cap. 2000 are a lot of armies and you cannot spend them. If you cannot use them in fight, you don't need that many. An army cap is absolutely a great idea to save gameplay.