• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.41

• Thread starter DeletedUser97349
  • Start date

DeletedUser14394

I can't think of any use for that kind of metadata, even for logging purposes. Certainly not on the client side, where there is no logging.

You are still not correct. Your example works with one injured unit yes, but what about two? If you have two injured units in the pool and select one, the other one changes its position, proving that the units are not sorted based on anything. There may be a pattern to how they are shuffled, but there is no apparent logic to it, so it might as well be random.

I dont really make up what you're telling about client side.
All I can understand is - Server side - FOE en server where the source code for the game is running
Client side - UI is interacting with the server to perform any action.

So who needs log on the client side, everything is logged on the server side since the logs on client side is not of any use coz everything is verified with server before any action.

I know it'll change when selecting multiple units, but what I can say is, why should the devs want to introduce a .random() function when everytime a unit is selected. It's not random or a random pattern. It's only an additional burden to the code which have to perform a unnecessary action when everytime selecting a unit. It's simply stick to some alignment, but which is a mystery. Lots of cases will fit for that alignment, unless the devs told us, we dont know it. If it's a random shuffling, then all I could say is it's just dump.

DeletedUser96867

@Rosletyne Sorry didn't gather what you were saying about the same timer. So what you are saying is we would have individual units which are then both linked to one of possibly 1340 separate stacks, an groups of up to 8 units in possibly 8 different stack may be linked to a timer of which there would be likely 1 or more timers for each battle fought.

That certainly wouldn't create any needless complexity in the code.

Anyhow this is a pointless conversation, INNO likely wasn't going to do anything about it when it was a very simple coding issue to fix(stacks of fully healed unattached), they certainly aren't going to tackle the mess this conversation has turned it into.

DeletedUser14394

lol.. Exactly. I was just trying to tell some information on it's not just related to the slow performance due to large no of units in army pool, it's something which we've never thought of. If it's simply related to no of units in army pool, it can easily coded and fixed by limiting the no of units to display in army pool. Please note that the information of "maybe it's due to the slow performance of game when opening army management section with large no of units" is only given as a thought by mods and even the mods too dont know the exact reason on why there's a army cap limit.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
It's not random or a random pattern.

I did not say it would be random, but since there is no apparent logic it might as well be. I meant that it would be pseudorandom, but after thinking about it I don't think that is correct either.

I think that units are stored in memory unsorted, in whatever order the database likes, and they are only sorted client side. As we know they are only sorted by type, not by their health or their attachment status. I think the sorting algorithm they use is unstable, meaning that the relative order of equal values is not preserved. When a unit is removed from the pool and the remainder is sorted again, the order of similar units can change.

DeletedUser653

I seriously think HA is the one thats causing all or most of the major issues in the game ...and i dont understand the reason why the dev's are so persistent in making their customers use it compulsorily even when players are complaining of the game becoming slow because of that ... Dont remember the game having this many issues before the HA was forced on us...by the way Wasn't the HA forced on us saying it will reduce the load on the servers ??

Also there's been an issue of memory leakage too which I believe has to do with the coding...So instead of finding solutions to how to control the memory leakage and making the HA switched off the dev's are opting for the easiest way of putting a cap on everything in the game ... They capped the daily visits by adding the AID feature ...Now they are capping the no. of units in Army management ....What will they do once after capping the units in Army management they find the game's still taking up a lot of memory ?? maybe cap PVP also to only 20-30 fights day per player?? And after that ?? Cap GvG fights per day ??? this way everything in the game has to capped / limited so that the game does not take huge memory and will be playable... what i find really funny is that one end they are saying they are capping the units in Army management due to memory usage, server load etc etc and on the other end they are introducing more animations into the game .... I always thought animations takes up more memory and load on the server ?? Or Am I wrong in my thinking?? and i dont think anybody would have anyways complained for not seeing any of the bunnies or birds in their city...

The dev's should have foreseen these issues even before bringing in all those features ..they should have had a contingency strategy if the game starts to take more memory or overloading the server as it advances ... I am sure anybody would get an idea when its being tested out how it will be as the game advances on a live server with a huge player base ... its not right to penalize your customers / player-base just because the game dev's did not plan / think of these issues beforehand and also do not have any clue or idea to solve the memory leakage / server load issues ...

would it be possible to test FOE with and without HA to prove if this is the issue?

DeletedUser99705

Wow! This is astonishing…yet not at all surprising to me. Leave it to lazy people to come up with a pointless cap system instead of solving the problem. There is a concept the devs need to learn, study, and adopt. It is called the Specificity Rule. The meaning of this phrase is simple; when dealing with a problem, deal with the problem head on instead of implementing “solutions” that do not address the problem.

The cap is pointless if the root problem is not solved. And how are we to know if we are approaching the limit? The game load time and playability issues will only be temporarily masked by a cap. If the memory is becoming overloaded at 2000 or even 2500 troops, then it will certainly be overloaded at 1000 or 1500 as well (even if to a lesser extent).

The stacking of troops makes complete sense because it solves multiple issues at once. Not only will it solve the problem of having too many individually coded units, it also solves the long standing problem of having to search through hundreds of troops looking for the 4-8 attached ones.

It would make the most sense to have a stack of unattached, and a stack for each and every military building. One of my chief complaints with attached troops is that you have no way of knowing which building it is coming from. As was previously mentioned, it is irritating to go into battle and not have a clue as to which ones you are putting in harm’s way. Sometimes you want a mix from each building, other times you want to use up all four from the same building. The stacking system solves this long standing problem as well.

The handling of damaged troops has been laid out fairly well here also. Obviously that may need to be refined and tested to find the most effective way of stacking them.

Let’s say for arguments sake, you had at least one unattached troops from each military building from each age. That would be 57 stacks of unattached troops including Rogues and Champions. Then, assuming you could get 50 military building down in your city (a bit high I know, but just trying to illustrate a point)…that would mean another 50 stacks. Finally, assume a stack for each level of troops in the healing process. Even breaking it down with each individual type of troop by age and damage level…that would be another 513 stacks (57x9) for unattached and 450 (50x9) for attached. This would require a total of 1070 stacks. That is FAR less than the 2000-2500 individually coded troops being implemented now. If someone has a more modest city, with about 5 military buildings, that total drops to 620 stacks.

The solution is right there in front of your faces FoE. Please do not ignore it out of some sense of pride! Take the sound advice being given to you from those of us who play this game every day. There are many compelling reasons to implement a stacking system…and not a single viable reason not to do so.

DeletedUser105061

So... Add this, fix that, but don't change the algorithm, that AID-polivates the small decs ... typical.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser914

nothing wrong with a cap. 2000 are a lot of armies and you cannot spend them. If you cannot use them in fight, you don't need that many. An army cap is absolutely a great idea to save gameplay.

Oops, I have already 2000, and you all are right, this is not fun. I changed my mind :confused:

Drama-Queen

Corporal
o.k. WHERE do I find how many units I currently have?? Killed all my Bronze & Iron unattached; lost 8 attached trying to get CE sector and still cannot replace CE troops I lost or collect from Alcatraz.

DQ

DeletedUser96867

o.k. WHERE do I find how many units I currently have?? Killed all my Bronze & Iron unattached; lost 8 attached trying to get CE sector and still cannot replace CE troops I lost or collect from Alcatraz.
DQ

Start counting. Have fun!

Drama-Queen

Corporal
In a desparation, loading EMA, HMA, LMA troops in and "visiting" my NH, but that's even slower than just deleting1 at the time...

DQ

DeletedUser96867

@DQ You can't, that is the problem. Once again INNO hasn't thought things through.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Oops, I have already 2000, and you all are right, this is not fun. I changed my mind :confused:

ROFL .... have fun ...

WOw!!!! I think most of us have 2000+ units already .....very easily ...Never knew it ... So then its a cap for most of us who play the game regularly... The dev's after targeting decos with the AID feature now maybe want us to also get rid of Alcatraz ...bcoz that huge building's rendered useless now without able to get any units from it ... Are we supposed to kill all the unattached units we already have just so that we get new one's from that GB or are able to recruit new attached one's?? ...This might be the most stupidest thing as yet done in the game till now .... And the funniest thing is they still went ahead after so many requesting not to go ahead with this update ...both on the server-that-cannot-be-named and on this .en server ... SO thats how much importance they give to their customer feedback ...

DeletedUser99588

Once again INNO hasn't thought things through.

I'm not sure they really care otherwise they would actually take the time to consider the feedback for these major changes they are making to the game. Actions speak louder than words and as the developers appear to be mute we only have their actions to judge.

What I have noticed is they lack the ability to think laterally whether it is making changes to the mechanics of the game, general improvements or new features or buildings. It is all very vanilla and not a good sign for the longevity of the game.

Andrew420

Major
I have had Alcatraz in my main city for over a year. Counted my troops this morning .Including the 4 attached troops I have nowhere near 2000 troops. Most of them are rogues. So not all of us have 2000+.
I fight everyday around 60 in my hood for each tower up to M.E. and if the guild s fighting GvG I fight those battles also.
If a player has accumulated 2000+ troops that means they earn more than they use. Unless they don't fight. Then I don't know why anyone who doesn't fight would need 2000+ troops. So it stands to reason they wont run out of troops. If they are donating them to GvG they will use more than they get everyday so you wont reach that 2000 troop cap
My suggestion is quit hoarding them and start using them. Quit treating your unattached units as if they are hard to come by.
Use them to strengthen your guilds sectors.
Or are they saving them up to be a one man guild bent on wiping out 10 sectors of another guild at low goods cost .Then sister guild can take them against minimum defense so not as big a risk to their goods. Or better yet set the defense of new sector all champions so guild mates can get max battle pts .
I am not accusing anyone of ghosting but I have played this game everyday for almost 2 years I know 2000+ troops aren't needed to play at a high level.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
It's irrelevant how many units a player uses or does not use (I personally attack the n'hood daily and do GvG battles and still have a net unit gain each day)....the fact remains that an Alcatraz gives an ever increasing amount of units with each new level gained, yet capping the amount of units a player can have negates the point of continuing to level it up.

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

I am not accusing anyone of ghosting but I have played this game everyday for almost 2 years I know 2000+ troops aren't needed to play at a high level.
oh we shouldn't have so much because we don't use them

so let us cap the medals: 200.000 after the last expansion
you won't need more when the next era comes

and the coin and supplies needs also a cap: 99.999.999
the field for it can't show a bigger number correct
so a cap would be really useful: because if you don't spent coins and supplies: you shouldn't be allowed to collect so much

100 millions+ coins / supplies & 200,000+ medals aren't needed to play at a high level

Then I don't know why anyone who doesn't fight would need 2000+ troops.
do you know a reason why anyone needs more than 100 millions coins / supplies or 200000 medals ??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Actually, I believe all items (coins, supplies, each type of good, etc... except for units now :p) are capped at 2,147,483,647 since flash uses 32 bit integers

DeletedUser96901

Actually, I believe all items (coins, supplies, each type of good, etc... except for units now :p) are capped at 2,147,483,647 since flash uses 32 bit integers
but how can it then be possible that the dude at fr5 has 924,000,000,000 ranking points if all items are capped at your value :eek:

DeletedUser5180

so yet AGAIN, customer feedback has been totally ignored......what a surprise

but hey ho, i have a grey bird flying over all those grey coloured buildings, a grass munching bambi and some rabbits having a circular game of tig in my city, this is a very important part of the gameplay and was time very well spent by the devs coding that, definately far better than wasting time fixing existing problems of their own making