• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.39

• Thread starter DeletedUser97349
  • Start date

DeletedUser15432

This is all well and good, however, when are they going to rectify the fact that goods buildings no longer affect the idle production marker

DeletedUser5180

this sounds like loading times between visiting cities MAY be reduced.?

+1 if that is the case

DeletedUser97349

This is all well and good, however, when are they going to rectify the fact that goods buildings no longer affect the idle production marker

I'm afraid there is as yet no eta for this, but when I know more I will pass on that information.

DeletedUser653

The 2 big things we keep asking for and for one its been over a year now and they are still not on the update:

1) Army Management
2) A reversal of the update that removed the idle production marker from various buildings.

Starzaan - i did see your reply above re point 2 but the madness is that this change was designed by inno but despite many players challenging why it was done no one to date has had the decency to reply why they changed this or suggest a simple reverse of the transport that put in in from the development server.

DeletedUser99588

The increasing memory usage when a city was left open for some time has been fixed.
Cache handling after visiting other cities has been redone. This should reduce the memory consumption even more.

If this actually works then it will be a very good and welcomed update.

Post #6 by HRC does raise a valid point that the developers seem to ignore much requested improvements and the return of certain functionality. If these things are what will improve the enjoyment of your customers why drag you feet or be so stubborn as not to implement them.

I would include the delete defence button to that list although I appreciate that the caveat would have to be that the last defence army couldn't be deleted unless it was the only sector owned on the map.

I do appreciate that they have concentrated on bug/performance issues for an update. Not all updates have to have new features and time does need to be spent on general improvement and bug fixes of current features.

DeletedUser97349

The 2 big things we keep asking for and for one its been over a year now and they are still not on the update:

1) Army Management
2) A reversal of the update that removed the idle production marker from various buildings.

Starzaan - i did see your reply above re point 2 but the madness is that this change was designed by inno but despite many players challenging why it was done no one to date has had the decency to reply why they changed this or suggest a simple reverse of the transport that put in in from the development server.

On the contrary, I posted some time ago to explain why the idle function was removed for goods buildings, please see the bug report here. As for the time it is taking to reinstate this, I believe there are changes to the coding being made which mean that it is not a case of simply removing or reversing anything.

DeletedUser99588

On the contrary, I posted some time ago to explain why the idle function was removed for goods buildings, please see the bug report here.

I don't think many bought into that explanation and don't recall seeing any complaints that necessitated it being changed above other more important issues that the customer base has been screaming for attention.

As for the time it is taking to reinstate this, I believe there are changes to the coding being made which mean that it is not a case of simply removing or reversing anything.

They could return to the original coding until they have had time to make the changes to the code. Original coding still exists I presume? It seems to me there is a never ending list of excuses not to do something that involves admitting that a mistake was made and a return to previous functionality is required.

DeletedUser1081

On the contrary, I posted some time ago to explain why the idle function was removed for goods buildings, please see the bug report here.

Starzaan dear, I know it's not you coming up with this stuff, but the problem is that "we removed something that helped all the players because we never meant to be helpful, and it mysteriously took us 2+ years to notice that we were being inadvertently helpful in this way" sounds too clownish to count as an explanation.

To us, the idle moon including goods buildings was a feature, not a bug. We all liked it. And the mystery is why the company fools around changing stuff no one wants changed and neglects changes everyone is begging for. If you could ask the design/dev team that, we'd all be very interested! Please and thank you kindly

DeletedUser7719

They could return to the original coding until they have had time to make the changes to the code. Original coding still exists I presume? It seems to me there is a never ending list of excuses not to do something that involves admitting that a mistake was made and a return to previous functionality is required.
The original coding could have been causing another bug or cannot be used in order for another feature to function. If the devs already said that they would planning to bring this bug/feature back, I would assume they would of tried what you said first

DeletedUser97349

Whilst I accept that the explanation seems unusual, it was not until the feature was removed that its fan base became evident. It will be reinstated, but unfortunately its not as simple as just winding back the clock I'm afraid.

Andrew420

Major
I don't see a need for this to be reinstated
Until you fine people pointed it out I didn't even notice the half moon in side bar was related to goods building
It doesn't seem to be a big game changer so why even waste the time
The moon still appears over building
What more do you need ?

DeletedUser1081

Whilst I accept that the explanation seems unusual, it was not until the feature was removed that its fan base became evident.

:confused: Okay, that's one way of getting us to list everything we like about the game, lest it all be deemed a bug and eliminated!

What more do you need ?

[enunciating very clearly:] We need the "idle moon" on the sidebar to include goods buildings as it always did in the past.

DeletedUser5180

I don't see a need for this to be reinstated
Until you fine people pointed it out I didn't even notice the half moon in side bar was related to goods building
It doesn't seem to be a big game changer so why even waste the time
The moon still appears over building
What more do you need ?

the moon over the building can be hard to spot due to the greyish colour of many buildings, we need the idle moon back, there was no need to remove it as it was hardly a game improvement doing so

DeletedUser99588

but unfortunately its not as simple as just winding back the clock I'm afraid.

Big sigh. Seems it was easy enough removing the functionality. The big question is why are the developers removing so called bugs that no one appears to have had a problem with when there are soooo many more pressing issues to deal with first.

DeletedUser65431

:confused: Why is it that after continuous updates to improve performance and fix bugs, I experience slower performance and more bugs? :confused:

DeletedUser653

It does seem that a developer comes into work looks at the list of requests from the actual customers, thinks a bit and says
"I know the games ran ok for 2 years without a single player complaining about this, but personally I think instead of doing something requested i will do an 'very important' improvement that no one else in the world has asked or even suggested is needed."
How else can a change like this get done?
How else does thousands of posts asking for troop management get ignored month on month on update on update, year on year (soon).

As far as reversing the update this would have been very simple if it had been done in the weeks before any other updates, it did not affect any tables, its just a icon based on a event so there was no reason not to reverse it out. Its common thing to do for untested/announced changes that are not well received.

We the players really feel that the INNO developers do not listen to us and just do their own thing without considering the customer. I feel bad saying this but i really do think we are not listened to.

DeletedUser

We the players really feel that the INNO developers do not listen to us and just do their own thing without considering the customer. I feel bad saying this but i really do think we are not listened to.
I don't know you but I can't understand why you think your opinion is representative of all players. I'd have absolutely no issue with your post if you said it was how YOU feel, but when you word it as if it is the opinion of all players it loses all credibility. I for one have played a large number of MMO games and feel that Inno is one of the most understanding and proactive in my own experience.

Mistakes happen, things get missed, sometimes things take longer than expected for reasons we are not privy to. No person or company is perfect but compare how many things they get wrong to how many things they get right and the reality becomes quickly apparent.

If you have a suggestion, there are proper channels to make that suggestion. They are under no obligation to implement them, although looking at the forum it seems that the majority of suggestions that have been agreed upon by the community have come to fruition, albeit eventually.

If you find that frustrated rants laced with negativity do not result in the outcome you want, maybe some supporting words of encouragement would be worth a try.

Don't get me wrong, there are things I'd like to see changed, but I don't see any mileage in getting annoyed about it. The suggestions have been made. If they happen they happen, if they don't they don't.