• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.37

DeletedUser96901

so each strike team building gives 4%?

each strike team building gives you 4% attacking bonus when attacking.
no defending bonus when attacking

so if you have 93/93 from your GBs and build 2 strike team center then you will have 101/93

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14664

got it, thanks. guess we will see the top hitters with a lot of those :D

DeletedUser15432

To Pawelp, it is a balance of getting the population, happiness and military buildings balanced to give the correct values, HQ does best in north east corner of cities and gives the best layout for the city size, roads add happiness to a city and are therefore essential in any well managed city, border roads are there for access to the area where more expansions can be placed, GB's are at the edge and therefore the main through fares need to run adjacent to them to give maximum area of 2 lane road connection

I will give you 1 point, should have used bungalows though but did not think about that but it is still a toss up between happiness and military buildings and I always try and get the city to enthusiastic without any polishing needed

Please do no scribble on the actual map

DeletedUser1081

one striketeam gives 4% attack, that are 8 levels and with a few shrines as replacement it takes years before those 4 shrines compensate 1 striketeam.

... But what "shrines" are you talking about? The only shrines I have are shrines of knowledge, and they don't have anything to do with attack bonusses.

DeletedUser96901

... But what "shrines" are you talking about? The only shrines I have are shrines of knowledge, and they don't have anything to do with attack bonusses.
but you can use the FP to increase the attacking bonus of your GB

DeletedUser3157

There are several flaws with this design, and you probably can fit up to 2 if not 3 strike teams extra.

Hey Pawelp, long time no see :P
Checked out the new age stuff in forgestats. Around 35 STCs seems pretty doabe, right :P
Not sure why u'd want that many tho lol.

Btw seeing that town needs about 20 2x2 roads(5% of map), I'd be ok'ish with ~13% roads+wasted as it would mean u managed to cover rest of the map with 8%, what's kinda ok I guess. Meaning 7% improvement ala 112 tiles. Since each STC needs around 1900/1380=1.37 of his 12+3 tile houses for pop and as there is no polish and very weak happiness building, publishing house, every house actually needs 1380*1.4/1030=1.87 publishing houses. Which is 13.5 tile building. So each his STC is actuay 13.5+(1.37*15)+(1.37*1.87*13.5)=68.8 tiles. Take away maybe a tile since i didn't bother to count in road happiness. So regardless off the fact that you could perhaps save about 7 expansions worth of space with different design, I think you could only add about 1.64 STCs on that setup.

DeletedUser

Despite that fact I think the update is too early, considering it's only been in Beta a few weeks, I'm not sure how many times it has to be said (and yes I am being pedantic) but do we really have to continue to suffer poor information about what updates contain. I am sick to the back teeth of half-hearted attempts. It's like, someone sat there and just thought, 'can't be bothered today, it's Friday and need to go home to see me mam'

- Please structure the update so it details WHAT some of the updates actually mean. We do not have Crystal Balls
- What's a canal?
- Please update to include all the details of the new GB's. I mean come on really, you give us a GB with two names that mean absolutely nothing.
- Please update to include detail as to whether GvG is in our out of scope
- What's a strike team?
- What's reactive armour?

- How does "hitting multiple enemies' work, is it a multiple hit with the same value, or a multiple hit where the value is aggregated among them all?

I'm just using these as examples, so not every area is covered, but c'mon Inno, pull you're fingers out of your backside.

Is it too much to ask, for a proper full set of release notes.

You serious?

If you want everything handed on a plate have you considered playing a game such as Sim City? I loved playing that as a kid. Now I play games like this because I like to investigate and discover features as I go along. If you already know everything then there isn't really any point in continuing.

DeletedUser15432

Well update has been released and surprise surprise - no contemporary era on any of the 10 worlds

Can we please have an update as to what is happening with regards to contemporary era

Thank you

DeletedUser

Part of the update has gone ahead, nothing is wrong, CE is on its way but comes after the update, worry not :)

DeletedUser99588

Well update has been released and surprise surprise - no contemporary era on any of the 10 worlds

It's not unusual for updates that contain a lot of changes to be done in stages. I think they test each stage to make sure it has worked and I would imagine Contemporary Era will be the last stage of the update.

DeletedUser

What was the thought process behind the happiness penalty for goods buildings? It's one thing to choose a junkyard over a toy factory based on the happiness bonus/penalty because you're choosing to have the more productive building despite the happiness penalty, but when the goods boosts are random, someone can really get screwed based on what deposits they get.

The person with granite, alabaster, and copper deposits has to build more cultural buildings and boost their happiness than the person with gold, honeycomb, and copper to produce the same amount and distribution of goods through no fault of their own.

DeletedUser7719

What was the thought process behind the happiness penalty for goods buildings? It's one thing to choose a junkyard over a toy factory based on the happiness bonus/penalty because you're choosing to have the more productive building despite the happiness penalty, but when the goods boosts are random, someone can really get screwed based on what deposits they get.

The person with granite, alabaster, and copper deposits has to build more cultural buildings and boost their happiness than the person with gold, honeycomb, and copper to produce the same amount and distribution of goods through no fault of their own.
You also have to note the population is different for each building as well; plus, if you don't get enough PE goods from your GBs, you have to included the space needed for their unrefined goods' buildings

DeletedUser2182

Am I overlooking something or does CE have no roads?

Addition: Also, the thought of a quest by Rinbin asking me to research Daleks terrifies me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You also have to note the population is different for each building as well

Didn't notice that, that does make it better.

plus, if you don't get enough PE goods from your GBs, you have to included the space needed for their unrefined goods' buildings

That one doesn't quite fit. The space needed for unrefined goods buildings is pretty much even, with the Bionics/Asbestos combination being 49 (24+25) spaces, to the Gas/Explosives combination being 50 (30+20) despite the drastic happiness differences. The varying space thing has always been present with goods buildings, the population difference is what offsets the happiness penalty/bonus.

DeletedUser7719

Am I overlooking something or does CE have no roads?
Correct, just like the LMA :)

Addition: Also, the thought of a quest by Rinbin asking me to research Daleks terrifies me.
Exterminate! :p

Didn't notice that, that does make it better.

That one doesn't quite fit. The space needed for unrefined goods buildings is pretty much even, with the Bionics/Asbestos combination being 49 (24+25) spaces, to the Gas/Explosives combination being 50 (30+20) despite the drastic happiness differences. The varying space thing has always been present with goods buildings, the population difference is what offsets the happiness penalty/bonus.
Sorry, didn't actually analyze the buildings before; it worked when comparing the spaces of the ME or PME buildings, so I assume it was a mix of the two here.