• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.37

DeletedUser15526

if im reading this correctly.

if i manage to cram 20 of the right type of barracks into my city i can get extra 80% on my attack boost?

DeletedUser15432

Just how big is an attack helicopter base compared to a strike team base

DeletedUser15526

heli base = 5 x 4 requires 2 lane,
strike centre = 4 x 3 requires single road

DeletedUser11899

Just how big is an attack helicopter base compared to a strike team base

Assault tank factory: 7x4 (two lane required)
Attack helicopter base: 5x4 (two lane required)
Missile site: 3x6 (two lane required)
Air defense factory: 4x5 (two lane required)
Strike team center: 4x3 (normal road, two lane NOT required)

DeletedUser7719

I completely disagree. Even if the new bonuses only apply to fighting, that really is no consolation since GvG is all about fighting. Already advanced players can easily dominate over players in early ages and maps, and this change only makes it worse. I expect to see havoc especially on the Progressive map, where there will be no shortage of goods, and Contemporary players can truly be superior to people in Progressive.
They could already do it before. Using your PE example, I'll show you the differences between a PE, PME, and CE guild:

PE - Medium space in city for PE military and goods buildings. Fighters will have around 30-90% attack bonus when fighting which makes them loose more than two units per battle on average. Alcatraz very low level on average
PME - Large space in city for PE military and goods buildings. Fighters will have around 50-96% attack bonus when fighting which makes them loose one unit per battle on average. Alcatraz high level on average and Atomium are low level on average
CE - Large space in city for PE military and goods buildings (though there will be little PE with many strike team centers). Fighters will have around 70-133% attack bonus when fighting (133% is a weighted 176% attack and 96% defense) which makes them loose half a unit per battle on average. Alcatraz high level on average and Atomium are low/medium level on average.

Sure there is a large increase in attack, but you already loose little per battle before the change, so it isn't very noticeable here imo
I don't like this change at all.
I know this was not directed at me, but note I never stated that I liked the change either ;)

DeletedUser5514

If you want to see most/all the information, you can check out the beta forum/server. I can understand where you're coming from though since any new player will be able to get all the information on the PME at this point while anyone who's about to hit the CE will go in almost blindly unless you have contacts (or experience) from beta

On beta, the Innovation Tower gives forge points and population (6FP and about 15K pop at level 10) while the Lotus Temple gives happiness and coins (I believe the happiness has changed from what is mentioned on the beta server, so I can't give exact values.) Both are 6x6

great buildings
modern era: coins, happiness, happiness (again), goods for the guild
postmodern era: population, coins, FPs
new era: population & FPs, coins, & happiness
nothing really new

tks... another population gb :(

DeletedUser99445

90% A/D from basic levels
10% A/D from lvls above lvl10
60% (x15) D from buildings
20% (x5) A from buldings

120% att / 160% def

Of course get some tanks before building army buildings with bonus...

and...

Let's go ghosting!
This will totally happen.
The GvG map will liquify.

Sounds like Blisssss :)

DeletedUser914

now you have to choose, either Hofs and shrines or population and militairy buildings. The latter does not cost diamonds and sounds a little bit more destructive

DeletedUser

will they be fixing the bug (yes it is a bug) of the missing moon icon for idle goods buildings with the new update?

DeletedUser15501

now you have to choose, either Hofs and shrines or population and militairy buildings. The latter does not cost diamonds and sounds a little bit more destructive

Don't see why you can't have both? Shrines and HoF's don't take up much space so it doesn't really hinder your population and how many military buildings you can have. The choice or trade-off seems to be more between population/military and gold/supplies/goods production. :)

DeletedUser15432

So it looks like there will be a preponderance of strike team bases in CE cities due to the small size and the fact that they give a 4% attack bonus.

I think that this will need some careful planning for the ideal cityscape to get the maximum efficiency for the minimum space used

DeletedUser99445

So it looks like there will be a preponderance of strike team bases in CE cities due to the small size and the fact that they give a 4% attack bonus.

I think that this will need some careful planning for the ideal cityscape to get the maximum efficiency for the minimum space used

:) Hmmmm :)

DeletedUser914

Don't see why you can't have both? Shrines and HoF's don't take up much space so it doesn't really hinder your population and how many military buildings you can have. The choice or trade-off seems to be more between population/military and gold/supplies/goods production. :)

one striketeam gives 4% attack, that are 8 levels and with a few shrines as replacement it takes years before those 4 shrines compensate 1 striketeam.

DeletedUser15432

Well I have given it some thought and this is the best design that I can come up with based upon the current Gb's premium buildings/decorations and size of my largest city

http://www.forgestats.net/map/?m=03114ad24787fa7afed995e4dbb472ce

4 strike centres, 6 attack helicopter bases and 2 assault tank factories with enthusiastic population but no goods buildings

With current stats of buildings this would give 133 attack bonus

DeletedUser15501

one striketeam gives 4% attack, that are 8 levels and with a few shrines as replacement it takes years before those 4 shrines compensate 1 striketeam.

8 levels give 4% attack AND 4% defense, so one striketeam is more comparable with only 4 GB levels. But you have a point, if all you care about is getting the highest attack score possible.

DeletedUser9614

Untitled-6.jpg
There are several flaws with this design, and you probably can fit up to 2 if not 3 strike teams extra.