• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.36

DeletedUser97349

Well if that's the case we are back to them not giving two hoots about feedback given. Do they actually monitor activity in GvG because I can tell you in Brisgard it needs the kiss of life. It will spike for a while with the new map but then die of again. When your customers are telling you there is a problem it's time to listen and not the selective kind we have seen to date. They've made some mistakes with update 1.36 and need to rectify them instead of putting their hands over their ears singing 'la la la I can't hear you'.

Sorry Starzaan but you are the conduit to them because they won't lower themselves to converse directly with us.

It is not a case of not lowering themselves; on the login page where you see the flag icon to choose your server, there are as many forums as there are servers, each with players who would need attention if the developers were to take part in discussions. They simply don't have the time to do that and to do their job; that is why there are community managers. It is often also the game designers rather than the developers who are the ones you would wish to speak to.

The feedback has not gone ignored, however it also may not be acted upon in the way that is expected. Removing the ability to ghost guild is a priority with this feature. Of course whether or not it will remains to be seen, however this is the reason the delete option will not be reinstated; the ability to effectively delete sectors in GvG is now removed.

DeletedUser8813

The feedback has not gone ignored, however it also may not be acted upon in the way that is expected. Removing the ability to ghost guild is a priority with this feature. Of course whether or not it will remains to be seen, however this is the reason the delete option will not be reinstated; the ability to effectively delete sectors in GvG is now removed.

i wish to know how they believe doing this will stop the ghost guilds??..
ghost guild..wants no land..holds no goods in inventory..is only out to fight and destroy other guilds land cheaply..it is as simple as dissolve the guild once the damage is done .all sectors released..start new guild.........this is the same as before no different except we have to start a new guild ..and that costs nothing...so just how does this stop us from ghosting or fix the problem

DeletedUser1081

i wish to know how they believe doing this will stop the ghost guilds??..
ghost guild..wants no land..holds no goods in inventory..is only out to fight and destroy other guilds land cheaply..it is as simple as dissolve the guild once the damage is done .all sectors released..start new guild.........this is the same as before no different except we have to start a new guild ..and that costs nothing...so just how does this stop us from ghosting or fix the problem

+1
Ghost guilds don't need to delete armies - they simply dissolve and reform under a new name. That's what the term 'ghost guild' means - when you try to find the guild that hit you, they're don't exist anymore. So how in the world does eliminating the delete-army function "remove the ability to ghost guild"???

Removing the ability to ghost guild is a priority with this feature. Of course whether or not it will remains to be seen, however this is the reason the delete option will not be reinstated; the ability to effectively delete sectors in GvG is now removed.

You know I adore you Starzaan but that makes no (0) sense at all. And if it's simply what the designer/devs said, it demonstrates that they have neither been playing the game on any of the real servers, nor have they been paying attention to the months of discussions of the assorted issues they left GvG riddled with by unleashing it on us before addressing the problems the beta players were pointing out to them.

If you'd said that removing the delete-army button was aimed at slowing down saboteurs and/or HQ-hopping (whereby permanent guilds quickly move through a new GvG map by serially jettisoning hexes in order to occupy a cozy position far from the landing zone) that would make some sense - but those two issues have nothing (0) to do with ghost guilds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98465

It is not a case of not lowering themselves; on the login page where you see the flag icon to choose your server, there are as many forums as there are servers, each with players who would need attention if the developers were to take part in discussions. They simply don't have the time to do that and to do their job; that is why there are community managers. It is often also the game designers rather than the developers who are the ones you would wish to speak to.

Maybe that's part of the problem. I know in another online game I played for many years (which shall remain nameless), the actual forums where singular, except they where broken into 'realms' and 'region'. so EU and US with each sub header below. Even beta products COULD be discussed without so much censorship.

There is absolutely no need for as many forums as they have, it just goes to show (to me) how mismanaged they are. If everything was centralised, it could work out better. Hell, they may even get some actual constructive, combined, meaningful feedback that they can combine.

Seems to me, there is a wider issue than just the game.

DeletedUser99588

This made me laugh. Shows a complete lack of knowledge to how ghost guilds operate.

DeletedUser97349

Perhaps we are using the term at cross purposes; demolition guilds is more accurate maybe. In any case, the ability to wipe out vast swathes of territory in a short amount of time whilst using very few goods. To achieve that now should be much more difficult. Yes, dissolving the guild may be a work around, we will have to see if this is the case in practice. If so, perhaps further development may be needed.

DeletedUser99445

Perhaps we are using the term at cross purposes; demolition guilds is more accurate maybe. In any case, the ability to wipe out vast swathes of territory in a short amount of time whilst using very few goods. To achieve that now should be much more difficult. Yes, dissolving the guild may be a work around, we will have to see if this is the case in practice. If so, perhaps further development may be needed.

So you openly admit that you wish to slow the game down to a crawl and take any excitement away.
Whilst I don't appreciate your motives, it is at least good to see your motives in plain sight.
So we have a Co Communty Manager looking to bring the GvG to an "All Slow Ahead" pace.

DeletedUser97349

So you openly admit that you wish to slow the game down to a crawl and take any excitement away.
Whilst I don't appreciate your motives, it is at least good to see your motives in plain sight.
So we have a Co Communty Manager looking to bring the GvG to an "All Slow Ahead" pace.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I believe the original vision included making it possible to defend the territory that guilds have spent many goods and units on winning.

Edit: the above is not a direct quote from anyone, but my interpretation

DeletedUser1081

But Starzaan no matter what you call them, the "hit and run" guilds will not be slowed down by this at all. Those guilds dissolve and reform and start all over again. It's not something the designer/developers need to wait and see about - it's what happens. And this is one more in a series of absurdly ineffective responses from the design/development team.

Why did they eliminate the need for a siege army, if they want to slow down hit-and-run guilds? That makes it EASIER to hit and run!

Why did they make it so you can't return to a previous guild for a week, but left open the option to form a new one immediately after dissolving?

Why do they leave initial siege costs ridiculously low and subsequent siege costs impossibly high if they don't want hit-and-run assaults that settled-in guilds can't afford to reply in kind to?

And why don't they TELL us how they imagine GvG being played - and being fun to play - because this combination of issue-ridden "features" is just plain incomprehensible, sorry-making gibberish.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97018

why would GvG be any slower?
it is very slow as it is atm - no movement for ages now; big guilds holding loads of land, while new guilds (except of those ghost, or demolition guilds containing few heavy armed mercenaries) have no possible way of entering the map
at least leave all sectors as landing zones and make it a fun fighting place
but that's just my opinion :p
as for not being able to release HQ - if you're stuck with only 1 sector, well that's just your fault, you should've got stuck somewhere on landing zone or near really unfriendly neighbors so at least your defense armies would weaken and maybe someone would think of you as a nice pray in a week or so... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser99588

if you're stuck with only 1 sector, well that's just your fault, you should've got stuck somewhere on landing zone or near really unfriendly neighbors so at least your defense armies would weaken and maybe someone would think of you as a nice pray in a week or so..

Lol, heaven forbid a guild has ambition and moves away from landing sectors. Do you really think that a guild always has a choice which sectors are taken by another guild? By their nature landing sectors are attacked first by a guild entering the map so even if you have kept hold of one it will be targeted first.

As for ghost/demolition guilds, developers take a moment to assess why they exist. If you can't figure it out then look at the many posts that have appeared since GvG was released on the subject. All your tinkering has done so far is introduce far more problems and haven't solved anything. Have some humility and admit you have got it wrong. Press the rewind button and return some activity to GvG and then look at real solutions to improve it.

DeletedUser99445

We have a new Ghost guild in Dinegu and they are hopeless. at least they are enjoying themselves though so I wish them luck and good hunting.
When I say they are hopeless, please don't think I am belittling their efforts (even though they aren't the most effective of ghosts),
I am just pointing out there Guild Name...they are called hopeless. :) Apt.

DeletedUser97018

Lol, heaven forbid a guild has ambition and moves away from landing sectors. Do you really think that a guild always has a choice which sectors are taken by another guild? By their nature landing sectors are attacked first by a guild entering the map so even if you have kept hold of one it will be targeted first.

i was being sarcastic :p
we have a sector in the mid of the land since many of our players got bored with GvG and one by one started giving up so we lost all surrounding sectors
HQ is with higher boost so it's not such an easy thing to conquer
and since is in the mid of the map, no harm is done to it - we don't even need to change its diapers... i mean def armies
so waiting for the day when someone will think it was left alone long enough (and it's been more then a week!) and attack it :o
then we can move and enter from somewhere else, or at least we would be trying (few of us that still like doing GvG) and would be gaining points....
and if all the land would be a landing zone.... well that might be fun ;)
but seriously, GvG is more a pest then a fun to most players and somehow i don't think that it was the original intention - it got lost somewhere on the way.....

DeletedUser8813

and yes i understand you are only the messenger..this is directed the the senders of the messages.
well this definitely shows a total lack of understanding...dissolving is not a work around ..its not even a minor hiccup...
the only guilds you are stopping or hindering are the established guilds from trying to make a legitimate..if indeed a big guild does land lock them in one spot.. choice of finding a better spot to land .
whether you call it a ghost guild or a demolition guild they both have the same purpose..that is to destroy guilds sectors cheaply so big guilds can move in with out the threat of possibly losing there siege goods..as to destroying large swath at a time..i can land on a 2 deep landing zone wipe out up to 5 or 6 sector at a go..dissolve start again thats anothe 5 or 6 sectors done..thats 10 to 12 sectors gone from a guild..now do you get the drift..because as long as my troops hold out i can do it over and over...and it really doesnt matter if the guild catch me i can generally out pace them and reload the sieges faster than they can kill them...so i still get the job done

DeletedUser99588

The problem with the current feedback system to developers is it is being decided by the CM team who will be biased by their own experiences in the game and their guilds. Quite often these are high ranking players who may not see the problems lower ranking players/guilds face.

I have been amazed at how the delete button being returned has been dismissed completely although many on this post called for it be reinstated. Are Inno unable to admit to making a mistake. Do they lack the humility to do so or is it that the CoM team do not want it returned. We can never know as players because Inno do not engage with us directly.

Shocking really how little credence they give to their customers.

DeletedUser3132

Hi all =)
I was wondering if anyone has the problem of Princess Myciena not giving any quests in CE?
I keep getting all the other kinds of quests and completing them but more new and normal ones appear except none from the Princess
Searched forum but didn't see anyone having this problem

DeletedUser5180

Hi all =)
I was wondering if anyone has the problem of Princess Myciena not giving any quests in CE?
I keep getting all the other kinds of quests and completing them but more new and normal ones appear except none from the Princess
Searched forum but didn't see anyone having this problem

This post would be better in discussion for update 1.37 which included the CE release but I've had no problem with the quest line, most of the princess's early quests have been CE map related, infiltrating sectors, conquering sectors etc.

It sounds like you have the 2 side quests but no main quest line.? If that's the case then send in a support ticket

DeletedUser3132

Thanks for the info and amazingly I have 3 side quests and no main quest line which means the Princess didn't come back into the picture after I moved from PME to CE
Anyway I shall look for the other post. I figure if they already know about it no need to send them too many tickets