• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.36

DeletedUser99588

Replacing of armies on GvG map - it's no longer possible to remove a defending army. Instead they can be replaced with new ones if there is no active siege in the sector.

Once again developers haven't listened to the concerns of players. Although this is not a bad idea as an addition there is a requirement to still have a delete army button as it is the only way to remove your HQ if it is the last sector you have on a map and would like to relocate because you are trapped by much stronger guilds. Having to rely on one of the guilds to take the sector is ridiculous and may not be possible because of the goods costs. This has been brought up on a number of occasions and yet ignored.

Also there are tactical reasons to why you might want to reduce your defence. The game is becoming increasingly monotone with every change made and yet still ignoring the fundamental problems which is quantity of goods required as you progress and a sophisticated rights management system.

-1 for this part of the update.

Yet again a change that solves one issue but creates a new problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Swapping of buildings - reorganize your city easier, even without free space: Simply grab a building and put it on another one. Once you click, the buildings will swap places with each other and you will pick up the other one.

After all these times it was stated "a holding area will not be made, reorganizing your city is part of the challenge" now this? I just tested this on beta and it changes it everything, it removed half the challenge of city organizing! For as nice as it might be, -1, it removed to much of the challenge.

Replacing of armies on GvG map - it's no longer possible to remove a defending army. Instead they can be replaced with new ones if there is no active siege in the sector.

+1 for not needing to give trusted rights so DAs can be updated, -1 for loosing the strategic ability to reduce your defense amount, -1 for removing the ability to remove one's HQ from the map, that takes away so many options!

edit; does this kill ghoster's ability to take a sector and then drop it? does this mean the end of demolition guilds?

DeletedUser15432

I think that the proposed change to army replacement in GvG will actually do a lot to remove the ghost guilds, this was discussed several updates ago and not implemented at the time so a +1 from me on this score, well done Inno

DeletedUser99588

+1 for not needing to give trusted rights so DAs can be updated, -1 for loosing the strategic ability to reduce your defense amount, -1 for removing the ability to remove one's HQ from the map, that takes away so many options!

I agree!!!

edit; does this kill ghoster's ability to take a sector and then drop it? does this mean the end of demolition guilds?

It will slow them down but they can still grant freedom to non HQ sectors to keep their goods costs to a minimum but won't be able to skip across the map quickly. The same thing could have been achieved by not being able to release a sector won until after the reset.

DeletedUser6065

' . . . Further Hardware Acceleration improvements.' How can you 'improve' it? It hasn't worked from the beginning.
. . . . mk

DeletedUser8813

does this kill ghoster's ability to take a sector and then drop it? does this mean the end of demolition guilds?

Nope...start guild do the damage dissolve guild ..start new guild..continue

DeletedUser7719

But it does limit their attack range to at most two spaces off the landing zone (so some improvement, but still needs work)

DeletedUser8813

But it does limit their attack range to at most two spaces off the landing zone (so some improvement, but still needs work)

how does it limit you ..you attack take 2 sectors move hq you can then do every sector around it..which depending on map location could be anything up to 5 or six sectors taken which is no less than we can do now..it just means that the guild then has to be dissolved and you move to the next targeted area with new guild..it hasnt fixed anything .:)

DeletedUser13082

Glad to see some effort being made where GvG is concerned, but, as others have already said, it's a broken fix. The ability to do the damage is still there despite not being able to delete armies. Yes it's better that way but it also causes more issues. It shouldn't have been implemented into the game until the option was created to drop the HQ sector if it was the guilds last remaining sector. Half a job as usual. The siege costs are still putting the game at a stalemate and need to be sorted. All of these half fixes wouldn't even be needed if a fixed goods cost was implemented dependant on the power of the sector (higher power = more goods). It fixes all the issues with GvG and doesn't create any new ones (that I'm aware of). It's really not a hard decision to make.

Anyway, just checking in as I'm not active in game any more. Hopefully GvG will be fixed in future and game will be worth playing again.

+1 for the attempt, -1 cause it's still not going to fix anything.

DeletedUser5180

Glad to see some effort being made where GvG is concerned, but, as others have already said, it's a broken fix. The ability to do the damage is still there despite not being able to delete armies. Yes it's better that way but it also causes more issues. It shouldn't have been implemented into the game until the option was created to drop the HQ sector if it was the guilds last remaining sector. Half a job as usual. The siege costs are still putting the game at a stalemate and need to be sorted. All of these half fixes wouldn't even be needed if a fixed goods cost was implemented dependant on the power of the sector (higher power = more goods). It fixes all the issues with GvG and doesn't create any new ones (that I'm aware of). It's really not a hard decision to make.

Anyway, just checking in as I'm not active in game any more. Hopefully GvG will be fixed in future and game will be worth playing again.

+1 for the attempt, -1 cause it's still not going to fix anything.

i have to agree with death. set fixed goods costs for seiging and the problems with demo and ghost guilds disappears. its so simple and not only is it staring the devs in the face its been repeated here so many times. maybe they don't want to fix it for some reason.?

hardware acceleration just does not do what it says on the tin, and PLEASE stop turning it on. in my settings i have it off because i want it off so i do not want to constantly have to change it and then reboot. you are wasting my time with this.

swapping of buildings......a massive NO from me for this, is this really what the devs are spending their time doing when far more important issues go ignored.? the challenge of city building wiped out in an instant....ludicrous decision

Message centre - Last line of a message that one was typing wasn't displayed after sliding the in-game scrollbar down......at last, this was annoying especially when copy / pasting
+1

overall, i'm disappointed with this update, more negatives that positives IMO

Andrew420

Major
Here we go again everytime Inno tries to improve game the complainers come out in force

Setting fixed siege costs only works in your head and only solves the problem as you see it. Lets face it this is how they want GvG played
Since GvG is one part of game play not the entire game as some players make it out to be. The devs aren't going to spend all their time updating it. They will update it as they see fit.
+1 for the effort
As for hardware acceleration I don't notice the difference when its on or off game plays the same.Must be my computer. I wouldn't have even known about it if it wasnt for complainers constantly whining about it
no vote since it doesn't affect me
Swapping of buildings. Why not ? It is not going to be free for all .You wont be able to move buildings around at will. They will more than likely have to be same size buildings. Unless there is free space next to smaller building .So that should pose a new set of challenges
+1 on that update
As for the bugfixes
I honestly haven't experienced 90% of ones listed But have read about them. Good to see the devs ARE LISTINING
Seems like they concentrate more on the problems that are pointed out in a constructive manner . Not the ones that accuse them of being incompetent morons who couldn't program their way out of wet paper bag
+1 for bugfixes
Thanks again for these updates and all the complaints they bring cant wait for next batch

DeletedUser99588

Here we go again everytime Inno tries to improve game the complainers come out in force

Well Andrew the thread is a request for players feedback on the update. Maybe the developers should consider this feedback instead of blatantly ignoring it as the complaints as you describe them have been raised previously and in fact the developers didn't make the replace army update previously because of that feedback. Well I can only surmise that was the reason as they do not converse with their customers. What has changed since for them to think it is now ok I don't know.

The update does contain some good elements especially the fixing of bugs but the majority of changes made to GvG IMO have had a negative effect and not solved the issues they were aimed at resolving. In fact they seem to introduce additional problems when they have made these so called 'improvement' to GvG.

Removing the delete army button is another one of the so called problem solving changes which introduces other issues that cause harm to the game play. From what I have read players predictions of previous changes have come to pass and you only have to look at how GvG is currently played to see that is true.

Raising alarm bells to the implications of changes should be seen as a positive thing. It means players care about the game and want the best for it and are willing to spend considerable time bringing the issues to the forefront. It is just a shame that more notice is not taken.

I can already see that removing the delete army button and using a replace army one will just change the nature of sabotage but not get rid of it and as others have already stated ghost/demo guilds will still be able to cause considerable damage albeit at a slower rate.

You will see saboteurs replace defence armies with 8 rogues or other weaker line ups so they are easily defeated. There is still the ability to delete 4 sectors per reset which if timed just before and after reset totals 8 sectors being removed. Due to the GvG event log not always showing who performed an action the saboteur could even remain unknown.

This change doesn't really solve anything but does introduce a new problem that the developers have chosen to ignore although they must be fully aware of it.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Wait, wasn't it forbidden to suggest swapping buildings in the ideas section for the whole time? What next, they're going to implement rotatable buildings? Well, holy smokes the challenge is soon about to die. Was this game created for the intent of building a city peacefully, as it was advertised, or are they planning to make it full-on GvG to attract Tribal Wars vets?

DeletedUser7719

how does it limit you ..you attack take 2 sectors move hq you can then do every sector around it..which depending on map location could be anything up to 5 or six sectors taken which is no less than we can do now..it just means that the guild then has to be dissolved and you move to the next targeted area with new guild..it hasnt fixed anything .:)
I'm saying how far they can attack into the map is limited; they cannot HQ hop into the center of the map anymore, but any sector on or at most 2 spaces away from the landing zone is still in danger

DeletedUser99588

I'm saying how far they can attack into the map is limited; they cannot HQ hop into the center of the map anymore, but any sector on or at most 2 spaces away from the landing zone is still in danger

Yes and if it is a ghost guild they will be out of the main guild for 7 days so will just progress through the sectors for a week causing damage and then return. The need to move quickly doesn't matter when you can't return for 7 days.

DeletedUser1081

... and in fact the developers didn't make the replace army update previously because of that feedback.

The last time the outcry was because they intended to remove the "delete army" function without simultaneously introducing a "replace army" function, leaving guilds with no way to reinforce tattered defense until the armies fell off their perches. We were right to protest that notion and they were right to heed the protests. This time it's a different deal, and although you're welcome not to like this either, it's certainly a far better step than that was.

DeletedUser99445

Come on guys, you must be a little happier....things are progressing to stagnation at a medium pace.
Its not too slow that you can't notice and not to fast so you can all cheer at once but it really is on the road to Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
I applaud you all for persuading the developers to send us all to sleep.
Guess the pace of GvG is just something that you guys can't keep up with so feel the need to slow it down.
There are several posts in different threads from payers who talk about keeping records of every battle and goods and coins and fp etc etc. This requires a slow game pace to keep up with. I could never keep those kind of records with the pace I play at.
I can see how GvG is just too exciting for you. It's a shame though that you couldn't find it in your brains to just stay out of GvG and leave it for the players who actually like a bit of pace and fun.
Too many of you in the Forum who shouldn't have a say in GvG. Now go and report me. :)

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I absolutely hate this update. I guess some of the bugfixes are okay, not that I ever noticed most of them. I did notice that goods buildings not being ignored by the Idle icon is supposedly fixed. What the hell? Can anyone think of a reason why goods buildings should be ignored?

I hate the new cursors. Changing its shape based on the action really does not improve its functionality in the slightest, on the contrary the changing shape and focal point is confusing and annoying. We are all used to clicking things with the top left corner of cursors, or sometimes with the center, and suddenly we get one where we are supposed to do it with center of the bottom line? Just another pointless headache.

The claim that Hardware Acceleration would have been improved is a dirty lie. What little hope I saw for the feature in the previous update has been completely squashed. In fact it is now worse than ever, and thoroughly deserves being called Hardware Deceleration.

But the icing on the cake has to be the decision to remove the ability to abandon your HQ in GvG. It will do nothing to stop ghost guilds from doing damage, instead it is going to hurt all those guilds which would like to be more active but can no longer relocate to a better area. I just know this is going to decrease GvG activity even further. Another nail in the coffin.

DeletedUser104843

I have to agree with Rosletyne about the cursors, the new ones may look nice but they do nothing to improve the playability of the game in any way and the Devs should have spent their time working more on real issues.

Hats off to the devs however on their Bug fixing. as usual they have done a fine job sorting out all those little problems. Like most ppl I did not notice most of them but the few i did notice are gone now so happy days :)

The new GvG changes I cant really speak on because like so many ppl I cant play that aspect of the game due to my not being in one of the top guilds. Those of us in smaller guilds can only watch as the top guilds keep everything for themselves and instantly crush anyone who attemps to even give it a try but then have the nerve to complain when they loose one of their dozens of sectors to a Ghost, pathetic. If only this was a suggestions page, I could make so many on this point.