• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.36

DeletedUser2989

I'm posting a reminder here that posts should be discussing the update. Can we please refrain from accusations of what other players want the game to be like as it is not constructive to this thread or the forums! By all means express the ways you think the changes will impact the game but you can leave out references to what others will think of it (they can say that for themselves and may not appreciate having words put in their mouth).

DeletedUser96867

As for hardware acceleration I don't notice the difference when its on or off game plays the same.Must be my computer. I wouldn't have even known about it if it wasnt for complainers constantly whining about it

Yes why should people constantly have to complain about a feature which for some made the game virtually unplayable.

The last time the outcry was because they intended to remove the "delete army" function without simultaneously introducing a "replace army" function, leaving guilds with no way to reinforce tattered defense until the armies fell off their perches. We were right to protest that notion and they were right to heed the protests. This time it's a different deal, and although you're welcome not to like this either, it's certainly a far better step than that was.

And thank goodness we did as the replace army function didn't arrive in the next update as promised but rather about 12 updates later.

So about the update

+1 for the replace army button FINALLY being introduced, but then a -1 for not addressing the issue of granting freedom to the final HQ sector.

-1 for the swap building function as this removes or at least greatly reduces one of the non-military challenges of the game.

-1 for the new cursor icons. They do nothing to improve the game. Sure they look a little fancier but i find them harder to use. Not sure if it's the HA changes or the icon 'improvement' but I've also noticing a lot more lag with the new 'improved' cursor on beta.

+1 for the building an unboosted good building feature. Don't think it really matters for most experienced players, but it'll be very helpful for new players just starting the game.

Think that adds up to a -1. Great work as always.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98465

Yes why should people constantly have to complain about a feature which for some made the game virtually unplayable.
So about the update

-1 for the swap building function as this removes or at least greatly reduces one of the non-military challenges of the game.

-1 for the new cursor icons. They do nothing to improve the game. Sure they look a little fancier but i find them harder to use. Not sure if it's the HA changes or the icon 'improvement' but I've also noticing a lot more lag with the new 'improved' cursor on beta.

+1 for the building an unboosted good building feature. Don't think it really matters for most experienced players, but it'll be very helpful for new players just starting the game.

I guess they won't be able to use the line "it makes the game easier" when people ask for things now. Case of don't practice what you preach.

As far as icons go, I'm sure there are a lot more important things to improve.

I supposed overall a +1 as they are doing something, but I still have a huge issue with the fact that bugfixes are viewed as a positive, when actually they are fixes for problems which where introduced by the use or poor coding in the first place. I'm not saying it's all perfect and devs will always get it right, but c'mon.

It's like congratulating someone and awarding them a "employee of the week" award, for fixing an issue in IT, which they created in the first place.

DeletedUser653

........... but c'mon.

It's like congratulating someone and awarding them a "employee of the week" award, for fixing an issue in IT, which they created in the first place.

Errr, I thought that was how IT companies the world over work. I know I get quoted and charged to get problems fixed which were only introduced by the last fix. Why would INNO be any different? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5180

Updates on the en (any live server) should be introducing new features, which should be bug free and not need fixing with a future update.

Beta server is for testing and then fixing reported bugs which should then be retested before being released live if the dev team are doing their jobs properly.

As Double Decker has said, why congratulate someone for putting right their own mistake when they already knew about that mistake but went ahead with it anyway.?

DeletedUser99588

When we are asked for feedback on an up and coming update does that feedback have any chance of effecting anything or is it a done deal and just a formality to ask players opinions. A bit like when someone asks 'how are you' but isn't really interested in knowing they just want to appear to be polite.

DeletedUser97349

As has been demonstrated with mink's example, or the proposal to permanently switch on HA, these decisions can be reversed or postponed if the feedback is sufficiently negative.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
When we are asked for feedback on an up and coming update does that feedback have any chance of effecting anything?

Pretty much no. In over a year of playing, I have only seen feedback have an effect twice, when the developers tried to force everyone to use the still broken Hardware Deceleration, and when they tried to remove the ability to delete and replace armies in GvG. It should also be noted that these ideas were so spectacularly moronic that no one in their right mind should ever have come up with them. In other words, all constructive criticism has been summarily ignored, and the only times the developers have reacted have been when the entire community has been screaming bloody murder.

DeletedUser99588

spectacularly moronic

Yes that is how I would describe the decision to remove the delete army button in the knowledge it raises other problems. To much fumbling about trying to change things with minimal effort and never achieving the desired result. This is being implemented because they haven't provided a decent rights management system. Instead they hijacked the trusted status which had been used by founders/leaders as a private area in guild forum.

A replace army button has its merits and should be alongside the delete army button although with different rights status to use them. As a separate issue to stop HQ hopping they should have made it so you cannot delete the last defence army in a HQ unless it is the only sector owned by a guild.

I do hope they reconsider and maybe think a little deeper about the changes they make and the knock on effects with the game as to date most of the changes to GvG have caused more issues than they have solved. The only good change I can think of is the reduction in defence buff for sectors Colonial and below as it helped younger guilds have a chance to compete in the lower ages.

DeletedUser4879

After reading the comments about GvG, I know why I don't play GvG!
The game has become boring,maybe we're being told to move on!
The oldies anyhow ( playing since August 12)....
About Hardware Exc.> DON'T turn it on again ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

The benefit of switching buildings is a good addition to the game, however would it not be an idea to be able to store a number of buildings in your inventory while you rearrange to accommodate new era tech and road layouts etc. It would only need an additional icon when you select the building giving you an option store in inventory.

DeletedUser99445

The benefit of switching buildings is a good addition to the game, however would it not be an idea to be able to store a number of buildings in your inventory while you rearrange to accommodate new era tech and road layouts etc. It would only need an additional icon when you select the building giving you an option store in inventory.

Yeah, if we're going to break it....I mean make it better....then lets just make it as easy as possible

DeletedUser5180

can't see this being implemented. First it makes the game far to easy but also would be open to abuse with alcatraz, players could move military barracks into inventory just before collecting from it, leaving just one particular barracks they wish to recieve unattached from

-1 for this suggestion sorry

DeletedUser104623

Sensitive mouse cursors - this is very annoying, cursor is too big (never sure what exactly doing). I suggest make this optional function or change it back.

DeletedUser14664

i dont think i should have gotten this quest so soon

Capture.PNG

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
Actually I don't have much of a problem with the new cursors any more. The sharp arrowhead cursor is very clear and arguably more precise than the hand cursor was. The real problem was the collect cursor, shown third in the announcement, due to its strange and confusing focal point, but thankfully that one was removed completely. My only gripe about the cursors now is the drag cursor, shown fourth in the announcement, where it would be natural for the focal point to be in the center, but instead it is in the top left corner. This is a very minor issue however.

DeletedUser97349

Thank you for reporting the issue with the quest, we are currently requesting clarification :cool:

Sp32

Master Corporal
Here we go again everytime Inno tries to improve game the complainers come out in force

That's the way it seems to me, so much negativity, I love the new updates, should've been able to move your city around however you liked since the start of the game I think, I have my city ordered in a way I think is best for space/path/production costs and it took a little thought but I don't think it was ludicrous by all means, I think it was an unneeded obstacle that I didn't mind hurdling lol. I also think the new loading shield sign (appears for half a second) looks like an improvement to the reloady circle symbol that I'm so used to seeing on youtube.

Hardware acceleration has always worked better for me than without it, maybe it's highly dependent on the computer as I have a very good computer and I can tell the game slows down without it.

I also love how they're thinking of unique ways to stop ghosting, brilliant, about time, happy they are thinking about these measures.

I agree, I always liked the idea of black space where you can lay things into that become completely idle and don't work, then move them in and they start working again, obviously staying at the same times/rates you left it when placed into the black space.

Last edited:

DeletedUser97018

"Idle icon didn't ignore goods building"

i really dislike this part of the update
it shouldn't ignore it!
it is a reminder that there are some buildings that are not producing - including goods buildings!
so now what? we'll lose idle icon for military with next update?
:mad:
give it back!