• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update 1.201 Feedback

RegV

Corporal
Inno moved the goal posts into a more appropriate location.
Now, if only someone from Inno would admit to the same. And explain why the new location is "appropriate".

In general, moving the goal posts after the rules are established and the game is well underway is not considered fair play.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
i respect your oppinion, and have no intention to argue, but take a look at the whole picture.
I do look at the whole picture - which also includes looking at intent. As in, it was not Inno's intent to create an exploit, also not Inno's intent to make said exploit well known and invite others to participate in such an exploit. No game developer whatsoever purposely makes it possible to make something unlimited - so they finally put a limit in. What's next? If there are other areas of the game that are basically being exploited to create lopsided play, then what is next is quite possibly a change to right whats wrong. Personally, I would like to see a major change insofar as Diamonds ONLY being usable on the world that generates them, rather than account-bound (with exception of diamonds purchased and possibly diamonds won via questing) - but the diamonds being created via farming is something that I would like to see addressed and better managed. And if it kills off many of the diamond farms - so much the better.

r21r

Major-General
I do look at the whole picture - which also includes looking at intent. As in, it was not Inno's intent to create an exploit, also not Inno's intent to make said exploit well known and invite others to participate in such an exploit. No game developer whatsoever purposely makes it possible to make something unlimited - so they finally put a limit in. What's next? If there are other areas of the game that are basically being exploited to create lopsided play, then what is next is quite possibly a change to right whats wrong. Personally, I would like to see a major change insofar as Diamonds ONLY being usable on the world that generates them, rather than account-bound (with exception of diamonds purchased and possibly diamonds won via questing) - but the diamonds being created via farming is something that I would like to see addressed and better managed. And if it kills off many of the diamond farms - so much the better.
yes, here is where beta goes.

you have 10 proffesional players testing it, finding weaknesses , then bringing it out.

as for the diamonds, they won't change it imo as it helps them sell diamonds due to competition spenders vs farmers.
(who would create city in a new world if not diamond farms lol)

i have 3-4 diamond worlds where i do GE aswell, and i would also consider it not fair play even if i have not 1.500 wishing wells..

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Now, if only someone from Inno would admit to the same. And explain why the new location is "appropriate".

In general, moving the goal posts after the rules are established and the game is well underway is not considered fair play.
And each new GB or Event Building potentially 'changes' the game as well. Such as that Flying Island - how many people are finished with Settlements and never want to see them again? As visually appealing as the Island is, unless a player is willing to re-open a settlement, or work on new/future Settlements, does the FI considered fair play for those who want to continue playing the main game, and not this particular side game?
The only rules established, from where you are coming from - are those players who discovered the limitless value to the RQs/CF combo - and those same players now (most, not all) are acting all self righteous that it is their 'right' to continue that kind play. Inno should have addressed this issue a long time ago, and for whatever reason did not - and at this point in time, are still not coming out to explain any of their reasoning. Good or bad, it is their decision, although long overdue.

Knight of ICE

inno removed the goal posts, how that makes any kind of sense in the 1st place ?

Inno did not remove the goal posts. You can still score. They kill the stadion lights, so at some time you can no longer see the goal posts.

r21r

Major-General
Inno did not remove the goal posts. You can still score. They kill the stadion lights, so at some time you can no longer see the goal posts.
maybe the example wasn't 100% accurate (my english ain't A+)

after the change i came to Modern Era, with a 94lvl Chateau.
it costs me around 15million coins to spam UBQ's till the end, and my city produces ~5m (with an 18lvl SMB)
i would for sure spend 1 day only doing Forge Point Quests to regain coins, and maybe within 6months~1year i would maybe be able to bring it even.
maybe in 1-2 years i could make it "infinite" but i doubt it could be in other eras than CE/TE, 100~110lvl is where i would go with Chateau but now Blue Galaxy seems like a better option for me, combined with SMB it might cover the costs.

the whole strategy changed because of the limit, that said without doing hard maths, assuming that CF costs ~2.000 per level after 90, going after a 400% boost with SMB combined with BG seem cheaper to me.

with 4.000 aborts limit for example, from 15m coins cost, i'd go to ~30m and that could have different effect as for the path, but BG wasn't in my plan, now it is, with another limit, things might be different..

In HMA/EMA i could be doing 2.000 aborts by using UBQ's forever in coins/supplies means, even with a lot lower Chateau, adding FP/Gather coins/supplies quests to that, in ME it's different, can't build/delete barracks for coins, costs raise insanly in coins means..

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
maybe the example wasn't 100% accurate (my english ain't A+)

after the change i came to Modern Era, with a 94lvl Chateau.
it costs me around 15million coins to spam UBQ's till the end, and my city produces ~5m (with an 18lvl SMB)
i would for sure spend 1 day only doing Forge Point Quests to regain coins, and maybe within 6months~1year i would maybe be able to bring it even.
maybe in 1-2 years i could make it "infinite" but i doubt it could be in other eras than CE/TE, 100~110lvl is where i would go with Chateau but now Blue Galaxy seems like a better option for me, combined with SMB it might cover the costs.

the whole strategy changed because of the limit, that said without doing hard maths, assuming that CF costs ~2.000 per level after 90, going after a 400% boost with SMB combined with BG seem cheaper to me.

with 4.000 aborts limit for example, from 15m coins cost, i'd go to ~30m and that could have different effect as for the path, but BG wasn't in my plan, now it is, with another limit, things might be different..

In HMA/EMA i could be doing 2.000 aborts by using UBQ's forever in coins/supplies means, even with a lot lower Chateau, adding FP/Gather coins/supplies quests to that, in ME it's different, can't build/delete barracks for coins, costs raise insanly in coins means..

Speaking of BG, I wonder if they nerf that as well because of chain buildings. its more effective then ever but could be "this was un-intended" knowing how Inno works these days with nerfing years old things, but at least that means we could plan around it for over six years and it'll only be nerfed then

r21r

Major-General
Speaking of BG, I wonder if they nerf that as well because of chain buildings. its more effective then ever but could be "this was un-intended" knowing how Inno works these days with nerfing years old things, but at least that means we could plan around it for over six years and it'll only be nerfed then
i have a player in my guild with ~5 Vineyards plus 10-15 tracks on each.
with his BG he makes 1.000 FP's a day, he is in Modern with me, i assume he has more tacks in his inventory for once he moves up and gets more space.
why i am telling this and how i relate them with CF.
supposing that many of the CF owners who have their Chateaus at insane levels , have invested time or diamonds(money) for the prints the early days, just like my example with Blue Galaxy(the vineyard tracks).
So, most likely, in 5years, for the shake of something else, it will get changed.
As for yesterday, one was able to have some hundreds, maybe 1-2k FP's from Quests, another 1-1.5k from his city, adding 1-2k from battlegrounds and ofc, if he was selling goods, he could even reach 10.000 FP's within a day as income.
Do i agree with that .. ? well, i don't , would be more interesting though if there was a path focusing 1 of all, making the rest lest efficient, more strategic imo.
and ofc, to all those i didn't added an 130+ arc, which is the greatest FP producer atm (needs clicking just like old CF though)
still i find it poor decision to limit quests but let all the rest infinite, i'll dare to say it's "the middle ages" of gaming.
a hybrid model, a well thought one, with restrictions for combos and bonuses for focused strategies would make me see it as a better one, but thats just me i suppose.

Flying Island - how many people are finished with Settlements and never want to see them again? As visually appealing as the Island is, unless a player is willing to re-open a settlement, or work on new/future Settlements,

They have made the blueprints and goods to build FI out of reach of newer players.
If INNO want to make all settlements more popular to many more new players they should give the stats and benefits of FI (flying island) to a bronze aged GB like ToB (Tower of Babel)
In this way, they could increase the rewards & fun for all players .

Last edited:
They have made the blueprints and goods to build FI out of reach of newer players.
If INNO want to make all settlements more popular to many more new players they should give the stats and benefits of FI (flying island) to a bronze aged GB like ToB (Tower of Babel)
You could say that for all higher era GB's.
Arc is from Future. Blue Galaxy is OF, Himeji and Terracotta Army are VF, Space Carrier is SAAB.
Yet, many lower era players manage to get all those high era GB's, because they are some of the best and most wanted GB's in the game.
Those high era GB's (including Flying Island) are not "out of reach" for new players. But you'll need a lot of help from generous friends and guild mates to get them, of course.
However, more generally, why should new players have the same options and benefits as players who have played for years?

Last edited:

punita

Corporal
Giving a settlement building for bronze age when cultural settlements are not event unlocked will be stupid, wont it?

However, more generally, why should new players have the same options and benefits as players who have played for years?
Rewarding settlements shouldn't just be for long-term players. Shouldn't be necessary to have friends help, sometimes players give up instead of asking.
Giving a settlement building for bronze age when cultural settlements are not event unlocked will be stupid, wont it?
Good point, why have a GB at all for settlements; they are boring right now and need to be made more playable.