• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update 1.201 Feedback

Knight of ICE

Incorrect, inno has decided to limit the quests to stop players who cheat and use bots/macros to do many thosands of RQ's, in doing this they hae caught out some who actually play fairly and rotate the RQ's. remember if doing 1 quest per rotation of RQ's thats only 166 quests they are doing and thats not excessive and many in the game used to do that and more.

Incorrect. Inno has decided to limit the quests. They never mentioned cheating as you now insinuate. If they did, show us where you get that info.

Knight of ICE

Alas you have an advantage over the normal forum user by hiding behind that Mods title. It would be much much fairer if you posted your posts "as a player" without the mods title and when posting as a mod include the mod title. Might lead to much more interesting debates.

I would if I could.

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Incorrect. Inno has decided to limit the quests. They never mentioned cheating as you now insinuate. If they did, show us where you get that info.
INNO posted this
Dear Kings and Queens,

We would like to clarify a misconception that has arisen regarding the slowdown that occurs during reoccurring quests. Please be aware, that this is a technical issue and not something that was ever part of our design.

To provide some context, for transparency purposes, we have been collecting feedback on quest abort exploits, and trying to figure out a way to tackle this. This week, we moved forward with an update that sets a limit on Quest Aborts to prevent this exploit, and the impact it has on our servers.

Unfortunately, as a byproduct, there was a technical issue that caused a slowdown during reoccurring quests. Due to unexpected circumstances, this then led to many players believing this was an intended feature.

Again, we would like to express this was not intended. The aim of this improvement was to impose a limit on exploits, not affect the everyday activities of players trying to enjoy the game. Therefore, it is very much a regrettable outcome and one that we are working on fixing immediately.

Thank you for your understanding on this matter, and our sincerest apologies for the confusion and frustration that this event has caused.

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team.

So they were doing something to limit the RQ and by mistake introduced the delay and despite many claims it was not about RQ. they finally admitted it was to do with "setting a limit" on quest aborts to prevent exploit of the RQ based on feedback on RQ. The only real feed back on RQ's have been the players complaining about players doing many thousands of the fights RQ and then aborting the 2nd part of the RQ. So add 2 and 2 we get 4. Players here are not stupied ice, please stop treating us as such amd stop flaming the forum please.

Knight of ICE

INNO posted this
Dear Kings and Queens,

We would like to clarify a misconception that has arisen regarding the slowdown that occurs during reoccurring quests. Please be aware, that this is a technical issue and not something that was ever part of our design.

To provide some context, for transparency purposes, we have been collecting feedback on quest abort exploits, and trying to figure out a way to tackle this. This week, we moved forward with an update that sets a limit on Quest Aborts to prevent this exploit, and the impact it has on our servers.

Unfortunately, as a byproduct, there was a technical issue that caused a slowdown during reoccurring quests. Due to unexpected circumstances, this then led to many players believing this was an intended feature.

Again, we would like to express this was not intended. The aim of this improvement was to impose a limit on exploits, not affect the everyday activities of players trying to enjoy the game. Therefore, it is very much a regrettable outcome and one that we are working on fixing immediately.

Thank you for your understanding on this matter, and our sincerest apologies for the confusion and frustration that this event has caused.

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team.

So they were doing something to limit the RQ and by mistake introduced the delay and despite many claims it was not about RQ. they finally admitted it was to do with "setting a limit" on quest aborts to prevent exploit of the RQ based on feedback on RQ. The only real feed back on RQ's have been the players complaining about players doing many thousands of the fights RQ and then aborting the 2nd part of the RQ. So add 2 and 2 we get 4. Players here are not stupied ice, please stop treating us as such amd stop flaming the forum please.

They limit the RQ's. Where do they mention they do so because of cheating or bots? All they do say is they consider it to be an exploit. That means doing it manual as wel.

Players have made this about bots. You as well. Inno never mentioned that as the reason.

vfrmark

Master Corporal
happy to explain for you
They said " we have been collecting feedback on quest abort exploits, and trying to figure out a way to tackle this. "
The only feed back over RQ has been players compaining about other players doing 6000 fights in a day and pointing out the only way to do this is via macros or bots and the RQ's and that doing this was against FOE rules and why was FOE not doing something about it. Foe did and caused the delay, then after canceling that change due to feedback they inserted the RQ limit.

r21r

Major-General
inno said " ... and the impact it has on our servers "
will be a guess anything we say, the good part of that announcement is that they said "... and trying to figure out a way to tackle this ".
hopefully (for us, the CF owners) they will find a better solution on the way.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
The only feed back over RQ has been players compaining about other players doing 6000 fights in a day and pointing out the only way to do this is via macros or bots and the RQ's and that doing this was against FOE rules and why was FOE not doing something about it. Foe did and caused the delay, then after canceling that change due to feedback they inserted the RQ limit.
Wow - are you ever full of yourself. Acting as if you know what Inno is doing, acting as if you know what feedback has been give, acting as if you are the one that knows what is happening. The only thing you know, is you are one spoiled wanna be elitist. You know diddly - you know nothing except what you have decided are facts from your own empty mind. Stop acting like such a spoiled kid. No wonder nobody can take you seriously, as you are nothing but a bunch of wasted air. Grow up. If you are going to leave because of this minor change to RQ's - then leave already.
There are issues, certainly - but you have ZERO idea of what is happening or what is going on. You know nothing of what players are doing, other than a very small handful. Being a very vocal minority does not make any of your wannabe facts correct at all - only makes you a wannabe.

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Inno posted this in connection to the delay
This week, we moved forward with an update that sets a limit on Quest Aborts to prevent this exploit, and the impact it has on our servers.
Inno also said
To provide some context, for transparency purposes, we have been collecting feedback on quest abort exploits, and trying to figure out a way to tackle this.
Since the only feedback from many players regarding RQ was about players using bots or macros to repeat the fight quest its pretty easy to understand that this limiting of RQ is the solution they talk about.

At what stage did i ever say i was about to leave over this? I think you made that up along with the rest of that rubbish, considering you only have 4k in fights in EN2 your a noob with a big voice and would do well to read the forum and my posts before making things up.

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
FWIW I quit the game in response to recent decisions by Inno especially those related to quests including the “accidental” delay. Even though that was reversed before I quit, I don’t believe them when they say oops it’s a mistake, and subsequent decisions have just confirmed to me that I made the right choice to step away from the game.

It has become abundantly clear that my vision for the game is so different to that of the developers that we are better going our separate ways, and even more clear that the developers are out of step with the players and not listening in a meaningful way.

The thread about quality of live improvements was briefly intriguing but in the end seemingly as pointless as contributing to the forum idea channel. Time will tell but I can’t see anything much being said by the community being listened to.

I was a founder in a large successful guild, active daily in game and forum - so anyone looking for evidence that these decisions are costing players can include me as a solid +1.

PS Best wishes to all my friends in Thor’s Hammer and to the many great people who spend time in these forums to help new players, build a community and care enough to spend the time and effort to push for a better game - good luck to you all.

Knight of ICE

Just an assumption. You are making factual statements about things you do not and can not know.

The delay was a technical issue. Not something done on purpose. They did not change it due to feedback. They just fixed the issue.

Knight of ICE

They say...

Yes they say.

Funny how players keep demanding explanations from Inno and when they get one they question it.

Now who am I to believe? Inno, or a player that keeps insisting that Inno deleted his previous forum account ( all his own doing ) and that makes up his own facts to support his theory?

Rumor that the delay was intentional was started by a German mod that is not even a CM. Was taken over by a newly appointed beta CM and in the end contradicted by a statement from Inno HQ. I prefer to believe that statement.

r21r

Major-General
i hope, that what we are trying to say here, is not that if 1 day i could do 4.000 fights on battlegrounds this means i can do it everyday on manual.
same goes for RQ's, as a player for sure i can't know and i can't say both examples are relevant on the technical part "impact on servers" and for sure if they said so, then so it must be.
but as player i can be sure what are my limits, and can have an educated guess on what other players can output as daily on RQs, and i do not think that 5-10-100 players can create such a big technical issue, and thats where non-manual senarios make sense to me.
as i said already 5? times in the thread, i do not like the change, i cannot give light on programming issues but i know what is the difference of an average player, a "no-lifer"/competetive player and the rest things in game means.
i still hope and believe that we can have better solutions on this issue, and since i have been reading a couple forge of empires forums these days (including this one) i also believe that inno team did their part to let the issue be discussed under no "modification" and feedback is more conclusive and is being passed to the devs.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Have the people here who defend bad game decisions never experienced a game actually dying? I have many times over the years, and seen the same thing on repeat. Everyone saying "Oh you quitting doesn't matter" or "the game won't die" only for it to die. If this keeps up, it will be a "When" FoE dies, I know the current defenders will all leave. The worst people to try and keep in your game, are people that defend bad design choices, because in reality, they do not care about the game. They do not care about FoE.

The people you want to keep, are the passionate people that want the game to be better. Seeing people give negative feedback, means they love the game and want to help the game improve, not get worse. When you see someone have to much passion and reasoning against a bad design choice such as a quest abort limit, that is when you need to take a step back, and realise other people who don't talk here, are just as passionate about playing the game this way, and those people will quit, without a word spoken here.

Always be transparent. It needs to be explained why it was quest aborts chosen and not quest completions. Different ages have a different amount of quests to abort, so its not balanced for ages, why? Server load? Then what about dealing with the fact that later ages need more quest aborts? Would it not be better to focus on the root issues over putting a blanket nerf over an entire playstyle?

When a bad decision is made, and there is no negative feedback, that is when you know, the game has died.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Goremise - though I agree with your post in general, the big difference I see are those that are spending more time complaining, over and over, as opposed to defending. They may want to call it defending, but the way they bring it up is as a whine. I played many years on WoW, and nearly every time there was a big change, all the whiners could come out of the closet, talk about the game's demise and how everyone that was passionate would leave. Has that happened?? No, the game is still strong (currently though I do not know, as I quit over a year ago, because I was tired of it and did not care for the direction of the newest expansion). Similar is happening here - so many people complaining.
A big complaint is about the GbG, which I can see in a sense, but I can also see that the GbG here is a very simplistic game, it has none of the complexities of a true PvP environment. So many players here seem to have a sense of entitlement, and use that entitlement to complain and create facts and figures from the space between their ears.
There are many problems with exploitation, but because certain players are used to using this exploit as part of their game play for years now, well then, reducing the effect of the exploitation has destroyed the game and made certain GB's pointless. What a bunch of rubbish. Again, entitlement. Fixing things is not as simple as turning a switch. Fixing an exploit can often lead to unintentionally creating new exploits - which players will definitely try to use to their advantage.
I have also seen multiple times where there are players with multiple accounts on the same world, against the Terms of Service, and although I have reported some of them, months later they are all still active. So what to do - from my point, ignore, as obviously nobody cares.
The future life of a game lies in enticing new blood into the fold, as the old blood is full of bad disease, such as entitlements, cheating, bots and whatnot.
Programming is a complex language, especially when it has been around for years, with new items added and different coders taking part. A true fix can only be done in pieces as it gets fixed/adjusted, or stay in development until it is considered fully fixed - which can take a very long time, especially in an environment like this one (i.e. years of code and multiple additions of new ages)
If certain players want to do nothing less than whine and complain, they are the players that need to go. Figuring out the difference sometimes between whining and feedback can be difficult to see. If players do not want to be accused of whining and crying all the time, then it is better that they learn how to properly critique a process, as otherwise, how can those particular players ever be taken seriously.

Powe

Brigadier-General
Yes they say.

Funny how players keep demanding explanations from Inno and when they get one they question it.

Now who am I to believe? Inno, or a player that keeps insisting that Inno deleted his previous forum account ( all his own doing ) and that makes up his own facts to support his theory?

Rumor that the delay was intentional was started by a German mod that is not even a CM. Was taken over by a newly appointed beta CM and in the end contradicted by a statement from Inno HQ. I prefer to believe that statement.
I don't see how there being one person on our side who is wrong about certain other things makes us all complete idiots.

Emberguard

Legend
Just did a bit of calculation. Over the years, I've spent close to 700,000 (seven hundred thousand) FPs on my CF that became useless now.

The least Inno should do to at least try to convince us to stay with the game is to allow this to be re-used on other GBs.
are you willing to give back all rewards you got from doing RQ's? That would only be fair.
Or.... they could keep their rewards ;) Ati, please keep the rewards. I like my sleep.

Alas you have an advantage over the normal forum user by hiding behind that Mods title. It would be much much fairer if you posted your posts "as a player" without the mods title and when posting as a mod include the mod title. Might lead to much more interesting debates.
That would be amazing and would have loved to have that option back when I was a forum mod here for that very reason. Unfortunately that would require using an entirely seperate account.

FWIW I quit the game
Good bye buddy. Will miss you :)

r21r

Major-General
@Paladiac the Pure while i don't disagree with the trolls you describe, i also can't agree that i don't feel trolled by the devs.
they have a test server, where happens not to be a test server but a server where they sell diamonds and other than few free diamonds there is no platform to test anything other than play as it was your main world (investing time)
if i am not mistaken the game has minimum age restriction 5? years old ? , how can you compare it with WoW, the likes Inno gets from their feedback sources, are actually likes from players or kids ?
because if we expect a 18 years old player (not gamer) to be amazed by mechanics that are being made for 12 years old players, then what you expect a 30 years old player (all of the same game!) to come and say here ?
everything is good - keep going ?
OK - it is a bussiness and as we want to be successful and happy in the game, they also want to make profit and develop the game - that's not something anyone will argue.
I don't think if we get asked to support some things for the general good we won't understand and we won't help, but look around you, what is there for the older players to see ?
the idk how many feedback for bad match up on GBG ? the no more GvG updates while it was the favourite feature of the "old-school" players ?
the "it was intented , but , sorry it wasn't" thing that happened the previous month ?

there are some things you can't put on the players no matter how childish they whine here, better look the actual problems than telling the word "exploit" in a broken game since it was launched (+ranking points when you trade goods really ? :D)

let them keep a version for the dinosaurs, even with subscription at the lowest cost and with an agreement to help them support their new contents and get a win/win, than having this drama-comedy.

@Emberguard i don't want my rewards, they are all in my inventory, can i get my FP's back ? :P

Emberguard

Legend
@Emberguard i don't want my rewards, they are all in my inventory, can i get my FP's back ? :P
Not my decision to make or my place to offer such a thing, but I meant if refunds were ever manually processed please keep the rewards from questing. It’d be an insane amount of work to reverse even one players rewards from quests if we have to do all of the rewards from all your quests.