• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update 1.201 Feedback

I reached 2k within 30 minutes +/- just by the 200/150 fp reccuring quests + gather coins+resources in saab...took me 5 first places in gb (70-100 lvl) ...while i rearly do them on a daily basis, keep in mind that Venus is on the way and many will want to gather the needed goods at least for the techtree) and 30 minutes (5 gbs)/a day before we're blocked is kind of overkill
I never loop fp RQ's when I make 1.9+ contributions. It's too snipe risky, and it stalls the following 1.9 contributions.
If I did, however, I could probably easily reach the 2000 abort limit. At least on some days when I contribute to a lot of top spots in high level GB's.
I loop fp RQ's when I add fps to my own GB's and coins/supplies RQ's when i collect from my city. That's a lot of aborts (12 for each loop in SAAB), but I haven't reached the limit - yet.

Last edited:

Ati2

Legend
That is sort of odd, now that I think about it. Players don't profit from Quest Aborts. They profit from quest completions. So why would you throttle on quests aborted rather than quests completed? Was it just easier to code that way?
They do in higher ages. One higher age, anyway. Where you do half the quest (fight), then abort to be able to do it again to gain immediate ranking points.

RegV

Corporal
They do in higher ages. One higher age, anyway. Where you do half the quest (fight), then abort to be able to do it again to gain immediate ranking points.
That sounds like a bug. But if all you get is RPs, so what? Other than bragging rights, they don't have a lot of value. Ever try to level a GB using your RPs instead of your FPs?

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I dont think it's a specific RQ that they are bothered about or even players being able to build ranking points through them. Or they would remove them or stop adding them to new eras.

I think the impact of this change will be highlighted a lot more when a new era comes out. Theres a lot of players out there with high level gbs that wont even be doing RQs each day but will use their CFs at the start of a new era so wont even notice till then that the CF has been nerfed.

Lilaia

Private
It would be very helpful, if one could see a kind of countdown for aborted quests. By the way, bots will be able to see such a countdown, so it would be only fair, if we had the same "knowledge".

Further, it would be helful, if we knew the time of reset.

Ati2

Legend
If aborting the quests is the problem, then here's an idea: let us ignore the quests we don't want to do. ;) That way we won't have to abort a single one. ;)

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Pretty useless update, no one benefits only sad players complaining they can’t do as many RQ’s as players with high CF’s..you make me laugh, lots of other areas to improve, why was this not thought about before, I guess devs are not all that good at their jobs

Behelzebhu

Private
So, again with punish players that can be online more time and put on the work, now with a quest limit abort. And 2000 is just ridiculously low
Brought you by lazy players that think they should be able to rank in 1st by playing 10minutes a day

Clearly theres no respect for the players that are more time online, want to turn us all into 30min players? fine,
Remember i said last time: Diamonds only save time, only thing they really do, take away the time i spend in game, as have nothing to do, i have no need to spend 1 single diamond

Last edited:

Ati2

Legend
Okay. So I got up roughly 3 hours ago. I had a shower. Got dressed. Received two deliveries. Tried those two deliveries. Had breakfast. Was on the phone for a while. Did some minor work. In the remaining time, I somehow managed to reach the 2000 limit? Yesterday I only reached it sometime in the evening. This 2000 seems to be an extremely random number.

Behelzebhu

Private
Again pitching this:
If want to slow players a little (without killing game for many at same time):

Cooldown of aborts, and set a 5min wait after reaching a certain number in certain time (500 in 15mins, you earn a cooldown, as example)
A player that does loads of recurring, may hit 3 cooldowns in 1 hr, while a medium one only 1 cooldown in same time.

Limits players, but allows gameplay to continue trough the day. And those that dont do a lot, will never see the cooldown.
Help players relax hand with cooldown, but dont kill their cities layout and strategy.

I want to keep playing the game, as is a great one, but if im gonna be forced to go look into other games as you leave me nothing to do all day, i might find something to take me away completely here, pretty sure im not alone in the feel of this.

Behelzebhu

Private
If only want to stop the players in SAAB doing millions of rank points:
Another Solution:

Dont make the mistake again of putting recurring quests with armys included on them in VENUS

most players abusing the quests will advance to Venus as soon as it comes out, PROBLEM SOLVED

Ati2

Legend
If only want to stop the players in SAAB doing millions of rank points:
Another Solution:

Dont make the mistake again of putting recurring quests with armys included on them in VENUS

most players abusing the quests will advance to Venus as soon as it comes out, PROBLEM SOLVED
Or even just take that single quest out. Killing a very recently introduced opportunity is a lot less painful than completely killing a strategy that we've built for for multiple years.

Behelzebhu

Private
Or even just take that single quest out. Killing a very recently introduced opportunity is a lot less painful than completely killing a strategy that we've built for for multiple years.

is 3 or 4 quests in SAAB that have an army included, +another requisite (collect goods, fights, units, fp)

And agree, if they want to kill every city tought, and built for CF usage, (most this players arent even near a high rank in their worlds), keep it up, we just go away,
You already are making us go away limiting the time we spend in game with this

So, again with punish players that can be online more time and put on the work, now with a quest limit abort. And 2000 is just ridiculously low
Brought you by lazy players that think they should be able to rank in 1st by playing 10minutes a day

Clearly theres no respect for the players that are more time online, want to turn us all into 30min players? fine,
Remember i said last time: Diamonds only save time, only thing they really do, take away the time i spend in game, as have nothing to do, i have no need to spend 1 single diamond
It is ridiculously low, and the higher age a player is in, the worse it gets.
2000 aborts equals 285 quests in OF (7 quests to abort to cycle back to the desired quest).
2000 aborts equals 181 quests in SAM (11 quests to abort to cycle back) and 142 in SAAB (14 quests to cycle back).
What is the logic behind punishing players in higher ages? Why can a player in SAAB do only 142 cycles (which active players can easily reach just by collecting town , checking 1.9 threads in guild and checking GBs in NH and FL), while I could do 285 cycles in OF?

This abort limit shows absolute disrespect towards players.

Behelzebhu

Private
This abort limit shows absolute disrespect towards players.

YES, and again "snuck in", never announced.
Other MMO games have a council of players, or even make poll/votes of large numbers before doing anything that changes game mechanics in such a big scale.

CF and recurrents being in game for many many years; never been a problem.
Some "smart" guy thinks adding armys to some SAAB recurrents is a good idea, apparently it creates a problem or imbalance (cause ranking is sOOOOO important). Instead of getting rid of the little thing that created it, lets snuck in a delay, "wasnt intended" oh ok, then a limit abort to correct it. AHHH, and apparently, lets keep the idea that broke the game trough on the new age, doing armys AGAIN, as we already broke the game with a limit abort.

Why was necessary to add the armys there? makes more sense in lower ages to use HC and SC on days when no gbg/GE is active. SAM-SAAB players can fight in the map for ore and ice anyways, NO LOGIC

Does anyone there think things trough???