• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update 1.201 Feedback

Knight of ICE

i've been telling what CF can do long time before i build one, and i've also suggested attrition on CF in an idea that got forwarded about a year ago !

Can not find any such idea. Can you link to it?

What kind of detection tool do you need to read your own forum?
There are differing opinions on forums that don't necessarily reflect those who prefer to play the game.
Those who have spent 1000000's FP's levelling CF are going to feel bad now, a few may leave but it won't stop new players from joining.

Ati2

Legend
There are differing opinions on forums that don't necessarily reflect those who prefer to play the game.
Those who have spent 1000000's FP's levelling CF are going to feel bad now, a few may leave but it won't stop new players from joining.
What does this have to do with Inno taking at least four or five years to notice how CF works?

The discussion was not an opinion. It was a clear strategy that anyone could follow. Posted right on the Inno forum. Not in a secret website on the darkweb, but on Inno's official FoE forum.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
It was quite expected that there will be players that are just extremely heavily impacted by the change.
The thing is, if you invested so many resources in something that was even near an actual exploit, you also need to be aware that you are going to suffer if it gets "fixed".
Regarding Chateau, it was pretty obvious from the moment we've been talking about it as a "perpetual motion machine" that it is somewhat being exploited.
Yes, the nerf came after a long time, following the recent problems with SAAB fighting quest, but it came. The fact that it took so long for it to be fixed doesn't mean it actually wasn't an exploit.

Ati2

Legend
It was quite expected that there will be players that are just extremely heavily impacted by the change.
The thing is, if you invested so many resources in something that was even near an actual exploit, you also need to be aware that you are going to suffer if it gets "fixed".
Regarding Chateau, it was pretty obvious from the moment we've been talking about it as a "perpetual motion machine" that it is somewhat being exploited.
Yes, the nerf came after a long time, following the recent problems with SAAB fighting quest, but it came. The fact that it took so long for it to be fixed doesn't mean it actually wasn't an exploit.
Where do you draw the line, though? What is an exploit, and what isn't? One would think that if a strategy has been around for years and years, then it's not an exploit. Will Inno notice that people actually attack other players in the game and then remove that ability? If you think about it, attacking someone else in the game has to be an exploit... Maybe Inno doesn't even know yet that people attack others! ;)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Where do you draw the line, though? What is an exploit, and what isn't? One would think that if a strategy has been around for years and years, then it's not an exploit. Will Inno notice that people actually attack other players in the game and then remove that ability? If you think about it, attacking someone else in the game has to be an exploit... Maybe Inno doesn't even know yet that people attack others! ;)
An exploit, such as this RQ one, was not an exploit of CF or an exploit of RQ, but rather an exploit of the combination of the two. Any time you have something that basically gives a player unlimited returns, is very much an exploit - as it is on just about any gaming system. It is questionable why it too so long to have this adjusted (since it is not really fixed yet) and the only opinion I can make, is that there was disagreement among the Inno team as to exactly how they should fix it, so they came to some kind of agreement to limit the exploit (for now, because it most likely can be adjusted again), so they have done this RQ limit and will spend some time seeing what the data shows before deciding on any further change.
Sure, this exploit has been around for years - and why is that? Perhaps Inno did not feel that there would be enough players taking advantage of it and now they have decided it has finally been long enough.
So - just because it has been around for years does not mean it is or is not an exploit - just means the Inno team had a reason up to now to change things.
If you do not know what an exploit is - go online and LEARN and UNDERSTAND what it is, and stop coming up with such foolish suggestions, which just continues to show how little you know or understand.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
considering that i didn't developed the game and there wasn't any kind of announcement introducing any kind of nurf in any update, yes i'd appreciate the option to get a refund as comphersation to my time invested focusing a CF just because Quests where unlimited.
And back to this refund again, why should it be an option? And if they do 'refund' you, what about the other players that also invested in your CF? What about all the other benefits you would have received from CF over the period of time - where did all the goods, coins, diamonds and everything else go that you received? All that should be reverted as well. All your player points that can be somehow attributed to your CF should also be removed. All those other players that benefitted from what you received should be removed as well. A refund is not necessarily as simple as it sounds. And if you were to receive an option for a refund, why shouldn't everything else affected be taken back as well?
And moving forwards, who knows what will be coming up in the near future, next Age or whatever else becomes available, that the CF will have a favorable position to be used.

r21r

Major-General
And back to this refund again, why should it be an option?
because i've invested time in a strategy available 6? years, that they decided to remove with no refairence anywhere !
And if they do 'refund' you, what about the other players that also invested in your CF?
Considering it is a Long Term Game, and nobody will carry stones, they should spend some effort for their players and make them understand that they care for them and understand the impact the change has on them ! I'm sure players will appreciate that stance !!
What about all the other benefits you would have received from CF over the period of time - where did all the goods, coins, diamonds and everything else go that you received? All that should be reverted as well.
Most of them are in my inventory - they might aswell have them, though i believe we didn't exploited an "once weeks bug" , we picked a playstyle that was open to everyone in both game and forums. I wouldn't appreciate to pay for a game design "hole" that was left open for years, but if they want my goods they free to have them.
All your player points that can be somehow attributed to your CF should also be removed. All those other players that benefitted from what you received should be removed as well. A refund is not necessarily as simple as it sounds. And if you were to receive an option for a refund, why shouldn't everything else affected be taken back as well?
Yes mate, let them have them. You think i care for ranking .. ? or i would have camped in the lower Eras if i wanted points ? lol
And moving forwards, who knows what will be coming up in the near future, next Age or whatever else becomes available, that the CF will have a favorable position to be used.
So i lost all that effort to make my CF 50lvl in a year, to wait another 1 year for the next era where maybe CF will has vallue again ?

Are you sure you are seeing the whole picture here and not only the one you want to see ?

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Attacking other players doesn't give you an "infinite" and enormous benefit.
Chateau basically makes the time you can invest in game an only limit for it's abuse. So, with very high level CF you can basically do RQs all day and get tremendous anounts of resources in return for the time spent doing them.
Many people kept camping in IA just because it's the easiest age for reaching that Chateau level when it becomes a "perpetual motion machine".

I wouldn't appreciate to pay for a game design "hole" that was left open for years, but if they want my goods they free to have them.

Goods will be harder to get now, but not that hard, the hole is still there but not so big.
Why not help out some new players with making their GB's or giving back to the game that has given you so much.
As you have benefited from the exploit for some years, it's understandable how you feel; you could try to help others who will never have the advantages you got and gain everlasting respect.

Ati2

Legend
Attacking other players doesn't give you an "infinite" and enormous benefit.

Infinite is pretty far-fetched. I managed to accumulate 3-4G coins/supplies in three years, but keep in mind that CF gives millions of coins and HC gives even more supplies, so I'd say most of this is from the daily collections, and not from quests.

Chateau basically makes the time you can invest in game an only limit for it's abuse. So, with very high level CF you can basically do RQs all day and get tremendous anounts of resources in return for the time spent doing them.

Isn't that the point of pretty much any game? The more time you devote to it, the better you get. Why would it be a good idea to reward inaction?

r21r

Major-General
Goods will be harder to get now, but not that hard, the hole is still there but not so big.
Why not help out some new players with making their GB's or giving back to the game that has given you so much.
As you have benefited from the exploit for some years, it's understandable how you feel; you could try to help others who will never have the advantages you got and gain everlasting respect.
i always helped new players without having CF in my City and who played on N knows better than anyone what kind of player i am.
when i decided to invest on my CF the RQ's where unlimited - limiting them (especially down to 2.000 aborts) makes it questionable for me , if would be investing them the same way.
I'm not a player who "only takes" from the game, i also contribute to it, otherwise i wouldn't be here posting.
if 5-6 players? want to call me a "crybaby" they can search the forum for my positioning on the serious changes that took part in the last year, and in the GBG feedback thread.

and since we have <<experienced players>> learn that having MANY unbalanced things in the game LEADS in better balance than few, and this tactic IS being used by many games worldwide.

If Forge is a grind game, Quests DO have position in it - if not, GBG hasn't. Don't compare whatever with anything, and don't present the sides you wanna be seen, leave the taboo's outdoors and bring everything on the table if you care for the game, having half facts makes no true.

Goods from CF can be nurfed with re-adjusting the base amout, Medals FP's and the rest things it produces can be made from a lot other features of the game, if server overload was the only problem, they could increase the base rewards.

A LOT solutions out there, don't come here say "im happy with your un-happiness cause the devs tricked you this time" this is not feedback and the examples you bring on the table are far more from realistic.

another mod said "when life gives you lemons", we would be still in stone age with that quote.

PS - and ah, what about those MILLIONS goods all the players have in older worlds that have been using CF not 4 months like me, but 4+ years ? are they to be left there ?

what balance and impacts are we talking about, they have Siege Camps forever

You took advantage of (exploited) a loophole in the game and gained tremendous amounts of resources from it, and now that Inno have narrowed the loophole, you want a refund on the fps you've invested to be able to exploit the system?

r21r

Major-General
You took advantage of (exploited) a loophole in the game and gained tremendous amounts of resources from it, and now that Inno have narrowed the loophole, you want a refund on the fps you've invested to be able to exploit the system?
i played the game within the game rulles with 0 cheating - if you want to call me exploiter, sorry, find something else to play with
Yes since Inno wants to claim "loopholes" after 6 years, i'd appreciate their sorry with a refund.

yes inno made an exploitable system of Quests (pretty much like Battlegrounds i think i have a screen with 3.000 FP's in my Bar) you want to call me exploiter ?

how you'd call the devs then ? Balancers ? hahaha

oh - and since you are an old player, you know whats the difference between romanians and bulgarians ? if you answer that, ill take your oppinions on exploiting seriusly - till then have your personal oppinions without "you's" in them, i never sold a single FP or Good for money

i played the game within the game rulles with 0 cheating - if you want to call me exploiter, sorry, find something else to play with
Yes since Inno wants to claim "loopholes" after 6 years, i'd appreciate their sorry with a refund.

yes inno made an exploitable system of Quests (pretty much like Battlegrounds i think i have a screen with 3.000 FP's in my Bar) you want to call me exploiter ?

how you'd call the devs then ? Balancers ? hahaha

oh - and since you are an old player, you know whats the difference between romanians and bulgarians ? if you answer that, ill take your oppinions on exploiting seriusly - till then have your personal oppinions without "you's" in them, i never sold a single FP or Good for money
Exploit means to "take advantage of". If you take advantage of a weak or flawed of frail feature in the game, yes, then you are an exploiter. So am I - and a lot of other players :-) It's not cheating though, of course. Inno made it possible.
But to demand a refund on the resources you/we have spent to exploit a vulnerable feature in the game, when Inno try to limit the exploitation, is absurd.

r21r

Major-General
Exploit means to "take advantage of". If you take advantage of a weak or flawed of frail feature in the game, yes, then you are an exploiter. So am I - and a lot of other players :-) It's not cheating though, of course. Inno made it possible.
But to demand a refund on the resources you/we have spent to exploit a vulnerable feature in the game, when Inno try to limit the exploitation, is absurd.
yes i feel exploited thanks

How would you even calculate a fair refund? You'd have to subtract all the benefits the player has gained through the exploit.

r21r

Major-General
How would you even calculate a fair refund? You'd have to subtract all the benefits the player has gained through the exploit.
my CF is 94lvl , make it 60lvl, take all my goods from my inventory, and give me the owners leveling costs from 60 till 94lvl.

Note that i cannot know what is technically realistic (with good will, everything is in 2021) , but i'd be happy to hear another solution.