• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.176

• Thread starter DeletedUser119613
  • Start date

DeletedUser12400

Yes great improvement. Those trees on the outskirts now look exactly like the incident tree.
I personally know all incidents locations in my city and maybe a little less yet still incidents are noticeable.

1587583891253.png

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I wonder where are the brightness whiners:?:lol:

Care to share?

I meant more on the line of everyone cities is prettier to look at, lol. The background looks better then my city atm, its hard to make a pretty city in this game due to giant out of place Great buildings that you need to advance... I do plan on one day sprucing it up~

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
View attachment 20968
wildlife is abundant in my city

I think the thing that they are getting at it more to do with choosing expansions around the wildlife that used to be there, so that they never removed any wildlife, and had expansions around them instead of on top of them. By changing the background their entire cities looks has been effected in an I'd assume irreversible way since its not like we have ever had an option in game or on the forums to choose what style we'd like new or old (like how other games/forums do it, Reddit always allowed you to use the old style for example). In which case in order to re-decorate they would have to create new cities on new worlds and start all over again since there is no take backsies on expansion slots :)

Orange Tango

Private
I think the thing that they are getting at it more to do with choosing expansions around the wildlife that used to be there, so that they never removed any wildlife, and had expansions around them instead of on top of them. By changing the background their entire cities looks has been effected in an I'd assume irreversible way since its not like we have ever had an option in game or on the forums to choose what style we'd like new or old (like how other games/forums do it, Reddit always allowed you to use the old style for example). In which case in order to re-decorate they would have to create new cities on new worlds and start all over again since there is no take backsies on expansion slots :)

Exactly...

They have made a change with the intention of more beautifying players cities... but the consequence is that the players who took the most care over the appearance of their cities have had their hard work and effort destroyed...

It was an appalling update made with the right intentions....

And there is no way I for one will go through the years it took to carefully develop and personalise a city again because I'll never trust the game designers to not just change it all again in an irreversable way.

It would be a doodle for the designers to correct with just the replacement of the animated wildlife back to their original positions... they could keep all their other enhancements in place.... wouldn't effect anyone's gameplay in the slightest negative way... and most players wouldn't even notice...

But I've played this game long enough to know they won't...

My enjoyment of this game took a huge dent today... as it did for quite a number of other players I know...