• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spoiler Upcoming significant nerf ro Recurring Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrawnf

Corporal
Well this update make me laugh

So Inno is supporting the players that use bot and autoclick to do multiple recurring quest.

Because when you use bot to do this, 1) inno can't notice it, as autoclick can't be detected 2) just need to add an extra time on each action on the autoclick to avoid the delay (a basic knowledge in how theses software work give you the answer)

BUT players who play on iphone or tablet will have a HUGE lost on this, as recurring quest to get profit of Chateau will be such a PAIN.

So clearly this measure is to support the cheater using bot, and vreate trouble to ALL players that just use the feature of this game.

It's a bad move
and I think to be fair this soulld only be implemented on browser game and NOT on tablet or phone app, as they player son tablet can't use bot, so they do recurring quest with their finger, and not with bot...

I'm sorry Inno, but I'm wondering if any IT person taking decision, because this is very laughable, as it will only make pain on the the player that do not use cheat :lol:

Last edited:

Princess.b

Private
these last changes are horrible,
-finally, they allowed an easier less clicky way to do multiple productions quickly, and for some reason, they added a zoom..
who ever wanted to zoom on a building they just set into production? what possible point could there be to it? plain stupid.

-adding a delay to a game that already has so many built-in delays is , again, plain stupid.. if you feel there is abuse with the requering quests - limit the number of quests..slowing it down won't stop a bot/auticlicker, all they have to do is adjust their code.. whilst the rest of pull our hair.

Behelzebhu

Private
Keep playing, and keep spending diamonds in the events; so then Inno will never listen to this complains we make,

Requires many many hours of mindless clicking to get real "profit" from recurrents, not to mention all the time and fps spent in high leveling the CF, can i have all my FP back from this now then? but still this was implemented now

We dont matter, only rich folks and cheaters matter in this game

I guess this change was implemented cause of players using the Saab army recurrents to do millions and millions of ranking points.
Which the push-accounts and fight-script Cheaters didnt like, as they cheats were not effective anymore.

Tells you who really Inno listen, them not us

Sorry for my ignorance, but which SAAB fight RQ is it exactly that is being exploited to gain rank points?
There's a "defeat this large army" quest. But for that quest you also have to "gather 500 goods".

Knight of ICE

- Win 12 battles in a row without losing
- Win 20 battles or solve a very complex negotiation AND pay 150 SAAB goods or 200 SAM goods
- Defeat 40 units or solve a complex negotiation

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Sorry for my ignorance, but which SAAB fight RQ is it exactly that is being exploited to gain rank points?
There's a "defeat this large army" quest. But for that quest you also have to "gather 500 goods".
"Defeat 40 units OR solve this very complex negotiation" and you spam one specific two wave fight on SAAB map but, as I heard, there is one more catch, but I don't know about it.

Lilaia

Private
There are 2 quests which include a fight. Simply fight and then abort. You keep the ranking poins.
This "ranking point farming " could be stopped if the fights would count after finishing the whole quest only.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
There are 2 quests which include a fight. Simply fight and then abort. You keep the ranking poins.
This "ranking point farming " could be stopped if the fights would count after finishing the whole quest only.
Yep, this is the simpler way, tho with the way mentioned, you technically don't lose any units, but I don't know anything more.

r21r

Major-General
that one. you can have your guildmates with 500x500 trades and accept them after the battles.
or just abort and fight again for points

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Really though if someone has the time and patience to be online for hours on end doing the battles then aborting the quests and then repeating and repeating, then fair play to them. It isn't having a detrimental effect on me or my game, however, this time delay introduced on recurring quests IS having a detrimental effect on my game, so WHY punish me (and loads of others of course)?

Really though if someone has the time and patience to be online for hours on end doing the battles then aborting the quests and then repeating and repeating, then fair play to them. It isn't having a detrimental effect on me or my game, however, this time delay introduced on recurring quests IS having a detrimental effect on my game, so WHY punish me (and loads of others of course)?
Exactly. I don't care if some players use autoclickers to gain a lot of points and resources. It doesn't hurt my fun with the game in any way. But it does hurt my fun with the game if I have to wait 2 seconds every time I want to abort a RQ.

Doing the battle still gathers points. After the battle is over the player simply aborts the quest and then repeats.
Yeah, alright. I get that. You can, of course, just abort the quest after the battle and still get the rank points. Thanks.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Exactly. I don't care if some players use autoclickers to gain a lot of points and resources. It doesn't hurt my fun with the game in any way. But it does hurt my fun with the game if I have to wait 2 seconds every time I want to abort a RQ.
Best explanation for this is: Ordinary heavy questers suffer because some players have found a way to farm millions of ranking points a day. Somebody who, for example, uses RQs and CF as a main source of goods, is punished because some other players think ranking points are everything that matters.

Nair

Private
I started this game about 14 months ago and, since then, not a single day has passed without playing it. Numerous changes have been implemented and I welcomed them or, in the worst case, they did not bother me. But now it's different.
The biggest problem with the change discussed in this thread is that it violates a basic principle called "presumption of innocence". Why should all the players waste time when scrolling through quests because some players use the quests to obtain so called "unfair" benefits, be them goods or ranking points?
I think most of us collect all the 24h productions of the city once a day, two times at most. In my main world I usually use the "Collect all" feature, but, on my other world, where I'm less developed, I like to complete as much RQs as possible when collecting, as 5 goods or 5FPs make a much bigger difference. So, waiting 1.5s each time I abort a quest will add up to a few minutes I find absolutely no reason to waste.
As some of the forum members already stated, auto-clickers will still auto-click. That 1.5s delay will have a small impact on their benefits but a huge impact on most of the other players' patience.
Since I do not like people who just criticise without presenting an opinion about how things should be done, I say that a progressive delay might be the better solution here. Slightly increase the delay after quest abort if, for example, they've done 10 quests in 1 minute, and let it fade out when the player stops.
As far as I'm aware, no official statement has been made about this issue, so, until the exact problem they address is brought to our knowledge, one can only speculate.

so how do engage with inno in conversation? they dont seem to listen to feedback from beta, they dont listen to these threads here.
how do you get them to take this under advisement again ?
Well, most likely they don't "listen" to comments from this thread since it's not a feedback thread.
If we use the feedback thread for the latest update instead of this thread, there's a slight chance our opinions will be forwarded to the dev's.
But, of course, that doesn't mean that they will *listen" or agree or change anything.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
so how do engage with inno in conversation? they dont seem to listen to feedback from beta, they dont listen to these threads here.
how do you get them to take this under advisement again ?

Honestly its really hilarious we even have a beta server or forum at this point, I mean how often has something actually changed according to beta feedback? Can count that on one hand or maybe even less. I think I recall maybe once, the villa? Which is even more interesting how we've had other terrible main event buildings that were not buffed like the Villa was.

It took the pvp tower coming to live and then pages and pages of people who hadn't quit yet to complain and get inno to actually do something about it. I got a feeling that our momentum will be slower for 2 reasons, people have quit and.... with this delay change what they did was snuck it in stealth nerf style so that the majority of people have no idea that questing has been nerfed for all ages for a "fix" that's a terrible fix that will only cause more people to abuse the system by using auto clickers.

All this does is make people not want to play your game Inno. Why would you do this, why would you push a stealth nerf update that actually makes people want to quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.