• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Upcoming changes to Diamond Packages

DeletedUser116322

If they made it cheaper you would still have to spend.
they are not making the packages cheaper but more expensive so i don't know what you are going on about, if i can't finish the settlement in time and i want to, then i'll have to pay more (not less), do you get it now or do i have to explain it in a different way?

Galladhorn

Monarch
i have a total of 9 Wishing Wells and in the 4 1/2 months i've played i never got any diamonds from them yet, so i presume all of you that get diamonds so often are just plain lucky, yes?

Many players have played since 2012–2014 – You expect that with merely 9 Wells and about 5 months of play you will win a lot of Diamonds – The game is not like that. FoE is a long term game, very long term. And it is not a City Builder either – So many new players expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter – The game is not like that either. Arm yourself with patience, planning, persistence and do some research on how to get the best of the game or if any of these are not you, get into your wallet and buy diamonds. There is plenty of ways to earn Diamonds in the game – but one has to know how, it is naturally not a highlight in the game description since it is an essential income for InnoGames. If new players look at the top ranked players and think "I want that" – then prepare for years of FoE gaming and avoid making mistakes* and utlize the best methoods.

Common MIstakes
– Placing expansions unevenly, not trying to make a square or secondary a rectangular layout
(untill it can not longer be avoided).
Resulting in Space problems and difficult placements, setting the player back overall, becasue the city can not hold as many buildings as it otherwise could (E.g Wishing Wells). So the player might be inclined to buy diamonds to solve the problem.
– Not working with the city layout overall, to utilize the overall space to the outmost possible.
– Not being propely prepared when entering a new Era, resulting in stalling.
– Choosing the Wrong Great Buildings or the Right GBs at the wrong time – Resulting in Delays.
– Not being flexible/adaptive or thinking out of the box when Events demands certain Quests.
– Being lazy with AID early on in the game and thereby often not building a good freind list.
– Not asking advise of higher ranked players and guild members.
– Not doing any research on the game. There is Forums and also plenty of YouTube Videos.
– Not realizing that FoE essentially is a game with no end to it – So any overdue haste is frankly not needed – Only carried by the individual players own ambitions.

And yes raising the prices is not a nice move I agree – but many arguments are mainly vague due to lack off knowledge how the game works and how to earn diamonds in the game.

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
they are not making the packages cheaper but more expensive so i don't know what you are going on about, if i can't finish the settlement in time and i want to, then i'll have to pay more (not less), do you get it now or do i have to explain it in a different way?

Not familiar with the word "if"?

Settlements can be finished without the use of diamonds. You can't. Who is to blame for that? You or Inno?

DeletedUser116525

yes, "Settlements can be finished without the use of diamonds" but not on time.
But settlements don't need to be finished on time, the only thing you lose is some rhunestone fragments, it's hardly something worth spending diamonds for to get. The main thing people are after in settlements is the main prize, yggdrasil, you don't lose a level if you don't finish on time, it has no time limit so I don't understand how anyone can have a problem with it, spending diamonds in settlements is almost as silly as spending diamonds to repair troops, or speed up a building, or anything in the game aside from using them for events because you not only get the main prize, you load up on all the bonus stuff, fp's, goods, troops etc.

DeletedUser116322

But settlements don't need to be finished on time,
but do you know how frustrating it is to take about a month when it should (Inno in their wildest (diamond money thinking) dreaming) be done in 15 days?
and on top of it to make it worst, it must be the most boring, most frustrating game in the world :(

DeletedUser116322

Many players have played since 2012-2014
i know someone that started playing FoE before you and has tons of WWs and gets diamonds once in a blue moon (i'm repeating what has been said before)

You expect that with merely 9 Wells and about 5 months of play you will win a lot of Diamonds
i never said that i "expect" to "win a lot of Diamonds", i said that i'm yet to get diamonds from my 9 WWs and it's now 5 1/2 months since i've started to play.

And it is not a City Builder either
when did i ever mention anything like that?

So many new players expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter
i'm realistic so your comment doesn't hold for me

get into your wallet and buy diamonds.
no, the game is not up to my satisfaction to go and waste money on diamonds

If new players look at the top ranked players and think "I want that"
no, "I (don't) want that", their towns look more like ghettos with no character at all. how many of these so called top players have a "Drive In" or an "Amusement Park" or any other cultural buildings that looks good, all they have is zillions of watch towers, ritual flames, all GBS (at level 80) and tons of terrace farms looking like it's simulating some boring rural looking habitat, nothing pretty or stress releasing about their games and all they do is attack everyone all day long and have 180k won battles, so no thank you, i didn't start playing playing FoE to show off to everyone my ridiculously high score or to spend endless hours fighting. I play Foe to have fun and to look at my town with pride because it looks "normal" with the maximum amount of objects that look different to give it character and that's the way i play and no one has the right to say i'm playing wrong (or try to preach to me how i should play)

and avoid making mistakes
i'm not making any mistakes as there are no set rules to this game

Common MIstakes
Placing expansions ........
so should i become a FoE fundie and devote my entire days in the Forum and get lots of useless information there (here), watch lots of YouTube videos and get varied confusing opinions, yes?
sorry but i can't do that, i do have a life too.

but many arguments are mainly vague due to lack off knowledge how the game works
"how the game works" your way?

and how to earn diamonds in the game.
i do know, the best place to go is the GE. i've known that for as long as i've played, it's the best source of free (surprisingly) regular diamonds pay outs.

thank you very much for your version of common mistakes but it's not what this thread is about, its about
"Upcoming changes to Diamond Packages"

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
11 settlements completed on time on my 12th now. No diamonds spent :)

Same here, only done 7 so far, and every one no diamonds spent unless its like I need one good at the end and I don't want to wait hours for it, lol. Happened to me once, needed 2 more axes and was like "Nah".

Many players have played since 2012–2014 – You expect that with merely 9 Wells and about 5 months of play you will win a lot of Diamonds – The game is not like that. FoE is a long term game, very long term. And it is not a City Builder either – So many new players expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter – The game is not like that either. Arm yourself with patience, planning, persistence and do some research on how to get the best of the game or if any of these are not you, get into your wallet and buy diamonds. There is plenty of ways to earn Diamonds in the game – but one has to know how, it is naturally not a highlight in the game description since it is an essential income for InnoGames. If new players look at the top ranked players and think "I want that" – then prepare for years of FoE gaming and avoid making mistakes* and utlize the best methoods.

Common MIstakes
– Placing expansions unevenly, not trying to make a square or secondary a rectangular layout
(untill it can not longer be avoided). Resulting in Space problems and difficult placements, setting the player back overall, becasue the city can not hold as many buildings as it otherwise could (E.g Wishing Wells). So the player might be inclined to buy diamonds to solve the problem.
– Not working with the city layout overall, to utilize the overall space to the outmost possible.
– Not being propely prepared when entering a new Era, resulting in stalling.
– Choosing the Wrong Great Buildings or the Right GBs at the wrong time – Resulting in Delays.
– Not being flexible/adaptive or thinking out of the box when Events demands certain Quests.
– Being lazy with AID early on in the game and thereby often not building a good freind list.
– Not asking advise of higher ranked players and guild members.
– Not doing any research on the game. There is Forums and also plenty of YouTube Videos.
– Not realizing that FoE essentially is a game with no end to it – So any overdue haste is frankly not needed – Only carried by the individual players own ambitions.

And yes raising the prices is not a nice move I agree – but many arguments are mainly vague due to lack off knowledge how the game works and how to earn diamonds in the game.

The people that don't aid early on really confuse me, cause early on it is a lot of gold, and one great way to get all the starting GB's you need from both Bronze and Iron age. Guild hop for a bit aiding, then sit in a good guild, aiding constantly, get a early statue and lighthouse and be set for both supply and any fighting you need to do, yet people still don't do this and still don't aid.

DeletedUser

Learn from the first Settlement and implement in the subsequent attempts. Diamonds are not required, merely the ability to learn.
If you have been playing for such a very short time, yet run 3 Cities in 3 Worlds going pell mell up the Tech Tree, have you not yet learned that the faults all lie with you and not the Game?! This is a strategy game, not a silly FPS and must be approached as such. Create your City/Empire in the same fashion that mankind has done so since the beginning of the Bronze Age. History teaches those who are capable of learning.
We all start as Noobs, Hell I've only been playing FoE for 18 months so still regard myself as a Noob. What problems I have are caused by my play-style and methodology but, what do I know? You have spent less time playing than I've spent in any Era from EMA onwards and you will continue to suffer for your temerity and haste.
Learn from those who have played here for years, learn from your own mistakes {of which there are many}, people here have attempted to offer advice, assistance and support, to which you have responded with scorn and derision. Hardly a "loving" attitude!

DeletedUser116322

Learn from the first Settlement and implement in the subsequent attempts.

if i don't like the settlements why do you have to make such a dramatic thing out of it and go on and on about it?
and you start throwing insults at me
(have you not yet learned that the faults all lie with you,)
(Hardly a "loving" attitude!),
why can't you just respect other players point of view?
do you think that your way, is the only way to play the game?
if i don't like and don't finish the settlements on time it's my business and not yours.
edit
and above all, be polite towards other people