• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Upcoming changes to Diamond Packages

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah like with most aspects of this game if you hold back in taking it as far as you can with what you have available you won't see much benefit from it (I don't mean spend money, just min-max the free stuff). During an event I usually get about 10 Daily Specials. You should be able to speed it up by going for the item choices that contain WW Fragments when aiming for the full WW daily special.

Doesn't bring the diamond packages back down, but hopefully makes up for it a bit if you can supplement your purchases with diamond farming

DeletedUser116322

i have (have had) 5 wells for a few months now and haven't had any 50 diamonds yet:(
someone special has bought me 2 x 19,99 Euros diamond packages to help me finish 1. the settlement in time and 2. one of the quests also in time, but personally i can't afford to spend 19,99 Euros and diamonds don't seem to last

DeletedUser105522

....bought me 2 x 19,99 Euros diamond packages to help me finish 1. the settlement in time and 2. one of the quests also in time, but personally i can't afford to spend 19,99 Euros and diamonds don't seem to last
That is exactly my point about misuse of the diamonds in this game ;)

i don't know if i can go with this statement of yours. i do know someone who has 30-40 wells (not sure the exact amount) and gets 50 diamonds once in a blue moon, he has tons of wells in stock but won't put them up because the stories of players that get x amount of diamonds a week, he doesn't buy that story, he thinks that a lot of players with the so called diamond farms use them as a disguise to hide the amounts of diamonds they purchase a month, which makes perfect sense as most players don't like admitting that they spend so much money on diamonds, this intimidates the other members in their guilds who can't afford to spend money buying diamonds and makes them very unpopular amongst these other players so they use these diamond farms as a cover up.

HI Joan, I have around 120 wishing wells (fountains of youth included in that number) scattered over several farms worlds, highest concentration in L. And I can sure verify that farming works, you can take my word for it. Except it doesn't work as people expect ; according to wiki each well (and fountain - as their properties are identical) has approximately 1,25% chance of yielding 50 diamonds although in reality that number is much lower but it still works. There are days I still get 0 diamonds as I did today but most likely it will yield 50 or 100 a day, average being somwhere in between.

Diamond farming takes serious effort as farms take away a lot of your time while being set up and developed, or if you wish to expand you have to do events and work hard on it as they are the main source of wels, so I do not think people would do it just nas a cover.

DeletedUser116322

HI Joan, I have around 120 wishing wells
ok you have 3/4 times more so why doesn't this person get "most likely it will yield 50 or 100 a day" like you say, then every 3/4th day lets say 50 or 100 a day?
he gets maybe 50 diamonds once a month if is lucky

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser114342

ok you have 3/4 times more so why doesn't this person get "most likely it will yield 50 or 100 a day" like you say, then every 3/4th day lets say 50 or 100 a day?
he gets maybe 50 diamonds once a month if is lucky

I have 2 diamond farms which I am setting up. I have around 30 WWs and Fountains on each farm, more in inventory. I will put them in once I collect 100 and move up in eras. Currently in Iron Age.

From my WWs and Fountains, I average around 50 diamonds every 3 days, so in a week that’s just over 200 diamonds for both farms.

When you combine the diamonds I win from GE level 4, I average around 600 diamonds per week.

Diamond farming is a serious effort to be able to get diamonds on a regular basis. I decided to do it because I wanted a different challenge from the ones presented to me in my main world and so far it is paying off nicely ;)

DeletedUser108359

I have 2 diamond farms which I am setting up. I have around 30 WWs and Fountains on each farm, more in inventory. I will put them in once I collect 100 and move up in eras. Currently in Iron Age.

From my WWs and Fountains, I average around 50 diamonds every 3 days, so in a week that’s just over 200 diamonds for both farms.

When you combine the diamonds I win from GE level 4, I average around 600 diamonds per week.

Diamond farming is a serious effort to be able to get diamonds on a regular basis. I decided to do it because I wanted a different challenge from the ones presented to me in my main world and so far it is paying off nicely ;)

What is really nice is that whichever world you farm on you can use those diamonds on any world you play.
Years ago you could Only use diamonds on the world you won them on. :D

DeletedUser116322

i have a total of 9 Wishing Wells and in the 4 1/2 months i've played i never got any diamonds from them yet, so i presume all of you that get diamonds so often are just plain lucky, yes?

DeletedUser4800

i have a total of 9 Wishing Wells and in the 4 1/2 months i've played i never got any diamonds from them yet, so i presume all of you that get diamonds so often are just plain lucky, yes?
You have to say a little innogames prayer before collection and you are guaranteed at least 50 diamonds per day.

DeletedUser6065

Currently have ~72,000 diamonds.
Not a single penny spent.
Lost 300 opening 5th slot in barracks due to 'Quick Clickn' Without Lookin' '.
. . . . mk
** Have ~ 50,000 diamonds on Beta. Still in Stone Age. Obsessed with the Town Hall.**

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116322

The entire balancing was re-done and instead of each building having a set production time they added the adjustable production times.
where? i don't see any differences in my 3 games, almost 15 days gone and i'm still nowhere to be seen:(

Agent327

Overlord
everything
see how much i'll have to spend extra if i want to finish on time

Comment you reacted to was about settlements adjustments. It has absolutely nothing to do with the changes in diamond packages and you having to spend extra. You having to spend extra comes from your own shortcommings and not from any prize change. If they made it cheaper you would still have to spend.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Raised this issue with my guild, almost ALL of the advanced players have said that NONE of them ever bought diamonds but have stockpiled THOUSANDS. Most from doing GE4 AND world farming. Some stating that wishing wells also give diamonds, although I personally have 5-6 and have NEVER seen a diamond from one. The "balancing" Inno are describing is being applied to the wrong area, they should be looking at these BIG GE4 payouts and, more importantly, WORLD FARMING!

If the prices increase, I'm out and I don't think I would be the only one.

– Wishing Wells do give Diamonds – There are calculations to be found in the forums on this subject.

– Diamond Farming just means more work for a period of time till you got a WW farm up and running – then it can turn (by player choice) into a dayli easy collect with that chance of winning some diamonds – The more WWs the merrier. 5-6 WWs aint gonna cut it, which is why you have not experienced it yet. Btw it is also adviced from top players not to have WWs in your main city and to have them in farms instead.

– GE level 4 – yes quite good chances to win more diamonds than spending doing it (if any at all).

FOE is still a free to play game and what makes players buy diamonds are amongst other things based on the mistakes they make early on in the game and for some continuing to do even later in the game.

2nd is naturally the need to surpass your competitors, to win that Building in top level etc. – its a choice – Any player have to realize that their is no final price to win in this game – if you are ranked No. 1 on a Server then what? – you are not getting any special price for that – let that sink in for moment.

Early on I played in a No Diamonds Guild which was still ranking in top 10 on the Arvahall server. That time it was calculated that players not using diamonds would be about 3 weeks behind players using diamonds. I am sure its not exactly like this anymore, but facts are that the game can be played without buying diamonds, the only one to decide are the individual player him er herself. Want to grow really fast – then learn how to harvest Diamonds, or buy some or simply just take your time to play the game.

And there is no reason to bash on top players – Most of them have been around since the game started – so they learned how to play the game to their outmost atvantage – ever heard about a game where it is not like that?.

And what is wrong with world farming ? – Nobody is restricted from doing it. If you have enough time then you can do it. If you do not have enough time chances are that you properly work, so you choose the easier option – to buy your way through.

Last edited: