• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Upcoming changes to Diamond Packages

DeletedUser6974

you can't be serious FOE ????
you really think this is smart marketing / customer service.??
charge the same $$$$'s while getting less for their money???
whos brilliant marketing idea is this??
its a sure way of driving away customers, not gaining customer sales!!
its like a restaurant charging $3 for a serving of french fries and then announcing "hey everybody! we are still going to charge you $3 but you only get half the fries!!." ....and i bet they expect their customers to say......" wow! brilliant decision!!"....LMAO

DeletedUser114342

Raised this issue with my guild, almost ALL of the advanced players have said that NONE of them ever bought diamonds but have stockpiled THOUSANDS. Most from doing GE4 AND world farming. Some stating that wishing wells also give diamonds, although I personally have 5-6 and have NEVER seen a diamond from one. The "balancing" Inno are describing is being applied to the wrong area, they should be looking at these BIG GE4 payouts and, more importantly, WORLD FARMING!

If the prices increase, I'm out and I don't think I would be the only one.

Are you serious? Stock piling diamonds from world farming and completing GE level 4 takes a lot of effort to get it to a stage where you can earn diamonds regularly. It is much easier to BUY diamonds then to do it this way... (which is an option that is available for everyone).

So kudos to all that have stock piled a large amount of diamonds this way.

DeletedUser116525

If you have chateau frontenac at just level 10 you get 150% bonus.
If you start a new world you will get the starter offer, 6500 diamonds & 40 FP for $49.99 plus 500 free diamonds for 7 days which goes into story quest section, buy the starter package in your main world.

With L10 CF it brings it up to 1250 free diamonds a day = 8750 free diamonds
Total 15,200 diamonds for $49.99
Simple

DeletedUser116469

I'm from Australia, and a purchase of $49.00 = $70 on the exchange rate plus $2 extra for bank charges. I have been limiting my diamond purchases, but shall stop altogether and probably leave the game. Such a shame - the logical option is to INCREASE the diamonds, not take away. Simple.

DeletedUser110425

Some price changes have been announced and you can read about it here. Please feel free to post your comments and questions below
So why can't INNO just tell me how many diamonds I will recieve for $ 19.99 with this change. I could care less about percentages. So how many

DeletedUser116921

I've wasted too many diamonds in the first month in this game..about 20,000 maybe more. PRICE INCREASING is not popular but we have to accept it in most cases. and re-balance our investment and expenditure.
GASOLINE price kept raising up recently and I think I have to abandon my car to save money for MORE DIAMONDS IN GAME.:P

DeletedUser116921

you can't be serious FOE ????
you really think this is smart marketing / customer service.??
charge the same $$$$'s while getting less for their money???
whos brilliant marketing idea is this??
its a sure way of driving away customers, not gaining customer sales!!
its like a restaurant charging $3 for a serving of french fries and then announcing "hey everybody! we are still going to charge you $3 but you only get half the fries!!." ....and i bet they expect their customers to say......" wow! brilliant decision!!"....LMAO
But it's not like french fries that you can turn to another seller.
myself is a small businessman and i know if I raise 10% in price I'll lose 40% customers or more. But to be honest, there is no "ANOTHER CHEAP FRENCH FRIES RESTAURANT" in online-game market worldwide.

DeletedUser99950

Add this to how BP are not randomly distributed on key GB rewards and it is pure greed, will not be buying diamonds from now on. Not even at the existing prices.

DeletedUser107470

Love a heap of the comments here, In reality think the marketing person went to Avergers End Gane, got sucked into buying the extra large pop corn and coke, because of perceived better value even though they didn’t need it. Realising how stupid they had been when they couldn’t finish the food came back to FoE and decided to apply the same marketing strategy to FoE in the hope that we are just as stupid.

Think the biggest joke of this is the explanation for the change. Sometime just better to do it without explanation, but hey inno could not resist the hard sell,

Deleted member 109369

InnoGames you may want to recheck your prices stated in the forum, There is no £49.99 package in the shop. There is a £48.99 package?

The packages in the announcement reflect US, EUR packages as those are the most used on this server. Your package depends on your geolocation though so depending on where you are, there are different packages, for example

EUR 9.99, 19.99, 49.99
GBP 9.99, 19.99, 48.99
USD 9.99, 19.99, 49.99
CAD 9.99, 27.99, 69.99

Deleted member 109369

Uhm what? Does this random thing: "happy Anniversary, we been going for seven years so lets now make things worse for the people who actually support us" really need to happen?

The diamond rates are already poor, they have been poor for ages, there is different prices depending on even mobile/Browser and completely different prices if you are international. Since I am in Australia the rates are poor, even poorer in other countries.

Diamonds should be increasing in the packages to make up for the prices, this would cause more people to buy them, right? Since you get more out of the packs so they feel more worth the price?

And now for my real question:

Does this effect the Diamond starter packages we get when we roll a new world?

No, it affects the three packages listed. It doesn't affect the starter packages

DeletedUser108359

The packages in the announcement reflect US, EUR packages as those are the most used on this server. Your package depends on your geolocation though so depending on where you are, there are different packages, for example

EUR 9.99, 19.99, 49.99
GBP 9.99, 19.99, 48.99
USD 9.99, 19.99, 49.99
CAD 9.99, 27.99, 69.99

Im in South Africa, translate that into S.A Rands..... :(:(:(

DeletedUser108359

got sucked into buying the extra large pop corn and coke

bigger bottle.jpg
:lol::lol::lol:

DeletedUser112017

EUR 9.99, 19.99, 49.99
GBP 9.99, 19.99, 48.99
USD 9.99, 19.99, 49.99
CAD 9.99, 27.99, 69.99

That could have been announced too that it affects only EUR and USD prices?

I still wonder how it's possible to sell some packages to UK customers for ~5% more tho...

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citize...#shortcut-3-price-discrimation-is-not-allowed

If they get 5800 diamonds for 49 GBP, and we get 5800 diamonds for 50 EUR that means it's approx:
GBP ~ 102 diamonds per EUR (mean rate GBP - EUR)
EUR ~ 116 diamonds per EUR

With upcoming nerf of diamonds per package, for same amount of money (49 GBP and 50 EUR), if GBP packages are not touched, only EUR and USD it will mean:
GBP ~ 102 diamonds per EUR
EUR ~ 100 diamonds per EUR (it will be 5000 diamonds for 50 EUR)

By the looks of it, the reasoning behind those changes wasn't some "vague balancing", but fixing a gap between different pricing for different currencies? I didn't calculate in USD prices as I don't know how much their packages do cost (how many diamonds they get for 50 USD).

I think you could have avoided calls for a boycott and any possible backslash by being transparent why this change came into place, what's exactly being balanced.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112017

No it doesn't only affect US, EUR packages. We simply put the two most commonly used in the announcement.

Ok so 49 GBP package will also be nerfed with the same percentage, which means gap will stay, they will get fewer diamonds per spent EUR (mean rate).

It will mean:
If you're paying in EUR you will get ~ 100 diamonds per EUR, if you're paying in GBP, you'll get ~88 diamonds.

Maybe give an option to everyone to pay in the currency of their choice? :)

DeletedUser112017

Btw, just to give my 5 cents (which is appropriate as I gave way more than 5 cents LOL). I frankly don't care about this price increase. I'll buy diamonds when I feel like it, that difference in price is not high enough to deter most of the diamond buyers.

I'm only writing on this topic as a protest because there is a lack of clarity of that announcement. After all:
a) diamonds buyers are financially supporting this game (both players and Inno of course), we are making it happen - that's a fact no one can deny, for the whole ecosystem of FoE to work non-diamond buyers are equally important as buyers, and Inno is doing a good job at trying not to make it a pay-to-win game, but still diamond buyers are supporting financially, non-diamond buyers are keeping a game active so diamond-buyers have a reason to spend money
b) diamond buyers are less than 10% of overall player-base (or approx that number), so just some clarity/transparency provided for that minority would be great - and that's all I'm asking for

Deleted member 109369

Ok so 49 GBP package will also be nerfed with the same percentage, which means gap will stay, they will get fewer diamonds per spent EUR (mean rate).

It will mean:
If you're paying in EUR you will get ~ 100 diamonds per EUR, if you're paying in GBP, you'll get ~88 diamonds.

Maybe give an option to everyone to pay in the currency of their choice? :)

Payment systems involving a broad reach of countries and currencies are quite complex systems as the current values and exchange rates of different currencies, as well as payment methods, charges etc. need to be considered.

Some countries for example don't offer paypal as a payment method, and the RUB for example is quite low compared to the GBP or the EUR. Therefore they may get more Diamonds for less money from the perspective of a person paying with EUR, but not from the view of someone living in Russia.

You payment country depends on your location and therefore also the currency used to pay for Diamonds. This can not be changed in order to avoid exploits for a much lower currency rate.

DeletedUser115919

So the people who will be hit most by this decision are the little guys who dont have much disposable income to buy diamonds with in the first place - sounds like "the rich get richer, the poor get poorer" to me and its always the way - nice work.....not! You can try justifying it any way you like but at the end of the day it boils down to wanting players to pay more for less and then you make sure you get them back as soon as possible by putting tasks up that cost diamonds in some way - i dont do much GE because you always want diamonds in the negotiations. From comments made by others that they dont use diamonds, I'm guessing there's some sort of algorithm or something going on that if a player has diamonds, you'll find a way of taking them from them. I say this because when i havent had diamonds, GE has not required diamonds in the negotiations! Basically it all sounds like a huge con to me and i'll be rethinking whether its worth playing this game when there are other games that dont charge anywhere near as much for "gems"!