• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unresearch a technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser109385

Proposal:
Unresearch a technology
Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? N/A
Reason:

Some players(like me) want to stay in a particular age when they don't want to move on to the next age, some quests including the ones YOU HAVE to do requires you to research a technology, if you research a technology then the player will move on to the next age which the players doesn't want, unresearching the technology will make them research that technology again so they can complete that particular quest.
Details:
When unresearching the player will not get anything back, no forge points or goods just to avoid making the game easier.
Visual Aids:

Balance:
Don't have much to say about it
Abuse Prevention:
There is actually abuse, when a player from a higher age has built barracks of units of that high age the player will then unresearch all the way to lower ages so they can abuse that neighborhood with their high age units so here is a way to prevent it, when the player does unresearch along with their higher age units all the way to lower age units then their units damage and defense is going to lower more and more as they lower through ages to make it fair for the lower age players.

Summary:
IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE IDEA PLEASE EXPLAIN IN DETAIL WHY.

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-25_21-3-46.png
    upload_2016-7-25_21-3-46.png
    287.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109385

How to improve: Delete the post.
Well I am definitively not improving my post by doing that, why don't you like the idea explain to me in detail.
And don't you actually read? I made it clear in the summary to explain it to me in detail of why don't you like the idea not give me a single sentence of improvement which is not worth it.

DeletedUser97688

And don't you actually read? I made it clear in the summary to explain it to me in detail of why don't you like the idea not give me a single sentence of improvement which is not worth it.

Oh, I read it. If I hadn't, you wouldn't have even got that.

DeletedUser109385

Oh, I read it. If I hadn't, you wouldn't have even got that.
You still have not explained to me in detail why don't you like this idea.

Solution is:
Don't follow quests
Don't do events

You have a choice.
Doing quests is part of the game, I honestly don't see any reason why people should reject this idea.

If people start disliking ideas without giving an explanation of why (like Rowan47) then I am just going to think all of you guys are begin grumpy and just vote without thinking.

DeletedUser97688

Doing quests is part of the game, I honestly don't see any reason why people should reject this idea.

Progressing through the eras is also part of the game - stop trying to pick and choose bits to play whilst keeping the benefits from the parts you want to scrap. If you want to stay in a low era, stay in a low era. But accept the limitations of that era, and stop demanding that the Inno fairy leave you an Arctic Future Champions' Retreat under your pillow every weekend.

DeletedUser109385

Progressing through the eras is also part of the game - stop trying to pick and choose bits to play whilst keeping the benefits from the parts you want to scrap. If you want to stay in a low era, stay in a low era. But accept the limitations of that era, and stop demanding that the Inno fairy leave you an Arctic Future Champions' Retreat under your pillow every weekend.
I don't what's wrong with unresearching, you are just exaggerating.

I actually do accept the limitations of that era for your information, however doing quests INCLUDING the ones YOU HAVE TO DO requires sometimes researching a technology like explained above and how am I suppose to complete them If I can't research a technology? I really want to complete quests you know, "stop trying to pick and choose bits to play whilst keeping the benefits from the parts you want to scrap" don't tell me what to do:mad: and you still really have not explained to me in detail why don't you like this idea. :mad: I actually don't get any benefits from the era I am in, weak units, low population, limited expansion.....does that sound like benefits to you?

DeletedUser108379

I actually do accept the limitations of that era for your information,
I actually don't get any benefits from the era I am in, weak units, low population, limited expansion.....does that sound like benefits to you?

Well, for me it does not look like you accept the limitations your choice to not advance through the ages put on your play.
The game is meant to advance through the ages. So if you choose not to do so, you play a bit against the spirit of the game. You can choose to do so, but there are limitations to that. One of that limitations is, that you cannot fulfill all quests, and cannot succeed in all events. That the price you have to pay for your choice.

And if you do not have any benefit from staying in the era you are in, why do you stay then? I think you have many benefits from that in comparison to other players of that same era who play according the game, as it was designed. For example your GB will be much higher and thinks like that.

Well to resume all that, I am against your idea

DeletedUser97688

The game is meant to advance through the ages. So if you choose not to do so, you play a bit against the spirit of the game. You can choose to do so, but there are limitations to that. One of that limitations is, that you cannot fulfill all quests, and cannot succeed in all events. That the price you have to pay for your choice.

Exactly.

DeletedUser109385

Well, for me it does not look like you accept the limitations your choice to not advance through the ages put on your play.

And if you do not have any benefit from staying in the era you are in, why do you stay then? I think you have many benefits from that in comparison to other players of that same era who play according the game, as it was designed. For example your GB will be much higher and thinks like that.

Well to resume all that, I am against your idea
I only have 2 worlds, one is that I do advance through the ages and the other is not advancing through ages, so are you guys saying this is making the game easier?

DeletedUser97688

I only have 2 worlds, one is that I do advance through the ages and the other is not advancing through ages, so are you guys saying this is making the game easier?

No, we are saying that if you want to stay in a low era then you have to sacrifice your ability to complete tech quests. That's it.

DeletedUser109385

No, we are saying that if you want to stay in a low era then you have to sacrifice your ability to complete tech quests. That's it.
I guess you are partially right, I know what you guys might think this idea is not a big deal.......

DeletedUser97166

Personally I feel that this could be abused with other quests no just in events.

joesoap

Major-General
you havent explained what the process to unresearch would be, and can any research be unresearched, eg could i decide to just unresearch 1 of the early cheap tecs & research it again for a quest/event, or does it have to the last 1 you researched or 1 from the last tier of completed research

DeletedUser12400

We really don't need to explain why we don't like particular ideas. You can ask and we can kindly refuse. Its not good or bad.. Its just the way it is.. In my opinion this makes the game easier and should be even in the list - Don't Suggest. I just see Huge Abuse..
unresearching the technology will make them research that technology again so they can complete that particular quest.

DeletedUser17143

How would expansion tech research but unsearched if the expansion has been used?
What if a buildings/deco has been built for a research you want to un-search? And if its an age head after unsearching?
If you move into new age and want to move back, does GB's producing goods move back as well?
What if an event building is won after moving into new age , does it stay for that age or move down an age after unsearching?

There is so many things that would need to be addressed and the amount of time/coding Inno would have to do, we could get a few new ages instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.