• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Units to remain as unattached when factory sold

DeletedUser111576

so I think it’s not fair that you spent time and money to train units say Assault tanks and then you want to replace it with say anti aircraft tanks, when you sell the factory all your trained/built units disappear

Given it takes a long time for the new army to build and train, this leaves your city vulnerable and without defence sometimes.

I think it makes sense those available units to become unattached at least (or at most)

Note, these kind of unattached units should not be included in production of Alcatraz

Also we can limit the number of remaining units to 4 to avoid players from building and selling military factories and as long as those four units are there, selling another factory won’t keep their units as unattached

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad23

Emperor
without defence sometimes.
am neutral on this one if you do GE and or have a Traz you should never be with-out troops to place in def but it's kind of sad those troops go to waist when you sell building if you want a go around
for that :
use the troops befor selling building then sell building once building is empty and always do your GE you'll get what you want if you follow the steps i just gave you

Last edited:

DeletedUser111576

am neutral on this one if you do GE and or have a Traz you should never be with-out troops to place in def but it's kind of sad those troops go to waist when you sell building if you want a go around
for that : use the troops befor selling building then sell building once building is empty and always do your GE you'll get what you want if you follow the steps i just gave you

Well, even Traz takes time to give you more units.

Also in real world, if you stop your aircraft factory that doesn’t mean you’re going to get rid of all the airplanes you have built but that means there will be no support or maintenance for them.

Thanks for the advice but a lot of time you’re in a situation that you can’t do any of those and at the same time you have to change your army.

Anyway it’s not just about a defenceless city but it’s more about your assets in the game and also a behaviour that doesn’t make sense.

Please vote up if you agree with this suggestion

Thanks

DeletedUser96901

would decrease the value of Alcatraz

in the non-fighting time it would be too easy to build a big unattached army for the time you need them for example on the world map

Well, even Traz takes time to give you more units.
and many FP

this idea would create a lot of unattached units only with recruiting and then selling the building

DeletedUser111576

would decrease the value of Alcatraz

in the non-fighting time it would be too easy to build a big unattached army for the time you need them for example on the world map

and many FP

this idea would create a lot of unattached units only with recruiting and then selling the building

I see your points but

First, even if you create many unattached units, they’re unattached anyway and once dead they’re gone.

Second, building a factory is not cheap, you spend time, coins, tools. Higher levels are even more expensive so if someone wants to make an army this way, they won’t achieve it without cost. Having said that if that’s a real worry, there can be a limit of four to avoid those naughty players :)

Third, these kind of unattached units should not be included in production of Alcatraz.

I don’t think this decreases the value of Alcatraz, as Alcatraz is continuously giving you unattached units

Agent327

Overlord
so I think it’s not fair that you spent time and money to train units say Assault tanks and then you want to replace it with say anti aircraft tanks, when you sell the factory all your trained/built units disappear

Given it takes a long time for the new army to build and train, this leaves your city vulnerable and without defence sometimes.

I think it makes sense those available units to become unattached at least (or at most)

Thank you

That would be a great way to gather unattached and more units. Train them, sell the building and start over again.

Shad23

Emperor
changed my vote from neutral to -1
Second, building a factory is not cheap, you spend time, coins, tools. Higher levels are even more expensive so if someone wants to make an army this way,
some players are so rich they can't spend all their coins and suplys
First, even if you create many unattached units, they’re unattached anyway and once dead they’re gone.
so just follow my advice use the troops then sell building you won't loose them for nothing
Third, these kind of unattached units should not be included in production of Alcatraz.
that's not the point , makes it prity useless except for rogue production , if you can do what you'v said players won't need the traz to produce an armada of un-attached units wich would decreases the value of Alcatraz

Emberguard

Legend
Depending on lvl of Alcatraz it'd be quicker to build, train and delete the barracks then to raise up the Alcatraz.

I'd love it for training an army of sticks for GvG :D But totally broken

Also we can limit the number of remaining units to 4 to avoid players from building and selling military factories and as long as those four units are there, selling another factory won’t keep their units as unattached
Only way this is possible is if the "unattached units" from deleted buildings have a completely different designation and marking from unattached units gathered any other way. Otherwise how are you even going to tell which unit was from the building?

Overall I don't see this becoming a feature. It's just too easy to use it to produce more troops inbetween GEs then what you can currently produce

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
-1 unfortunately the idea has to many ways of exploitation and in general would make game easy ... you could basicly be able to take 2 typs of troops worth having ... then you would have 8 units total and with enough of rogues and boosts you could do what ever you want ... so i really don't see this as good ....