• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Units on the battlefield

DeletedUser

Just a heads up, highlighting certain words makes them very difficult to actually read :p

Decoder

Warrant Officer
This is good, but some of us may want to print it, so the dark background use a lot of toner.

DeletedUser176

This is good, but some of us may want to print it, so the dark background use a lot of toner.
Again: This chart is obsolete, lots of things have changed recently. Terrain bonus depends on certain unit, cavalry can move everywhere etc.

Except for cavalry the movement part may still be correct, but for new terrain bonus details look here: Military buildings and units
Not as pretty as this, but with the new system it can't be.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
I see terrain bonus, but not terrain movement.
It could also use cost analysts. Yes a flag gives you more than a tree but for what extra cost?!

DeletedUser176

I see terrain bonus, but not terrain movement. That's what I said.
It could also use cost analysts. Yes a flag gives you more than a tree but for what extra cost?! The costs are pretty easy to find right next to them, I think everyone can do that math...
See yellow text; for discussion about that guide use its topic ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser556

Sorry to jump in but has anyone checked the movement cost lately?

The table seems correct for the most part but I can't be 100% sure.
Grass and bush/tree movement cost seems correct.
But I tried to calculate the movement cost on battlefield with all units and I must say that mountain, swamp have a movement cost of 6, not 4. Hills have 4 movement cost.

Also Cavalry can walk over anything except for Mountains.

Can you confirm this?