• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Units on the battlefield

DeletedUser2450

The table below shows attack/defense bonuses and movement costs for each unit (light melee/heavy melee/fast/short range/long range) on every field type (plain/rocks/hills/bushes/forests/swamps/water).
Dark cell - unit can't stand on that field (unless it has 16777215 movement points).
Green cell - unit has attack or defense bonus.

foeunitsterrain.png

Feel free to post the table on your national FoE forums (no translation necessary - I used icons instead of text).

DeletedUser2101

Thanks for taking the time to figure this out! I knew most of it but some of it I didn't! This will help out a lot of people :)

DeletedUser

some changes

I notice today that some changes were made:
Soldier have +4 defense bonus in forest and +3 defense bonus in bushes
Legionnaire have +4 defense bonus on grassland.
I am sorry but I don't know the bonuses from other light melee or heavy units.
Also today I notice that all the units have less Attack after the unit is beeing hit on the same terrain. For examples: 4-6 with full hp on grassland and 2-5 with only 1 hp point.

Excellent thread:D

DeletedUser176

I notice today that some changes were made:
Soldier have +4 defense bonus in forest and +3 defense bonus in bushes
Legionnaire have +4 defense bonus on grassland.
I am sorry but I don't know the bonuses from other light melee or heavy units.
Also today I notice that all the units have less Attack after the unit is beeing hit on the same terrain. For examples: 4-6 with full hp on grassland and 2-5 with only 1 hp point.

Excellent thread:D
1. Wounded units do less damage - no matter where they're standing. It's a logical bahaviour on one hand, a long since implemented feature on the other.
2. With 0.17 this table has become obsolete. Except a few numbers seriously the whole thing is for keelhaul. Was exceptional its time, no doubt, but no longer of any worth unfortunately...

DeletedUser176

what are movement points?
Can someone explain please?
It's about how many fields a unit can move on the battlefield. Look at the popups ingame, a spearfighter hast 14 movement-points for example. Substract two, and then apply the table - it's not accurate anymore though, due to changes with the recent updates.

DeletedUser

All units have a limited amount of hexes they can travel during their turn. The amount they can travel are called their movement points.
Movement Points can be decreased depending on the map.
Swamp, rocks and hills decrease the amount of movement points a unit has.

- L

DeletedUser5523

How can someone have those 16777.... whatever it was movement points?

Surge

Brigadier-General
How can someone have those 16777.... whatever it was movement points?

Quite simple really: you can't. It's just an indication that it IS POSSIBLE only if you had that many points on your unit to cross a specific terrain. It's like saying "Hey, I got this bronze dagger for 10 Quid, this bronze longsword for 45 Quid, and this Titanium-plated Uranium-core longsword, which you possibly can't buy, for 25 trillion Quid." You CAN buy that, but you just need trucks full of 24 karat gold to buy this thing.

DeletedUser176

Quite simple really: you can't. It's just an indication that it IS POSSIBLE only if you had that many points on your unit to cross a specific terrain. It's like saying "Hey, I got this bronze dagger for 10 Quid, this bronze longsword for 45 Quid, and this Titanium-plated Uranium-core longsword, which you possibly can't buy, for 25 trillion Quid." You CAN buy that, but you just need trucks full of 24 karat gold to buy this thing.
...which is one of the reasons why that table is outdated: Cavalry can pass every terrain now, except for water.