• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Units far more advanced than players era

vikingraider

Emperor
I've just moved in to a new hood and have just been attacked by a player with a champion 3 era's above his current age. I was just wondering how a player can have units several ages in front?

LadyHecate

Major-General
I've just moved in to a new hood and have just been attacked by a player with a champion 3 era's above his current age. I was just wondering how a player can have units several ages in front?
By following, and completing, the quests on the campaign map story for those higher Ages whilst not actually progressing into those respective Ages/Eras on the tech tree. There are generally a few quests associated with each of the Ages/Eras of the campaign map that award unattached troops of the respective Age/Era; although not always the case. For example, my city on L is only CE but in following the campaign quests I have progressed well into the TE map and in doing so have at least 2 (if not more) of each of the TE troops.

DeletedUser110195

One age above is common, two ages above would be pushing it but three ages above? And champions? Those don't get awarded by quests, at least none I have seen. There's almost always a stumbling block to prevent players from having units more than one age above their own in the form of 'build/train x number of whatever from whatever age' or research something of that age.

DeletedUser110434

I am in PE and have one PME champ and four PME commandos. I acquired them as mentioned above.

DeletedUser110195

I am in PE and have one PME champ and four PME commandos. I acquired them as mentioned above.
I guess you wouldn't be a mod if you didn't know the game inside and out. ;)
I'm still at InA, so that explains why I haven't encountered quest rewards giving champions. I actually looked into the possibility of getting PE units while still at colonial, but that took a peaceful path that I wasn't willing to do.

DeletedUser110434

I guess you wouldn't be a mod if you didn't know the game inside and out. ;)
I'm still at InA, so that explains why I haven't encountered quest rewards giving champions. I actually looked into the possibility of getting PE units while still at colonial, but that took a peaceful path that I wasn't willing to do.

Well, I got these troops long before I was a mod. I got to looking at the Wiki page and reading ahead on all the quests. Once I saw I could end up with PME troops, I worked out a plan for each quest and saved up the resources to make it happen. The commandos make me quite a force for attacking PE cities, and the PME champ is terrific on defense, often taking more than 10 direct hits to kill.

However, in my other two worlds, I have not gotten THIS far ahead, but I have a CA city with IndA troops and an LMA city with CA troops.

Interestingly, I have found that the Commandos do not help me all that much on GE, but as I said, they are brutal on hoodies. Work ahead on the game map and the quests, and you can get the advanced troops as well.

DeletedUser110195

I didn't mean you know the game well because you're a mod, but rather that you're a mod because you know the game well(after all you need to be knowledgeable of how the game works to answer questions).

I'm constantly working on regions ahead of my age for that reason, I knew it was feasible to have units 2 ages above, hard but possible, but 3 ages seemed to be a bridge too far.

DeletedUser108688

I'm Indy age on Jaims with: PE conscripts and fast units. ME paratroopers and bazooka teams. PME MG teams. No champs tho :(
I'm wondering if I can get CE units?

vikingraider

Emperor
Thanks for the replies.

One age above is common, two ages above would be pushing it but three ages above? And champions? Those don't get awarded by quests, at least none I have seen. There's almost always a stumbling block to prevent players from having units more than one age above their own in the form of 'build/train x number of whatever from whatever age' or research something of that age.

Yes. I've just moved in to IndA so I knew this week would be tough. But I didn't expect to be attacked by a PME champion. As other posts have said, the player must have won it through quests, but 3 levels in front is impressive.

Well, I got these troops long before I was a mod. I got to looking at the Wiki page and reading ahead on all the quests. Once I saw I could end up with PME troops, I worked out a plan for each quest and saved up the resources to make it happen. The commandos make me quite a force for attacking PE cities, and the PME champ is terrific on defense, often taking more than 10 direct hits to kill.

Thanks for that tip. I'll read ahead to see which quests are coming so I might be able to win some more advanced units.

LadyHecate

Major-General
I'm Indy age on Jaims with: PE conscripts and fast units. ME paratroopers and bazooka teams. PME MG teams. No champs tho :(
I'm wondering if I can get CE units?
I'm not aware of any of the CE campaign map quests awarding unattached CE troops, however, the TE map quests do award at least two of each troop quite early on and there's a TE Champ later on too.

DeletedUser110179

I got to looking at the Wiki page and reading ahead on all the quests. Once I saw I could end up with PME troops, I worked out a plan for each quest and saved up the resources to make it happen.
Awesome ...

I'm in HMA and rarely get attacked, winning the PvP Tower on GE alone ... Advanced troops would be loads of fun.

I have scouted well into CA.