• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Units 4 Eras above ?

Galladhorn

Monarch
Hi,

Is it possible to win or in anyway gain units that are several Eras above a players current Era ?

and if, please explainhow?

Thanks, question came up in a idea thread....

DeletedUser

You can by exploring the world map and solving story quests whose reward is troops above your age.

DeletedUser110195

No, much to my disappointment, the most you can do is 3 above....someone past the end of the postmodern story quests feel free to correct me if it is indeed possible to get oceanic future units while in contemporary era or even arctic or oceanic from postmodern(the story quest I'm held back by in my progressive era main world doesn't require you to leave postmodern, but little or nothing else will be available for 'research something' story quests)

If you stop at industrial, after just getting the goods techs, and be extremely conservative with researching things, as in, don't do it unless you absolutely must and try to do so in a way that opens up other things you'll have to research, you can go to postmodern from there. To my knowledge, biggest gap possible between the age you are and the age of units you possess.

DeletedUser107476

No, much to my disappointment, the most you can do is 3 above....someone past the end of the postmodern story quests feel free to correct me if it is indeed possible to get oceanic future units while in contemporary era or even arctic or oceanic from postmodern(the story quest I'm held back by in my progressive era main world doesn't require you to leave postmodern, but little or nothing else will be available for 'research something' story quests)

If you stop at industrial, after just getting the goods techs, and be extremely conservative with researching things, as in, don't do it unless you absolutely must and try to do so in a way that opens up other things you'll have to research, you can go to postmodern from there. To my knowledge, biggest gap possible between the age you are and the age of units you possess.

There have been a few cases of getting units 4 eras above own in last couple of months both on beta and en.

DeletedUser110195

There have been a few cases of getting units 4 eras above own in last couple of months both on beta and en.
That would have to be from postmodern to arctic, or contemporary to oceanic...you get roadblocked by the tower ruin quest in late middle, another one in colonial and finally one in the progressive story quests that asks for tarmac roads, avenues or 2 police stations, confirming that industrial age city is the earliest you can get postmodern units.

DeletedUser107476

That would have to be from postmodern to arctic, or contemporary to oceanic...you get roadblocked by the tower ruin quest in late middle, another one in colonial and finally one in the progressive story quests that asks for tarmac roads, avenues or 2 police stations, confirming that industrial age city is the earliest you can get postmodern units.
That is through story quests but you can get troops through side quests.

DeletedUser110195

That is through story quests but you can get troops through side quests.
I know, but side quests must follow your position in the tech tree or the story quests, or I'd have contemporary era side quests in my progressive main world.

DeletedUser107476

I know, but side quests must follow your position in the tech tree or the story quests, or I'd have contemporary era side quests in my progressive main world.
You have to follow certain sets of quests.

DeletedUser96901

Side quests become recurring quests at the end of every era, no matter what set you follow.
and at the beginning and at the middle of every era

recurring quests are available at every point of the research

Agent327

Overlord
and at the beginning and at the middle of every era

recurring quests are available at every point of the research

At the start of a new era you will get a new set of sidequests. If you start skipping them right away you will have recurring quests at the beginning of that era., but you only get a new line of sidequests when you go to the new era. There is no way you will get units from 4 ages above from sidequests.

DeletedUser110434

I realize this is old, but wanted to provide insight. I stumbled upon this by accident in Brisgard and thus did not take full advantage, but in Noarsil I planned it out by carefully studying the Wiki... So..

In Bris, I am CE with several OF troops. I have subs, crabs and eels. I also have a ton of AF surrogates and Tanks. Once I managed to get a quest reward of four FE hover tanks, the rest was easy as those tanks make fighting AF pretty easy. I had to negotiate a lot in later AF and early OF.

That puts the number at four eras ahead.

I wanted to know if it was possible to go even higher, so I was very careful in Noarsil with my tech tree and my quests. I planned it out quest by quest and followed the Wiki at every step. I have managed to be in IndA with three techs left to unlock, and I have 1 PME champ, 2 PME Rocket Artillary and 4 PME Commandos. That is three eras ahead.

However, the last PME quest is to unlock the last two PME military techs, so there is a tech block. I say the max for right now is four eras, but could change if the new era has any quests that pay troops.

DeletedUser109734

However, the last PME quest is to unlock the last two PME military techs, so there is a tech block. I say the max for right now is four eras, but could change if the new era has any quests that pay troops.

I happen to know you can get two CE helis without passing those two techs... someone in ME did it... so you should be able to (it's a side quest)
Also, necro RIP

Edit: Since the helis are a side quest, you should theoretically be able to get them while still in IA? Someone correct me if I'm wrong here?

Has anyone ever beaten the CE map while in IA?

Last edited by a moderator: