• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Unit Stacking Feedback Thread

Deleted member 127677

Just had my first Gbg race with this feature. Not only do the injured troops get in the way, you are actually checking which of your main troops you are going to select. May look simple when you have time, but during active game play, it isn’t.

Generally amazing option :) So much easier to find the units. I would put city defenders at the back of the list plus injured or give an option of hiding injured and they would be popping back hwen healed?
Option to hide damaged units would be fab. Or I'd be happy with a stack of a full health unit type, and a stack of damaged units with the 'healthiest' at the top. So that there was only one pile of damaged units, not a long row of them.

Last edited:

Scouser666

Private
Agree with the comments about injured troops. Although the healthy troops belonging to the selected era(s) stay to the left of the display, the injured troops are not summarised and gradually push the no age troops (rogues etc) of the right of the display. Either summarise them, or move the injured troops to the right of the no age troops or provide a switch to suppress display of them

kraeos

Private
At the moment it looks like a half cooked solution guys. Injured units should stack too otherwise this function is useless. Also the same units of defending army should stack as well.

Deleted member 127677

Reading Beta, once again, all this feedback was already given there, but it seems that it was pushed to live with no changes. Even with a delay to bringing it out. Why are you asking for feedback in beta or here if nothing is done to mitigate what that feedback tells you?

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I thought stacking would make it easier to delete large quantities of redundant units, but after 20 deletes from the stack, it stops working. This shouldn't have passed alpha testing let alone beta.

Go to settings and turn it off is my advice.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
so clean and uncluttered especially for GvG Thank you
so clean.jpg

and before anyone says but injured, 7 sectors later
7 sectors later.jpg

As most of the other replies have said and that the same complaints were made in beta the injured should be in one column and the units with a specific purpose should be in a single column or put them at the back of healthy units.
If these are sorted it will be the best thing introduced in ages and I will congratulate you

Bagoas

Private
Hey there everyone, we're changing up the Army Management unit stacking! Read all about it here and post any feedback below :)
This is an excellent new function. However, the wounded/damaged units are still cluttering the Army screen. Wounded/Damaged should also stack (least wounded on top), as an option.

Additionally the stacks should respond to the Attached/Unattached/All selection rather than have separate stacks for attached and unattached.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
so clean and uncluttered especially for GvG Thank you
and before anyone says but injured, 7 sectors later
View attachment 24867
But did the game lag between fights? I was getting some delay between fights, and the more I fought the more it seemed to delay while trying to deal with stack changes and injured.

You don't take much injury in PME certainly not with the kind of boost most people have 1500+ against 50-75%, sure, maybe try how it looks after 7 sectors of Indy or TE fighting because that's where you'd tend to get a lot of injured units.

I think I could get used to the stacking, even with the injured issue, but what I can't learn to cope with is a slower fighting response time.

C.Kowalski

Private
So it is now live and the ordering fixed and I can see the attraction but it is now noticibly slower to repopulate an army. Rogues appear one by one and noticibly slower when rapid clicking to replenish between battles

Update: Definitely slower with stacking.... 2.75 seconds longer to fill 8 rogues when stacked. When unstacked they appear almost as soon as they are clicked as if clicking speed was the limiting factor. When stacked they appear a lot slower (approx every 0.7 secs)

Last edited:

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
New feature is great but not sure why you removed the feature where when you
hover over a unit with the mouse it told you how many of that unit you have.
This total included injured units and the units in selection window, where as the new feature doesn't.