• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unfairness of Neg's VS Battle's in GbG

gusofnl

Private
I personnaly dona't agreed with the way Neg's are considered' as twice that of doing battle, i for one think they should be equal , I've worked year's building my city and my attck/defense GB's and collecting bonus bldg's, and here i'm out-gunned by folk's who just started and suck-up good's like there's no tomorrow, so they can negotiate their way to the top. lol

Draqone

Corporal
If anything Negs are undervalued.

You can battle 20 times in the time it takes to complete a single negotiation, even when using hotkeys. Not only that, negotations always have a cost while battles at low attrition are practically free.

If we are throwing out troll ideas, how about this though: Lets make Negs the same as battles but remove the ability to autobattle. It's unfair we can autobattle but can't autonegotiate!

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
I personnaly dona't agreed with the way Neg's are considered' as twice that of doing battle, i for one think they should be equal , I've worked year's building my city and my attck/defense GB's and collecting bonus bldg's, and here i'm out-gunned by folk's who just started and suck-up good's like there's no tomorrow, so they can negotiate their way to the top. lol
Taking sectors by negotiating is way more expensive than taking them by attacking.
The fact that you can negotiate much more before you reach "impossible" attrition levels is basically nullified by the fact that building Siege Camps with a fixed amount of goods makes you able to do much more "GbG encounters" in tremendously lower amount of time.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
If anything Negs are undervalued.

You can battle 20 times in the time it takes to complete a single negotiation, even when using hotkeys. Not only that, negotations always have a cost while battles at low attrition are practically free.

If we are throwing out troll ideas, how about this though: Lets make Negs the same as battles but remove the ability to autobattle. It's unfair we can autobattle but can't autonegotiate!
auto negotiate? remove autobattle? seriously? autobattles are far more different sort of thing than nego. autobattle is what makes GBG races possible, without that fighters (who rather go fighting then use goods) will be ruined in this game,

It's this simple.

With siege camps support you can make a 1000 attacks (points) per day (having where to attack ofc) that will cost you absolutely nothing. On the other side, no matter how many camps are there you are always spending goods with negotiations. How that can be even comparable ?

It is not about how fast you click or how long you have been building your city and collecting bonuses cause both type of players have spent years.

Anyway, I doubt there will ever be fair discussion on this since 95% of FOE players are fighters while rarely anyone decide to focus on goods production and defense.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
That's a rather distorted assumption.
Sure it is - but that is one of the bonuses in this game (as well as many others), players creating whatever stats they want to somehow warrant their frustration / demand / rant / happiness (and so on). It is rather amazing how so many players that post these kind of %age stats seem to know what other players do or want all the time. I imagine they must be pretty accurate though. ;)

Sure it is - but that is one of the bonuses in this game (as well as many others), players creating whatever stats they want to somehow warrant their frustration / demand / rant / happiness (and so on). It is rather amazing how so many players that post these kind of %age stats seem to know what other players do or want all the time. I imagine they must be pretty accurate though. ;)
Yeah, rather amazing how often players throw around assumptions as facts to back up their opinions.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Yes - negotiations should be given 4x the credit that Battles are given, due to the cost involved.
who cares in all honesty ? just so long as those players who get to the top by negs are not considered the best fighters as they clearly havent proved there ability to fight at all

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Absolutely true. Sitting down and hitting the Autobattle button hundreds of times definitely proves someone is a great fighter!
i agree but you know how people enjoy having bragging rights, there is only one way to prove your a champion in this game at indivdual level and that winning the pvp towers, at the end of each week the one who worked the hardest by secureing fights and points wins, and thankfully neg players dont have a look in

Emberguard

Legend
auto negotiate? remove autobattle? seriously? autobattles are far more different sort of thing than nego. autobattle is what makes GBG races possible, without that fighters (who rather go fighting then use goods) will be ruined in this game,
On continent maps you have “auto-negotiate“. If it were to be 1 advance instead of 2, that’d be the way to do it for negotiation. And it’s not that bad of an idea considering battles can be done with little to no cost while negotiations will always have a cost

Emberguard

Legend
Anyway, I doubt there will ever be fair discussion on this since 95% of FOE players are fighters while rarely anyone decide to focus on goods production and defense.
I’m not so sure this is true. Just because there’s no goods buildings from the techtree doesn’t mean a player isn’t focusing on goods, there’s other means to get goods.

I’d have thought the fighters are far more likely to out-produce in goods then a city focused solely on goods. Your troops can be used to produce goods. If I had to negotiate GE I’d be spending thousands of goods a week prior to the increased costs to lvl 4. So troops also save me producing additional thousands of goods per week. I’m not heavy questing and still have tens of thousands of each current age good in inventory

r21r

Major-General
I’m not so sure this is true. Just because there’s no goods buildings from the techtree doesn’t mean a player isn’t focusing on goods, there’s other means to get goods.
goods are the alpha and the omega on GBG !