• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unfair Advantage

• Thread starter DeletedUser4401
  • Start date

DeletedUser4401

Hi All

I know DIAMOND PURCHASE is a big part of this game and is how essentially Innogames make enough money to continue the game developement, i have purchased myself from time to time, however...

there are a couple of players in my neighborhood who have always dominated the pvp, attack daily, which im not really bothered about but my greivence is this...

how does anyone have a " fighting " chance of competing with such players when they clearly are paying their way through the game, they are already both nearly all the way through the progressive era, whats the point, the game is supposed to be challenging, trading, contributing FP's to GB's in order that you may receive some back to better your own GB's and P>M> to gain optimum motivation and happiness.

I have quite a strong defense as far as my army goes and i know you dont lose units when attacked but its just beyond belief that anyone would want to speed through the newest era, they will only soon be stuck again not acheiving anything other than pvp points, waiting for the next level or age,

personally, i havnt really started on the progressive yet as i dont want to rush through it, as i did with the industrial age but sometimes i think i should try to beat these players at their own game just to prove a point

I quite honestly dont think that is acheivable

Regards
MAL1701 :D

DeletedUser7719

It isn't achievable. The best players in this game (skill-wise) that I know also spend diamonds which gives them a major advantage and blow through ranks when they feel like it.

DeletedUser13805

Hi All

I know DIAMOND PURCHASE is a big part of this game and is how essentially Innogames make enough money to continue the game developement, i have purchased myself from time to time, however...

there are a couple of players in my neighborhood who have always dominated the pvp, attack daily, which im not really bothered about but my greivence is this...

how does anyone have a " fighting " chance of competing with such players when they clearly are paying their way through the game, they are already both nearly all the way through the progressive era, whats the point, the game is supposed to be challenging, trading, contributing FP's to GB's in order that you may receive some back to better your own GB's and P>M> to gain optimum motivation and happiness.

I have quite a strong defense as far as my army goes and i know you dont lose units when attacked but its just beyond belief that anyone would want to speed through the newest era, they will only soon be stuck again not acheiving anything other than pvp points, waiting for the next level or age,

personally, i havnt really started on the progressive yet as i dont want to rush through it, as i did with the industrial age but sometimes i think i should try to beat these players at their own game just to prove a point

I quite honestly dont think that is acheivable

Regards
MAL1701 :D

buy your diamonds and see how far up the rankings you go if its that easy you should be number 1 next week : )

DeletedUser3157

This game is business. Unfortunetly it doesn't make for very competative gaming. Unlike byeordie, best players I've met are all not big diamond spenders. I think there is a similar percentage of good players among both heavy diamond folk and minimal one, and since there is ony a very small percentage of heavy diamond folk anyways, it will be rather rare to meet such.

DeletedUser7719

The question is: how do you know someone is not a diamond player? I've got a natural history museum, revived many quest rogues, and have bought 3 diamond expansions, but I have never bought a single diamond. Vice versa, someone can only have normal buildings, but can secretly buy diamonds and use them to revive units, purchase expansions, or buy remaining BPs. I honestly don't even know who is the highest ranked non-diamond player in my world. (If I had to guess, maybe my neighbor DreamingX? He's currently ranked 12th in World F, but got himself all the way to rank 6 or 7 a few weeks ago)

DeletedUser3157

True. But I think you can make difference between a player who has perhaps bought some diamonds and/or collected diamonds ingame and from surveys etc, and a player who is a big spender with new diamond buildings every age.
Btw you can always count expansions. You can't always tell that way if someone is spending large, cause some total a lot ingame for free if they work for it, but with people who lack 10+ expansions from where they could be(u look at their advancement roughly and medals total), u can be usually pretty sure those aint :P

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13805

finished the ind age tech tree before i got my first castle i had to battle all that time agaisnt people who had a huge unfair advantage over me with there huge boosts they had from there castles but it didnt matter as i won most of the tower most of the time, it just took me a lot longer to do my run, now i have boosts from castles i see just how easy it really is when you have these things so i wouldnt worry to much about diamond players having an advantage, as if you have castles and there booseted up you have all you need to compete agaisnt anyone from number 1 downwards : )

DeletedUser

You don't need to have diamonds to complete the tech-tree quickly.

On my main account, I started IndA with 400FP saved up and spent 6 million coins to get through the IndA tech tree in 9 days (which was about the length of time it took me to gather the required goods); then I was back to donating to Great Buildings. Similarly, when PE was released, I had over 750FP saved up in the inventory and a couple of thousand of each of the lower age goods and have spent another (approx) 6 million coins and I'm now 50FP from completing the PE tech tree (which I could do in 5 minutes by spending more coins but I'm happy to wait). I haven't spent any diamonds on buying FP or in gathering any goods or FP packages.

You say that's easy - I say that the months of preparation for it (in gathering goods and FP packages) was the hard part and that I've put all the effort into completing the tech tree during the months before its released rather than in the months after. Once the tech tree is done then I'll start preparing for Alcatraz's release, for the next age and/or just helping out guild mates.

Last edited by a moderator: