• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unfair advantage for phone over pc ?

DeletedUser99588

lol still not playable for all players re-tryed HTML yesturday and it's still un-playable for me game runs to slow on HTML for me to switch to HTML i need flash to play otherwise game is so slow it's not playable

I can only use HTML with Chrome. It's like having a dial up connection with firefox.

Emberguard

Legend
And we come again to the same issue i am talking [...] this "whining" .... people in different situations need diffrent solutions and not bigger problems
agreed people need solutions. When people post the problems though they need to remove themselves from the problem so there's not a bunch of fluff added. Otherwise that fluff is in danger of becoming the focus of the discussion as there's a lot more need to read between lines to get to the point being made if it's all "I, I, I" instead of the actual problem.

The game should just allow us to type the amount we want to pay and press send, one transaction. If someone else gets in first, the person beaten should have their transaction rejected and their FPs refunded.
Refunded FPs? Can't imagine that happening. There's no way to differentiate between being "beaten" to it and wanting to put in an amount at a loss as it can't read your intentions. You'd essentially be programming the game not to take players at their word. Which if it's automatic could cause major problems. If it's manual withdrawal that's abuseable in the way of converting FP bar into FP packs and rather likely the GB would have already reached the next lvl if you both snipe each other at half the total.

Either it'd cause problems or it'd remove all risk which is normally tied into a players decision making

I can only use HTML with Chrome. It's like having a dial up connection with firefox.
That's my problem with Chrome on Wins 10. But Wins Edge works like a dream

DeletedUser96901

bad words / misunderstanding:
he wanted to say
if I want to donate 1k FP then those can fit in: will be done. if somebody was faster and only 999 FP (or less) left to donate then nothing will be donated
not like now: parts are donated. only the exact amount a player typed in or nothing

nothing will be removed/withdrawed from the GB because it wasn't in it. so it can't be abused

DeletedUser99588

bad words / misunderstanding:
he wanted to say
if I want to donate 1k FP then those can fit in: will be done. if somebody was faster and only 999 FP (or less) left to donate then nothing will be donated
not like now: parts are donated. only the exact amount a player typed in or nothing

nothing will be removed/withdrawed from the GB because it wasn't in it. so it can't be abused

Quite often players only put in the exact amount that secures a position. So two players can put in 180fp and only one gets the spot and the other gets the position below with the proposed change. If your putting them in manually you would notice someone else loading up at the same time and have the opportunity to stop. You just swap one problem for another. To be honest it doesn't bother me either way. The game is meant to be competitive which includes winning spots on GB's but the proposed change would please some (big spenders) just for the ease of filling GB's but a new batch of upset players would also follow.

@thanatos100 too late. I'm loving my Edge it's the only browser that doesn't have problems on this device.

Shame Microsoft are talking about redesigning it based on Chromium.

Emberguard

Legend
Shame Microsoft are talking about redesigning it based on Chromium.
that's a shame. It's current design is rather unique in its simplicity and has a handy feature I haven't found on other browsers without being crazy elaborate

Quite often players only put in the exact amount that secures a position
Yeah which under what the OP proposes if you're both after 1st would be the entire lvl done without any way of preventing massive lost prior to it lvl'ing up given you'd be typing the full amount in one go.

Now suppose instead of two players vying for 1st there's three players. Does the third get put into the next lvl or will it not go through at all without exiting and re-entering into the GB like how currently it won't allow more then the current lvl can have put in

DeletedUser96901

Quite often players only put in the exact amount that secures a position. So two players can put in 180fp and only one gets the spot and the other gets the position below with the proposed change.
then the new secure donation will be 181 FP :P

DeletedUser96901

it doesn't matter what a lvl it was

if 360 are missing you can go secure and give 181 or you can take the risk and give 180 if the proposed all or nothing donation of an exact amount would be implemented

and if you AND the other decide to go the risky way then: it was your decision. nobody else to blame
if the other would give 181 your 180 for 2nd wouldn't fit in and HE saved your ass

btw we had that exact problem a few days ago in the guild
2 app players donated at the same time for a 2nd place
and there was no way for them to stop. GB leveled up and both with the same amount of FP 2nd and 3rd

If your putting them in manually you would notice someone else loading up at the same time and have the opportunity to stop.
app players don't have that opportunity < 500 FP
and with 500 FP in the GB their could already be a big loss if he then must stop

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
FOE is a "strategy game" not a "real-time strategy" game.

A real-time strategy game, for example Starcraft, which by the way is where Zeratul is from, and by the way I am not Zeratul, I am just lucky to inherit his name... OK now a real-time strategy game requires not only proper planning but also speed, to "make decisions in split-second" and take action upon that decision, that's why the Grandmasters have an APM (actions per minute) of about 400 or 500, which means 7 or 8 keystrokes/clicks per second.

FOE is not like that, or is it? That's why for example, in FP Swap threads, you should first attach your GB, and then input the required amount into the previous GB; and in Arc Level80 Owners 190% Donation Thread, you first claim the spot you want to take, and then input the FPs.

@All

DeletedUser96901

and in Arc Level80 Owners 190% Donation Thread, you first claim the spot you want to take, and then input the FPs.
you missed a step
claim your spot, LOOK BACK IN THE MESSAGE IF SOMEBODY ELSE DID IT FASTER, donate

the one guy didn't make that and the crash happend

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
you missed a step
claim your spot, LOOK BACK IN THE MESSAGE IF SOMEBODY ELSE DID IT FASTER, donate

the one guy didn't make that and the crash happend

I know. But the "case in point" is already clear, with also the "refresh the message box" and what not.

--- Edit ---
OK you are right. "Claim" alone won't do, "look back" is also an essential step.

--- Edit again ---
To prevent clash of FP contribution, "claim" + "look back" are both required.
But as an example to support my argument that FOE is not about speed, "claim" alone is sufficient.

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

Yes they do. They can stop anytime.
you don't get the point

an app player going for a big donation will make his first (forced) stop at 500

sure he could stop at 50 and take a look what else happens in the GB. but are app player doing that ?