• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unfair advantage for phone over pc ?

DeletedUser102623

Sometimes I hate this game! On my pc putting lots of FPs into someone's GB, when someone zooms past me with a large number of FPs in one go; result = I end up losing out big time. Not fair that phone users can put loads in in one go whilst those of us on pc have to put them in 10 at a time, . . . . unfair advantage? . . . yes I think so :-(

. . . and I know it was originally done because of phone screen refresh latency, but now that phones are getting faster and faster, I think this problem needs re-looking at. Should be equal and fair for all, whether you are on phone or pc.

The game should just allow us to type the amount we want to pay and press send, one transaction. If someone else gets in first, the person beaten should have their transaction rejected and their FPs refunded. - Surely this is not beyond the technical abilities of the Game makers?

Sp32

Master Corporal
Also noticed this the other day when adding on my PC luckily no one overtook though but there have been a few cases where I've added the same time as someone else

+1 from me

Agent327

Overlord
Sometimes I hate this game! On my pc putting lots of FPs into someone's GB, when someone zooms past me with a large number of FPs in one go; result = I end up losing out big time. Not fair that phone users can put loads in in one go whilst those of us on pc have to put them in 10 at a time, . . . . unfair advantage? . . . yes I think so :-(

. . . and I know it was originally done because of phone screen refresh latency, but now that phones are getting faster and faster, I think this problem needs re-looking at. Should be equal and fair for all, whether you are on phone or pc.

The game should just allow us to type the amount we want to pay and press send, one transaction. If someone else gets in first, the person beaten should have their transaction rejected and their FPs refunded. - Surely this is not beyond the technical abilities of the Game makers?

You really think you are the first this ever happened to and you are inventing the wheel now?

Do a search and learn that what you propose is useless.

DeletedUser108359

blue position for buildings in move mode (works like red)...

This was something i wanted to ask about.
This is a REAL pain in the butt, on pc i can move stuff around easily, but on phone i have to have a blank space to move piece A, then put piece B in A's place then put B where i want it.
Is there a reason we dont have the blue ability on phone, ( is it perhaps not technically possible or have they just made it differently )

For those who are lucky enough to have PC and mobile its not too much of an issue, but a lot of the differences can be a major issue for players who only have access to one type of system.
I really think Inno should look more closely at trying to make the 2 forms more equal to each other.
Especially now with the very limited space on Cultural Settlements and the need to be constantly reworking the settlement.

Shad23

Emperor
Inno should look more closely at trying to make the 2 forms more equal to each other.
if they do eventualy make both equal i hope they'll bring GVG to mobile lol but to do that they would need to solve the lag issues first as there would be a lot more players fighting on GVG then now cause of all the players who used to not see GVG and would now see it , in my opinion it would bring a lot of action to GVG if APP players would see GVG

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Each platform has his own advantages and disadvantages.... we all know which each has ... and if Inno would want to remove them they could ... and even i hope they will ... but the question is when ... at least like 10 of the things could be done in one month ...

DeletedUser99588

I wonder how many 'it's so unfair threads we are going to get this year'.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I wonder how many 'it's so unfair threads we are going to get this year'.
I also wonder why do we even have forum ... if what ever thing one write is allways portrayed as complaining or in idea section if all and every idea is not worth the time ... i do i truly wonder why do you and any of us actually even bother ... i am 32 almoast and on thing i know i have learn is that you always need to ask why and also you allways need to try and ask ...

And debating about things that do have consequences on us as players is good ...as we also need to question and push inno to do better because they can .... it is useless if we don't .... and as long as there will not be equality, there will be situations someone will not be able to do something ...

Like let's say : why do PC players can go on global ranking in guild part and look at guild info while APP players can't? ; why do PC players can chek other players GBs even when they aren't friends/neighbours/guild mates ? ; why do PC players can also see for how manny levels is someone's GB open?

This is just some disadvantages APP players have every day ... me included in this as i simply can't afford to by my self a new PC ...

What we truly need here is more people asking to get good development to benefit all players and we need to do it in any forme ....

I truly hope that Inno as a company will truly start to do something as each day that they wait and do nothing about it , makes differences bigger ....

DeletedUser99588

I also wonder why do we even have forum ... if what ever thing one write is allways portrayed as complaining or in idea section if all and every idea is not worth the time ... i do i truly wonder why do you and any of us actually even bother ... i am 32 almoast and on thing i know i have learn is that you always need to ask why and also you allways need to try and ask ...

And debating about things that do have consequences on us as players is good ...as we also need to question and push inno to do better because they can .... it is useless if we don't .... and as long as there will not be equality, there will be situations someone will not be able to do something ...

Most the time they are not asking why but want something changed because it is an inconvenience to them. Rarely do they think the problem through to see if the changes they request will have an adverse effect on other players or seem to care if it does. Not many bother to check if the circumstance they have happened upon has already occurred and been discussed. They just want immediate gratification on the forum and then are aghast that they do not universally receive it.

Like let's say : why do PC players can go on global ranking in guild part and look at guild info while APP players can't? ; why do PC players can chek other players GBs even when they aren't friends/neighbours/guild mates ? ; why do PC players can also see for how manny levels is someone's GB open?

This is just some disadvantages APP players have every day ... me included in this as i simply can't afford to by my self a new PC ...[

If you understand the history of the game and its development it is quite apparent why such disparages occur. You can see that new elements of the game are open to both App and PC users. Unfortunately they put limited resources into closing the divide of some of the pre-app features. I imagine because some of those features are not used so much these days and maybe they would like to encourage players to use both PC and App.

The answer to all of those questions is that the App was created as an addition to playing on the PC rather than a replacement. As phones become more powerful that might change or the developers may well steer the game to features that work well for both PC and App converging the two.

What we truly need here is more people asking to get good development to benefit all players and we need to do it in any forme ....

I truly hope that Inno as a company will truly start to do something as each day that they wait and do nothing about it , makes differences bigger ....

Inno will do as they always have done. The only time they listen, in the sense of engaging with players, is if there is an uproar across all the main servers with the likely effect of reducing revenue. Their development board is planned way ahead which is why it takes so long for what seems like easy changes to be implemented. Is this the way it should be? Maybe not but it is how the industry works and lets face it most of the time we as players can't agree on the ideas suggested. Personally I think there should be more feedback from Inno but it is unlikely to occur.

Last edited by a moderator:

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Yes i agree with moast that you said ... but here comes the problem that we shouldn't settle with these industry standards ... and it isn't always like that ... as i know a game that when they have been doing the app they included 99,9% stuff done on PC ... with maybe one or two things that they removed alltougether from the game ... and it can be done ...

I can also understand that app isn't replacement that it is addition.... but inno should also think that several hundred dollars to me to go and buy a new PC is biger percentage of my income , then maybe the same amount of money to them that could bring more good stuff then bad ... and it is like just some cosmetic changes to interface and how stuff is done ....

Agent327

Overlord

Ever considered that a PC has no limitations, but a phone has?

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Ever considered that a PC has no limitations, but a phone has?
Things I mentioned are things that has nothing to do with phone limitation.

Why do PC players can go on global ranking in guild part and look at guild info while APP players can't? - If when i am not in the guild and the place where usually guild members are , if i can go in to guild info by clicking the guild avatar, then it sure can be done for global list as well....

Why do PC players can chek other players GBs even when they aren't friends/neighbours/guild mates ? - if the same thing can be done to a GB that some random person posts in a thread even though you are not on any of there lists , you will be able to open it. Ok you will not be able to invest. But you would have a look and then more easily decide to send frend request or not. And also in global ranking when you click on avatar you do get set of basic things that can also include GBs.

Why do PC players can also see for how manny levels is someone's GB open? - Also one change that doesn't require a lot ... just on a first window of a GB it needs to say like 5 out of 25 showing how many levels is open ...

So as i say and mentioned, these things are all the things possible .....

And not to mention that even a phone from 2 years ago has so much power that it is even ridiculous to even talk about limitation ...

DeletedUser99588

Yes i agree with moast that you said ... but here comes the problem that we shouldn't settle with these industry standards ... and it isn't always like that ... as i know a game that when they have been doing the app they included 99,9% stuff done on PC ... with maybe one or two things that they removed alltougether from the game ... and it can be done ...

I can also understand that app isn't replacement that it is addition.... but inno should also think that several hundred dollars to me to go and buy a new PC is biger percentage of my income , then maybe the same amount of money to them that could bring more good stuff then bad ... and it is like just some cosmetic changes to interface and how stuff is done ....

If you can't afford a PC then make do with the App and vice versa. I can't afford a yacht but you don't see me winging about those enjoying the benefits while I faff around in my dingy.

In all seriousness though there are some good reasons (financial) for Inno to improve the App and bring it closer to the PC version where possible. The same as the PC could also benefit from some of the better aspects of the App. There have been more important things to do though, like get html version working for majority to name one. I have been using html for several weeks now which just wasn't possible back in the summer when I tried.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
If you can't afford a PC then make do with the App and vice versa. I can't afford a yacht but you don't see me winging about those enjoying the benefits while I faff around in my dingy.

In all seriousness though there are some good reasons (financial) for Inno to improve the App and bring it closer to the PC version where possible. The same as the PC could also benefit from some of the better aspects of the App. There have been more important things to do though, like get html version working for majority to name one. I have been using html for several weeks now which just wasn't possible back in the summer when I tried.
And we come again to the same issue i am talking about ..... one being what is important and what is not and this "whining" .... people in different situations need diffrent solutions and not bigger problems ... and also we come to the point and that is : don't do something that you do not do 100% ....

Additionally, about what is important... HTML is one thing that has been in taking from 2010 ...and if they do think a lot on advance, then it seams to me they don't work all that good ...

DeletedUser99588

And we come again to the same issue i am talking about ..... one being what is important and what is not and this "whining" .... people in different situations need diffrent solutions and not bigger problems ... and also we come to the point and that is : don't do something that you do not do 100% ....

The OP is moaning. Just read what they have written. It isn't even in the right part of the forum which the moderators should have dealt with by now. They haven't put much thought about the difficulties of coping with several players instantly trying to put large amount of fp's into a GB or the possible repercussions of it. Timing issues can be a nightmare when programming, especially server/multiple client related ones. What seems like a good simple solution is not always that easy to implement and there is quite often many additional things that have to happen because of that change. GvG is a case point of all the glitches that can occur because of timing issues from multiple client calls to a server.

Additionally, about what is important... HTML is one thing that has been in taking from 2010 ...and if they do think a lot on advance, then it seams to me they don't work all that good ...

Getting software to work on multiple platforms, systems, browsers etc. is no mean feat. That is why many companies do not take it on board and just produce software for one. Do not underestimate the task. I'm not suggesting they have done it particularly efficiently but nevertheless there have been improvements and it is a necessity for the PC version to continue in the future.

Shad23

Emperor
HTML is one thing that has been in taking from 2010 ...and if they do think a lot on advance, then it seams to me they don't work all that good ...
lol still not playable for all players re-tryed HTML yesturday and it's still un-playable for me game runs to slow on HTML for me to switch to HTML i need flash to play otherwise game is so slow it's not playable