• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unable to leave GvG

• Thread starter DeletedUser14881
  • Start date

DeletedUser14881

• World:Arvahall
  • Browser and Version: Chrome, latest
  • Overview of the bug: I can't return to my city while in GvG map
  • How often this occurs: That was the first time
  • Urgency: Low
  • Preventative Actions: Refresh the game
  • Summary: I was in the GvG Map with the messenger dialog box opened. Coincidentally, in the exact same moment I clicked the button to post my answer in the topic I was writing another dialog popped showing what I had received as reward of a GB contribution. After close it and then the messenger, I wasn't able to return to my city because instead of having the "Back to Overview" button I had the usual action icons shown while in the city (build, ranking, tech...)
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Nope
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:Nope, just refreshed the game and it's all good

DeletedUser97349

Thank you for your bug report. To clarify, after you had closed the GB reward notification window and your message box, the build menu appeared in place of the back to overview button?

DeletedUser97349

I have been unable to reproduce this issue; is anyone else able to confirm the problem?

DeletedUser14704

Only rarely, last one I can remember was a BP from a GB that had just levelled, seemed to cause some kind of lock so had to refresh browser.

DeletedUser97349

Thank you for the information, if anyone is able to grab a screen shot of this occurring it would be very helpful :)

DeletedUser14881

Thank you for your bug report. To clarify, after you had closed the GB reward notification window and your message box, the build menu appeared in place of the back to overview button?
If with "build menu" you mean the daily action icons visible in city overview, then yes.

I think this can be reproducible only in a controlled development environment, with two developers acting as two different players. One of them donates X - 1 FPs to the other's GB, opens a GvG Map and then the Messenger (maybe in this specific order). After that, the GB owner gives to himself the last point needed to level up while the first player replies something in his Messenger.

If everything happen like it happened to me, the donator will be able to close his Messenger but will have to refresh his browser to get back to city overview.

DeletedUser97349

If with "build menu" you mean the daily action icons visible in city overview, then yes.

I think this can be reproducible only in a controlled development environment, with two developers acting as two different players. One of them donates X - 1 FPs to the other's GB, opens a GvG Map and then the Messenger (maybe in this specific order). After that, the GB owner gives to himself the last point needed to level up while the first player replies something in his Messenger.

If everything happen like it happened to me, the donator will be able to close his Messenger but will have to refresh his browser to get back to city overview.

I have already attempted to reproduce it on our test servers myself using this method, but was unsuccessful. Everything behaved as expected. For this reason, I will need to mark this as cannot reproduce, unfortunately. If it becomes a recurrent issue however we can reopen, as always.