• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: ( Battle) [UI] Adding 2 more Army selection Tabs...

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Galladhorn

Monarch

Add two more Army Selection Tabs

A)
This idea or addition is for the Army Window, adding two more Army Selction tabs, that can be set up with at the players choice.

No Age Filtering Option [ Dropdown menu ]
B)
Also in this Post are the suggestion to add a No Ages filtering option to the Ages selection dropdown menu.

These Ideas or smilar may have been proposed, after a few searches on both I did not find the eact same proposals.
If they exista then my apologies, I have been thinking about this for while and looked to see if it would come up – If it did I missed it.

Both Ideas will enhance the Army Selection UI slightly and holds the option to make several clicks less for the player in certain game situations – Essentially it makes not the Game, but the Army Selection slightly easier.

Idea A)
This idea is pretty straight forward and simply utilizes the space in the UI Window to add two unit tabs.

idea B) I have ssen it being discussed not so long ago in a thread and thought it should be brought to the table.
In the Age/era Drop Down menu the All Ages exists so a No Ages would have its place as well.

The con side: Both ideas makes it easier and reduces the number of Clicks a player will do to get his Army in place and start fighting (or pressing the Auto Button*). But somehow I still find that this option is a fair and logical option to add, you might disgree I accept that.

*Also witth he current discussion going on the GvG Game these ideas does not exactly play well into that scenario since apparently the servers/coding and whatever has huge trouble keeping up to speed. Both Idea A and B would make GvG even faster, but just remember GvG is not the only part of the game.

Visual Aids:

A)

WIndow Tab A (Current)

FoE2018_UnitsWindow_ArmyTabs_v01_A.jpg

WIndow Tab B

FoE2018_UnitsWindow_ArmyTabs_v01_B.jpg

WIndow Tab B

FoE2018_UnitsWindow_ArmyTabs_v01_C.jpg

B)
No Age Dropdown Option

FoE2018_UnitsWindow_NoAgeSelection_v01.jpg

Summary:

Idea A)
Proposes to Add two additional Army Selection tabs to the UI giving players a few less clicks and perhaps make them feel more "Commander alike" witth htis possible huge upgrade to the Army Screen.

Idea B) Proposes to add a No Age filtering option to the Age/Era Selction dropdown.
When slected the unit window will show units that have No Era affiliation; Rogues, Drummers, Colorguard´s.

Give your Feedback

Like Both Ideas +1
Like idea A) = A +1
Like Idea B) = B +1

Don´t Want any of them -1
Don´t Want A) -1A
Don´t Want B) -1B

Any constructive feedback appreciated.
Cheers :)

Emberguard

Legend
+1 (to both)

Multi Army Setups: This would be great for preparing between plundering, GE and GvG specific armies

No Ages Tab: While this was brought up in another idea quite recently, I'm in full support of it. It'd be very useful

DeletedUser107616

+1 , army management needs improving

I though about army management over a year ago...

1st: separated by type
& showing only 8 units per type - because 8 is max AND defending army in its own section.
NEW Army Managment-edit2.jpg

2nd
: -defending army, special units & regular units all separate
Army Management.jpg

Army Management-both.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Galladhorn

Monarch
+1 , army management needs improving

I though about army management over a year ago...

1st: separated by type
& showing only 8 units per type - because 8 is max AND defending army in its own section.
View attachment 16490

2nd
: -defending army, special units & regular units all separate
View attachment 16489

Hi, Yea well somethings could be done to this window.
But I think that there is a max window size that needs to be considerd – not everybody is on large screen with high resilution, and the desing is not suited for a respopnsive markup.

In any case the window sizes are not consistant on Computer, essentially if FoE got their heads right they would take a close look at this, since not only the Army Window but also the Thread needs and overhaul – they are way backwards using a lot of frames but portrays very little information.

ILAB21, I think your combination takes up too much space - how about just adding a small tap for the defending army. It is not a window/selection that is being used all the time so there is no need to see it all the time, but a small tap giving the player a clear slection to what is now in denfece would be good.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.