• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.145

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser4727

Hello all,

This thread is for discussing the upcoming update 1.145. The update is a small update, with mostly some bugfixes and updates to our building art. Check out the full details here.

Thanks
Richard & Team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14881

The new visuals for old GBs are most welcomed, too bad Notre Dame, a useless GB nowadays, has been redesigned over, let's see Zeus or Hagia Sophia (older than St. Marks, mind you). But hopefully that's temporary and they'll eventually show up.

However, regarding the "meantime suggestion", since the BETA doesn't seem to have a WIki of their own, may we have Building Costs and the initial values for Himeji Castle?

- We received feedback related to Zoom settings not being retained when returning to your city from your Cultural Outpost. With this update, we've changed the behavior so your city's zoom settings are retained!

Andrew420

Major
may we have Building Costs and the initial values for Himeji Castle?
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/vf3-spoilers.36948/

index.php

DeletedUser4727

Yeah, as Test Ament commented, values from Beta for the most part should be treated with a pinch of salt. The likelihood it will change between now and Live is unlikely given it's content release as opposed to, say, a timed event, but still. The wikis will get updated automatically once the VF3 is switched on Live.

Glad for the feedback on others so far, I too am happy to see the zoom change :)

I'll pass the good feedback on to our artists :)

DeletedUser14881

I don't really mind if they are accurate or not because so far they've been close enough to what comes to the Live and that kind of information serves as a good base to prepare my stock beforehand.

Anyway, thank you, Andrew

DeletedUser113901

Why do all redesigned buildings need to look worse afterwards? The original designs were good...
The ToB is the biggest redesigning failure in this game after the hut and the hunter IMO.
The other updates are much appreciated.

While you are at FIX THE ORICHALCHUM JOURNEY RIPOFF.

trip reduction time -15:25 hours and the dang thing still takes 7 hours. FIX IT! - YOU ARE ROBBING GOODS FROM US - ROYALLY!

Emberguard

Legend
any idea why the game doesn't work on Flash on Chrome anymore ? Thanks .
The chrome browser (all browsers to varying degrees) have been phasing out support for Flash in preparation for when Adobe will stop Flash support altogether. This has nothing to do with Innogames the choice is out of their hands. The platform of Flash will simply cease to exist sometime during 2020

Now I can still use Flash on Chrome as can many others. However there are certain parts of the game I can't run on Flash with Chrome (starting tutorial continent map never loads sector) and plenty of players have been posting that they're also having troubles getting Flash to work at all. This could be a combination of factors. Operating System version, computer specs etc. however the most likely culprit would be the web browser itself given this was hardly ever a problem prior to Chrome dropping Flash supporting features from the browser.

My suggestion to you is to either try other browsers and see if you can get Flash to work on something that's not Chrome or try HTML5 and see how that goes. If you can't get HTML5 to work well in chrome then that may also need testing in different browsers for the one that's most efficient on your computer for that purpose

Andrew420

Major
Wow, Android update still not released.
From the update announcements

This is the mobile section of the changelog. These are things that you won't see on the desktop version of the game or only concern the mobile interface or functionality. Keep in mind that the time the mobile update becomes available depends on the stores and can be some days after the release of the browser version. So don't be surprised if you don't see the update on your devices just yet!

DeletedUser112892

From the update announcements

This is the mobile section of the changelog. These are things that you won't see on the desktop version of the game or only concern the mobile interface or functionality. Keep in mind that the time the mobile update becomes available depends on the stores and can be some days after the release of the browser version. So don't be surprised if you don't see the update on your devices just yet!
I am a bit surprised because previous updates were released in the same day usually about 11:30AM GMT +1:00. But, who knows, maybe there were some difficulties.

Amy Steele

General
Wow, Android update still not released.
I am a bit surprised because previous updates were released in the same day usually about 11:30AM GMT +1:00. But, who knows, maybe there were some difficulties.
For mobile updates we are dependent upon the platform providers (for example Apple, Google) for approval of the new version before they will release it. Sometimes this takes time. Often the version for one platform will be released some time before the others.

DeletedUser116654

big new visual changes...
BabelNew.gif

View attachment 17904 and yet, the "hedge" is still a bush that doesn't join together like the roads...

now overnight the game is so slow on PC - how the hell does a simplistic android tablet outperform a PC 100 times more powerful ?

Maybe because you haven't turned on hardware acceleration?
*Edit* In your browser's settings, I mean.