• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: typing in messaging.

DeletedUser

Long delays after typing letters. think it's called backlogging. Used to happen a lot many years ago when i typed fast on an Amstrad 128 with 56 kb memory.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Have done more typing in messaging and is all OK at the moment so most probably my computer.

DeletedUser

Hi Eliza,

you maybe want to check how much memory FoE had allocated with your taskmanager (everything over 1 GB slows the game or any typing)
To prevent this relog once every hour and you won't have this problem.
Especially after you visit many neighbours to boost them.
Firefox plays FoE in the "plugin-container.exe" so you may look for this process.

If it's still to slow watch you cpu load, something like that could also be came from other programms.

Greets
Funonline

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi Eliza,

you maybe want to check how much memory FoE had allocated with your taskmanager (everything over 1 GB slows the game or any typing)
To prevent this relog once every hour and you won't have this problem.
Especially after you visit many neighbours to boost them.

If it's still to slow watch you cpu load, something like that could also be came from other programms.

Greets
Funonline

Thankyou for that. It is obvious you know your way around computers
You have given very clear and good advice.
regards to you.

DeletedUser

It is obvious you know your way around computers
You have given very clear and good advice.
regards to you.

That's my job (no not here by Innogames) but in real life.
Database administration and Support of the "bigger" systems ;)
So maybe it's right what they say, you never really quit working :rolleyes: also not in your freetime.

DeletedUser

Yes thank you, I was having the same problem also in editing my profile. Follow your suggestion and now it works.