• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Two waves army

piru3

Private
I have an account in the Bronze Age. One of Bowl Event quest demands to defeat a large army of 4 Slinger + 4 Horseman and a second wave of 3 Spearfighter + 2 Horseman .
I tried in different ways without a positive result. That keeps me from moving on Event. Any suggestion ? Thank you.

DeletedUser

I have an account in the Bronze Age. One of Bowl Event quest demands to defeat a large army of 4 Slinger + 4 Horseman and a second wave of 3 Spearfighter + 2 Horseman .
I tried in different ways without a positive result. That keeps me from moving on Event. Any suggestion ? Thank you.
Use x8 Archers - Slingers but you will need Attack Boost from your Tavern , if you have upgrade your Tavern enough to get that boost ofc.
Most Quests are hard for Bronze Age without enough upgrades on Tavern...
You can also use Attack Boosts from your Inventory but i doubt if you have any yet !

piru3

Private
I did this as much as I could and I don't have an other option to solve this quest...so far I had no problem to solve previous quests.

DeletedUser110131

Caveat: It's been a while since I fought without any boost from buildings; I may be overestimating your troops slightly. To compensate, you may want to use both the Tavern boost and an inventory boost. Preferably, you should need only 2 attacks on an enemy unit to take it out. If you need 3, you'll have to get Zeus up and running.

First, if you're going with only slingers, get to a proper PC, if you're not already at one. You'll need to stay outside of reach as much as possible, which is easier on the Web client. Hover the mouse to see the reach of enemy units. Attack the horsemen first, while keeping your slingers outside the range of the enemy slingers. Boosted, 8 slingers should make short work of 4 horsemen. The slingers won't do any damage on their turn, since you're out of reach. If they're "mean" enough to make it impossible to stay out of reach while attacking the horsemen, try again; they won't always be.

For the second wave, you do the same: take out the horsemen first, staying out of reach of the spearfighters, then take out the spearfighters.

If you can get 4 rogues, that's great. In that case, I recommend going with horsemen of your own. Hold the horsemen back, and move the rogues just within reach of the enemy horsemen, outside the reach of the enemy slingers. The enemy horsemen will attack your rogues, and loose half their health points. The enemy slingers won't be able to do anything on their turn. You may want to preserve your rogues; in that case, move your converted rogues (they'll be horsemen) out of reach of the enemy slingers. Take out the enemy horsemen with your horsemen. Now you'll loose 2 horsemen to the enemy slingers, leaving you with 2 horsemen and 4 converted rogues. Take out 3 enemy slingers. The last will injure one of your horsemen, then you'll take it out.

For the second wave, you let the 2 enemy horsemen and 2 of the enemy spearfighters attack your rogues, staying out of reach of the third enemy spearfighter. You can wipe everyone out with your second turn.

There's a third option, using only stone throwers. You'll definitely want to use both the Tavern boost and a boost from inventory. This is a retreating strategy. You need to take out the horsemen first, while staying out of reach of the slingers, then take out the slingers. For the second wave, repeat, only now staying out of reach of the spearfighters.

You may also try experimenting with only spearfighters; they're cheap, fast to produce, and should be adequate to the task, if used properly. They're harder to give a blow by blow for, though.

Of course, 7 rogues + one regular is always the best, but probably out of reach for you. Note that everyone has some troops that they find easier to work with. If none of this works for you, keep trying your own ideas. I remember I preferred to work with 4 slingers and 4 warriors (I wouldn't use that today, though), or 8 slingers, depending on the situation.

Good luck, and have fun!

Edit: Replaced one instance of "archer" with "slinger".

Last edited by a moderator: