• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Turning buildings round

DeletedUser113176

Please can you look into the possibility of turning buildings round. For a excample I might want to build a 4x3 building but have a 3x4 gap. Currently if i would try to place my building there it would show up red but if i could turn that building it would fit perfectly.

DeletedUser112745

Would be nice. This is the first city building game I’ve ever played that doesn’t allow buildings to be rotated. Which at first I found pretty bizarre, to be honest. But now I see that it adds an extra level of challenge, as in trying to fit things in your city. And I like a challenge.

Such a feature would be helpful, so...
+1
But I have my doubts that it’ll happen, especially since they’re testing “Reconstruction mode” on the beta server (see:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-1-124.35490/#post-250902).

Agent327

Overlord
Please can you look into the possibility of turning buildings round. For a excample I might want to build a 4x3 building but have a 3x4 gap. Currently if i would try to place my building there it would show up red but if i could turn that building it would fit perfectly.

Don't like round buildings. Besides that, buildings are in 2D.

DeletedUser113110

Will NEVER happen.
It is on the Do Not Suggest List, been suggested a million times, rejected a million times.
-1 if you cannot figure this out.
Plus, buildings will look strange if you can turn them.

DeletedUser109832

Buildings would only "look strange" if the artists can't figure out what they would look like from another angle and given the quality of the graphics in this (which are always pretty good at worst) I'm sure it would be easy for them to do... hell, you could rotate buildings in FarmVille 6+ years ago, and they never looked strange.

Galladhorn

Monarch
– Currently it would put a huge strain on the systems, both servers and local storage, since each building would have two faces. So a approximate double up on Building Graphics for up to 10 million users world wide. (As mentioned above in the thread, this I not 3D, but based on Flash and next to be based on HTML5).
Not to forget that every single building in the game would have to be reworked – That is a lot of work.

– FoE is free game... The about most important intent to use money on the game is to expand the space available – the limitations or challenges on how buildings fit together is a essential part of how this can remain a free game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser113539

I don't think they'd have to double up on images, they could just flip them horizontally which can be done with HTML

I don't think buildings would look strange as mirror images (unless there were writing on them):
longhouse.jpg

Normal
longhouse_flipped.jpg

Flipped
I'd like it cosmetically, but I enjoy the current challenge of moving things to fit