• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

True Fair Trade Guilds

DeletedUser99433

As many of you know the introduction of higher ages saw a change in ratio of value of goods produced comparing one age with another. True value of goods between consecutive higher ages was no longer 1:2 or 2:1, but, decreased as you went up the ages until you get to trading between Contemporary and Tomorrow where they revert back to 2:1 and can be calculated very simply with the Fair Trade Calculater .

I left my last Guild ages ago when we were forbidden to trade fairly using the Fair Trade Calculator and were forced to stick to the pedantic 1:2 or 2:1 due to Guild officials being stuck in the past in a period before the higher ages were introduced. OK, if they can't evolve with FoE that's their choice, but, it was not for me. Now after around a year trading in the next guild I joined quite happily using the trade calculator they are talking about going back to the old fixed ratios mainly because some people can't be bothered to use it even though we had agreed we could trade anywhere between true value and old fixed ratios which meant you could be generous as a temptation if needed. Well I'll leave FoE if I'm forced to comply to irrational rules like that.

So, are there any Guilds out there that understand what the words "Fair Trade" means and allow trade using the above calculator or by just working it out using basic maths? Let me know if there is :?

DeletedUser99433

If simple is all you want 1:1 is even simpler, that way you can trade between all ages :lol:

Anyway, the question I asked was "So, are there any Guilds out there that understand what the words "Fair Trade" means and allow trade using the above calculator or by just working it out using basic maths? Let me know if there is" yet all I've seen so far is defence of an out of date calculation system.

DeletedUser107476

We are talking simple for the leaders and founders of the guild. Or you could start paying founders and leaders say 100 fp a week for putting the effort in of having to check every single trade is fair on the calculator. Most have enough on their plate as it is.

joesoap

Major-General
So, are there any Guilds out there that understand what the words "Fair Trade" means and allow trade using the above calculator or by just working it out using basic maths? Let me know if there is

yes there are guilds that allow trades using the calculator, however the 1s i have seen have players that dont care about these "fair rates" because they find it time consuming to check to see if every trade is fair before they take it, so a lot of the "fair trades" sit in the market until they expire after 7 days
players understand ages, they understand 1:2, 1:1 & 2:1 rates & can work them out quickly & with little hassle

DeletedUser99433

Well it seems the Guild I'm in is back on course, but, I'd still be interested to learn of Guilds that do use the calculator to trade at true value.

Meanwhile, we have been allowing anything between old ratios and true value so they don't have to be monitored that closely. That flexibility also has other advantages, you have the option of being generous in trade to help you acquire hard to get goods trading either up or down. If a trade you've put up isn't moving you can adjust it to make it more tempting. Poorer trades you may take if they're needed or look for a better offer. That's commerce and it comes into its own in the higher ages adding a bit more interest to the game with minimum effort.

DeletedUser110452

one wonders why people want to police the market at all ? you guys don't like leisure time ? if there are trade offers you don't like simply don't take them. it would be new to me that it is mandatory to take a trade. so leave those trades alone where you don't like the ratio. problem solved and no need to waste time to even discuss the matter. it's a free market eventually !