• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Troops ahead of age

DeletedUser106369

I am in PME and have been attacked by a player who is in PME with Artic Future troops. 4 ages ahead, how is this possible?
I am not complaining about being attacked as this is part of the game. Just asking how this player can have troops so far ahead.

DeletedUser110531

It is possible to gain troops from higher ages if you progress far enough in the continent map and story.

DeletedUser113125

I know of players saving fps and trading for goods to jump up a couple of eras straight after neighbourhood change. They can then own the towers until the next neighbourhood change, however I agree with the previous answers that the troops are probably from story quests.

DeletedUser653

Really not sure if this is correct?
The player is in PME with AF troops so they are from an age 3 above his, the story quest will not let you advance to the next age and will stop and give reoccuring quests once hes at the end of the story quest for PME, so can he get FE troops from the story quests?

Cannot remember ever getting troops from Continent map, but if hes 3 levels ahead using PME troops to fight FE hes doing dam well and never heard of any doing that before, universal tanks just not strong enough normally but i guess if hes got a L60 CoA/CDM/Zeus and a TA going then maybe. Whats the players name? I have a city in most worlds and would really like to see a city of a player whos PME and fighting with FE troops.

Shad23

Emperor
the story quest will not let you advance to the next age and will stop and give reoccuring quests once hes at the end of the story quest for PME
Cannot remember ever getting troops from Continent map
well it's a combination of story quest and advancement on continent map he must be a few era's ahead of his age on continent map for him to get troops from FE while he's in PME , story quest gives you units above your era once you get ahead of your era on continent map

DeletedUser653

Can a mod please confirm this with the developers because its either a bug or a game play which we can develop in our guiklds to give lower age players high end troops,
Still got no idea how a PME player gets troops from 3 ages ahead of him and when i was always 1 age ahead on map i never got troops from next age from story quest, so really interested if this is repeatable
thanks

DeletedUser111359

On En5, I have a "story quest" right now that will give me Recon Raider troops, even tho my city is still mired in Future Era. I have all but 2 sectors of the AF map cleared tho.

DeletedUser107049

I have only ever received troops from one age higher and do this routinely on my 6 worlds

DeletedUser99692

It is possible using a mixture of very high attack boosts, map negotiating and story quest. The system will initiate a block on quests eventually forcing the player to bring their game back into balance before they resume.

There are many paths through the game each player chooses their own path and style of play.

Dead-Eye

General
The system will initiate a block on quests eventually forcing the player to bring their game back into balance before they resume.

As it stands I am in Colonial Age but am in Modern Era on the map. I had 2 recurring quest windows but 1 turned into a story quest. I also have a bonus quest. If I continue to advance on the map without moving up in the tech tree will I lose my other recurring quest?

DeletedUser99692

I cannot say at what point the system will try to initiate progress it varies from player to player as each player has variations in their game play and choices.

DeletedUser114563

(twomsuk) The system will initiate a block on quests eventually forcing the player to bring their game back into balance before they resume.

That's a good thing to prevent small players having to fight other players of the same era with troops ages ahead of them :)

A good game is a well balanced game where there are no extremities :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser114563

(Agent327) It does not prevent anything. Players can still face other players with units 2 ages or more ahead.

Da!! ( not Russian, South AFrican slang )

Last edited by a moderator: