• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Treasure Hunt: Toggle ON/OFF

DeletedUser12400

Proposal: Toggle On/Off treasure hunt

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: None

Reason:Majority of players are unhappy about this feature.
Can you please create an option so it can be disabled?

I think this is a big fail in this game and step backward from the original idea of setting yourself intervals (buying specific houses and running cycle of supplies and goods). Another feature that need makes u to play at fixed times and keep you 24/7 in the game, and not the time that you want.

DO NOT TURN THIS GAMES INTO TRIBAL WARS WHERE YOU EITHER PLAY 24/7 OR YOU LOSE.

I will not use this feature. I ask for disable button because it is annoying in quests section.

i absolutely agree regarding the treasure hunt. if this thing is here to stay, then there must be an opt-out button. I am not interested at this level of playing (CE) to keep getting a few coins and supplies, it might be okay for lower age players. I'm not going to keep returning every 5 minutes, every hour, every 4 hours... I do realize the game makers' goal is to keep us addicted, glued to our chairs and spending money, but this is just annoying and is ruining the game for me big time. I've played for 2 years and this is the worst addition to the game EVER. it must either be time-limited or opt-in / opt-out.

I think those not wanting to participate would like a way of disabling the green tick which makes it seem there is a quest completed which I can appreciate would be annoying. I'm not convinced the format of the treasure hunt is in keeping with the game but I'm not against it. Would it be so dreadful to give those not wanting to do it a way of disabling that green tick from appearing.

In fairness, it can be valuable to low level players who don't have as many, if any, GBs and can still via this route get additional medals, FPs but maybe more usefully, unattached units that perhaps they can't even produce yet, without having to actually "do" anything beyond click a few buttons (time permitting of course).

Obviously though, players with the likes of Alcatraz (units), hagia/cape etc (FPs) and Deal (medals) won't really find this of much use, as will I not either, but I wish it would have been present this time last year from a personal point of view.

there needs to be a way of disabling/hiding it.

We need an option button to turn the Treasure Hunt feature off. I will not be made a slave to a game that i must return at a specific time to collect or start all over again. Others may like it and thats great but if a player does not want to participate we don't need an annoying button sitting there begging for attention.

My opinion..... We do not want to be addicted to FOE, this is NOT a game to get addicted to, it's a nice relaxed slow game. This treasure hunt is COMPLETELY out of sync with the whole IDEA of the game.

That being said,
the 5 minutes and 15 minutes and so on is ridiculous. devs want to give us a treasure hunt? make it 4hrs each or something. and make it reload every day rather than finish in one hour.

Aka 4hrs a leg of the treasure hunt trip, restarts each day, gives USEFUL gifts from the second 4 hr leg onwards.

(1st 4 hrs gives something moderately useless, each 4hr time period afte that gives fps, bps, unattached units, etc only.)

If we have to deal with this mockery of the game, at least make is something more akin to the idea of the game itself.
And so it goes... http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?28668-Treasure-Hunt.

Details: Players are able to toggle On/Off treasure hunt in settings.

Visual Aids:
TurnOff.png

Balance/Abuse Prevention: N/A

DeletedUser99588

The developers in general seem to resist adding settings. An alternative if adding a setting is a problem is for the first chest to require the player to click the button to set it in motion rather than it doing it automatically. I think most would then be happy that the green tick would no longer be seen.

+1 though for OP suggestion.

DeletedUser100832

-1. This is a cosmetic change that does nothing to address the real issues behind the treasure hunt, which is that you get huge bonuses for just clicking a button at the right time.

DeletedUser99588

-1. This is a cosmetic change that does nothing to address the real issues behind the treasure hunt, which is that you get huge bonuses for just clicking a button at the right time.

Yes who would have thought just clicking buttons in this game would bring rewards. I mean where else in the game do you do such a thing as clicking buttons and get rewarded.

Those huge rewards like supplies, coins, more supplies and more coins, oh and more supplies or coins before you might get a 2fp pack or can you guess, yes more supplies or coins. The rewards are far from huge otherwise there wouldn't be so many players wanting to switch it off and the fact of the matter is that it throws up an awful lot of supplies and coins rather than the more interesting rewards. Don't even want to mention the paltry medals it offers but I guess I had to :)

Andrew420

Major
+1
Not a priority but it would be a nice feature

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that part of the way this game is played
You click the button at the right time and you collect whatever you click
IMO the prizes in the T.H. aren't that huge

DeletedUser1081

If developers don't want to add it in settings then they can do it in treasure hunt window.

Ohhhh please no - I'll have to take away my +1 if you keep that variant in the proposal.
When I turn off the TH I want it off of my screen, out of my way, gone where I don't have to look at it! If the on/off switch were in the TH window itself that would mean the TH icon would have to remain on all our screens. No. Please no.

DeletedUser97688

It also sometimes stops the graphics being seen when you have enough quest icons and the TH takes up another spot and forces the 'collect all' down below the menu. They should totally put that 'collect all' in the bar on the right where the moon icon shows up. Someone start a thread for that.

DeletedUser653

-1 the icon sits in corner now with no flashing etc so its not an issue. better things to spend developers time on like the other 20 suggestions from overtype! do you only raise suggestions this week?